Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > my child      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Scheherrazade
Msg: 4
my childPage 1 of 1    
Everyone handles grief differently but there are stages we all go through. When my husband was killed I went around the first month like a zombie, not aware of what was going on around me and going wherever I was led. Then came the anger. I got so violently angry that I had to be sedated. When the tears finally came was almost two months after he had died and I'm surprised I did not flood the house. Our relationship to different people also changes the way we deal. My grief for my husband was entirely different than my grief for my father. We expect our parents to go before we do, just not when we are in our teens. Give her time to get though the various stages and when you think she is ready, then get her counseling.
 wanderbaby
Msg: 6
view profile
History
my child
Posted: 12/20/2007 7:45:23 PM
it's a tough situation, have they had a close relationship? Speaking to a counselor maybe a better solution to getting advice in seeking how to help your daughter thru this grieving process. Perhaps finding a griefing group for teenagers? going to church and seeking someone who can pray over her?
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > my child