Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Sometimes weird is not wonderful, what do you think?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lario
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Sometimes weird is not wonderful, what do you think?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
ROFLMAO !!! Sorry but I had to laugh... In this case, I don't believe that weird is wonderful. Report him to the POF police. He shouldn't be on here.
 DemonLeather
Msg: 5
Sometimes weird is not wonderful, what do you think?
Posted: 12/20/2007 1:04:19 PM
IT WASN'T ME!!!... Honest! I KNEW there was a reason I didn't buy a cam!
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/20/2007 1:23:42 PM
My question--did you let him finish?

That has happened to at least a couple women now. And is why I don't own a web cam.
 OutMind
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/20/2007 1:38:59 PM
One more way to waste time in the internet and do nothing with your life. What a pathetic form of life that guy is.
 DemonLeather
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/20/2007 1:43:14 PM
ooOOOOoooh!..."sexually adventurous!?".. (runs to WalMart, buys web cam)
 kevinmach
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/20/2007 2:42:38 PM
It's really bizarre.

As an occasionally "perverted guy" - I really don't get how the guy gets off from being watched in this particular activity. How them seeing you-when you can't see them-is a turn on.

*shrug*
 Shylent
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2007 12:50:09 AM
Sounds like this guys is both on the wrong site and in the wrong line of work. there are men and women that would actually pay him to do just that.
Instead he is here trying to do that for people who have no interest what so ever and are even offended.
Some people have no creativity i guess. as well as dont know how to communicate.
If he talked to you a while he could have asked to see if you were up to that kinda thing so he would know that it might be appreciated or not at the very least.
Im glad i have more class to do that.
as far as i am concerned it is a rare privilege to get to see me whack off.
i have had many people who were my g/f who never got that privilege.
hell for me its even privilege to see me on cam too. especially since i dont own one
 UR 2 girls away from 3sum
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/26/2007 5:01:29 PM
I am shocked, appalled, and aggrieved. Please forward my User name to this offender ASAP so that I may register my dismay, revulsion and repugnance via webcam!
 ~blue eyes~
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/26/2007 5:20:20 PM
^^^^^ You bleach your hair. Both are attention grabbers, not a big difference between why you did your hair and why she shows clevage.
 Change Of Pace
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2007 9:35:55 PM

^^^^^ You bleach your hair. Both are attention grabbers, not a big difference between why you did your hair and why she shows clevage.

You are joking, right? How do you know it's bleached? How do you know she may not be having chemotherapy and it's a wig? How do you know it's not her natural color? And more importantly I don't think that dying your hair is a sexually overt manuever...yes, it's part of the facade we all build up, but I could hardly compare it to being as sexual as showing your cleavage.

Having defended one poster...I defend the OP--I don't think the photo is that bad in all honesty...it's a bit suggestive, but I think quite tasteful overall...I would have to say that if the guy came into your profile and saw the sexually adventurous description, as well as the activity 'mattress dancer'-he may get the wrong idea. In general my thoughts are that no one has the right to assume you just want to watch him whack off on camera and he was way out of line.

I agree with one of the other posters...I don't own a webcam and when I see anyone opening one up I click out and block. I'm not interested...if I want to see you I'll meet you for a coffee.
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/29/2007 1:25:31 PM
In order to figure out what he was doing, did you have to use the zoom?
 nexthyme
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2007 3:45:15 PM
Oh Shug, this is nothing new at all.

Been off and on dating sites for over 6 yrs, and have experienced that kind of male behavior quite a few times. As one poster wrote, they are surprised when you close the window, more shocked you block them, and then surprised how unwelcome they are to tract you down to ask were you offended when they change their ID, or e mail or what ever to ask if they offended you.

One time I had a perv on a site send me a pic of his p.. p.., this site started allowing it I guess...Anyway I responded back WOW, I have seen bigger p.. p..'s on mice.

AS WELL, it doesn't matter if you show cleavage or not, the dress I am in is the first one I have worn in any photo's to show cleavage.

Moral of the story, don't be surprised if this happens again, but hope for the best...
 ssirishchick
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2007 10:42:08 PM
Marilyn Merlot, you are a riot!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/30/2007 8:32:21 AM
Redheadedrose, I learned years ago on Yahoo to NEVER look at the cam of a man whom I haven't talked to for some time and gotten to know.

The first time that the first thing I witnessed was a penis when I accepted the view, I shut it down and thought it was an aberration. But oh, ol' trusting Gwen, it took two or three times more to realize that it was a common occurrence.

You are not uptight. It was a visual rape.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/30/2007 8:37:34 AM

maybe these things wouldnt happen to u if u dint wear ur top cut down to ur waist ?
i dunno just a shot in the dark

An ignorant shot in the dark. A man doesn't need to see cleavage in order to present himself on cam. If he is going to do it, he will do it front of a nun if he could.

Even if a woman lists " sexually adventurous" on her profile, it doesn't mean she wants to have an adventure with every Tom, Dick or Harry who comes along.

Geez, the least he could do is ask if she wants to see.

You are joking, right? How do you know it's bleached? How do you know she may not be having chemotherapy and it's a wig?

Her hair is not a wig. She might have once been blond, but it is now dyed. It is also in very bad condition, probably due to being dyed. Why does she dye her hair? To make herself look more attractive. No value judgment there, but that poster's comment on cleavage was most certainly a value judgment.

Msg: 35
Posted: 12/30/2007 8:49:22 AM

tries it with everybody he contacts and never asks. And that's the way he gets off when I want to feel as if it might actually be me that turns him on.
So is your only problem that he is not Wank-nogamous?
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/30/2007 9:34:50 AM
Maybe people will see that inviting a stranger to webcam is akin to inviting a stranger into your home. 1) You do not know a stranger's true intentions/ character 2) You do not have as much control over boundaries once they are "in" 3) Not a good idea!
 DemonLeather
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/30/2007 10:24:36 AM
Jayderaven said:
Should I send you one?

:)

Just kidding...

Happy New Years!
Save postage,.. send me YOUR webcam address, and I'll watch You!
If you do really well,. I'll make you an AVI with My camera, with sound " I don't neeed no steeenking webcam"
and that would MY New Years happy!

"Just kidding"...
Happy New Years back at ya'!
 DemonLeather
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/30/2007 11:47:29 AM
But oh, ol' trusting Gwen, it took TWO or THREE times more to realize that it was a common occurrence.

You are not uptight. It was a visual rape. ......

Was that "visual gang rape?"
I'd like to see the Hospital rape kit for that one..A couple of Q-tips and some Visine?
I could hear the impending trial cross examination from the accused cam-penis' attorney.. It would probably go like this:

Defense: Would you tell the court Ms.Gwen,..why after one episode, you chose to open yet another, and another web cam invitation,.. if you felt so brutilized by the first?
Ms.Gwen: I don't know,.. I was trusting,.. I suppose..
Defense: Trusting!? Ms. Gwen??! You've just been visually brutilized,. and you're "trusting"??
Ms Gwen: Yes,. I mean I thought it was a fluke..
Defense: A "fluke?"..Ms. Gwen,.. isn't that a type of worm,.. worms, look like penises ..Ms.Gwen, are you preoccupied with that subject?
Ms Gwen: NO,. no.. you're twisting My words!
Prosecutor: OBJECTION!
Judge: SUSTAINED! Watch yourself sir,..
Defense: Yes ,Your Honor (momentary silence) Ms. Gwen... were you wearing eye makeup the day of the alleged assault?
Ms Gwen: I,. I don't remember...
Defense: Come now Ms Gwen,.. don't remember?
Ms Gwen: I'm not sure,. I may have been..
Defense: Well, if you were, would it have included.. eye liner?... mascara?...eye shadow?
Prosecutor: OBJECTION!
Judge: OVERRULED,.. .. answer the question, Ms. Gwen..
Ms Gwen: Yes,.. that would be what I'd worn..
Defense: So,. Ms. Gwen,.. You were trying to attract men to your eyes, weren't you!
Prosecution: OBJECTION YOUR HONOR!!
Defense: Isn't it true Ms. Gwen, You WANTED men to lust for your eyes!,.. Make them so attractive, DRIVE them WILD with lust, so their penises could NO LONGER CONTAIN THEMSELVES!! ISN'T IT TRUE , Ms. Gwen!!
Ms Gwen: NO, NO. NO!! (sobbing) NOooOOoo!
Prosecutor " OBJECTION!!!!, OBJECTION !!!!!!,OBJECTION!!! Your HONOR, PLEASE!!
(courtroom mills & buzzes,..)
Judge: ORDER IN THE COURT! (Bangs gavel Loudly & multiple times)
Judge: ONE more outburst like that from the defense, and you'll be in CONTEMPT!
Defense: I apologize, your Honor, but I just wanted the jury to understand, That these penises, did what they were intended to do, caught by the made up eye of the witness..and WHY did she accept? Why, after the first, did she accept, and accept again?
Prosecutor: OBJECTION! Defense is playing to the jury!!
Defense: NO SIR! I'm showing "reasonable doubt" with the multiple acceptances of the cam invitations by the witness! You MUST not CONVICT, if it will not fit! And None of My clients were "winked-off" 'twas only by THEIR hands! She accepted, multiple times, and shares in the guilt!
Prosecutor: OBJECTION!!
(court stirrs heavilly again)
Judge: BANGS gavel over & over ORDER! ORDER!!!
(fade to black) "
I worry about me,.. I actually see this stuff, in my head!

To Ms. Gwen.. before you jump all over me, I want to apologize, in advance, for the above courtroom scene. Contrary to popular opinion, I'm not a totally uncaring buttwipe..I do understand how this kind of thing IS very upsetting to you, and I'm indeed sorry it happened as well. Some peope are much more sensitive, than the rest of us. Again,.. I apologize,.. but, I think "visual rape" is WaaaAAAAaaay too strong a term to be used here. You weren't held down, tied up, or forced in ANY way, shape or form,.. you,. accepted, even after the first shocker, you went right on & clicked. Now, was it wrong, YES, was it disgusting..if you're sensitive, YES..and it's probably illegal but visual rape,.. it was not.. One more time, I apologize. I guess I shouldn't watch "Boston Legal", and enjoy it so much.. this, would be the PERFECT case for Denny Crane and a future episode!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/30/2007 12:49:03 PM
Rape is never a topic for jokes.

If you think it is, you have never come close to being raped.

Rape is not about sex, it is about power. A man who slaps out his penis in front of an unsuspecting woman and whacks it is exerting his "power." If she shuts the cam down immediately, he gets the satisfaction of knowing that he shocked her. It is a violation.

Obviously, I was not harmed in my brief exposure to seeing a couple of men wanking. But I wonder, how would that affect a child? Would it be a laughing matter then? And don't say that children could not be put into such a position.
 DemonLeather
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/30/2007 2:44:19 PM
Ok,. point taken,.. however Your space may have been "violated" & most likely sexually harrassed,, but you were NOT raped. And,. yes it could happen to children, and more than likely does, but I was referring to YOUR experience, NOT a child's. I feel almost violated that you are starting to add those kind of hypotheticals to make what I said appear worse. You say you were not harmed,. ..I say it's NOT rape, and stand by it..and found humor in the audacity of you calling it "visual Rape".but again,.. apologize for offending your sensibilities, yet again.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/30/2007 3:20:37 PM

but I was referring to YOUR experience, NOT a child's.

But I was NOT referring to my experience alone--the OP was highly upset about her experience, seemingly much more than I was about mine. It was to her that I made the comment.

There are different types of violations besides sexual rape. And how do you or I qualify the "harm" another person experiences? If a man comes into my house, forces his intentions on me, fondles my breasts and ass, and then when I wrest myself away and tell him to get the hell out, and he does because he knows my husband is due home . . . I am not physically harmed, but no harm done?

Seeing a naked man fondling himself on cam certainly didn't leave a harmful impression on me, but to trivialize its impact on someone else is something that you cannot judge. Plus, you already make caveats for children, which WAS one of my points--I knew that you would.
 DemonLeather
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/31/2007 12:18:28 AM
Thank You!, whenyer strange, for coming out of the rain, and saying what I was trying to, from the feminine prospective. My prospective was obviously 'tainted" to Ms.Gwen because I have one of those "whacky-things" between my legs, which makes me a potential "visual rapist" I doubt even you will convince her otherwise though...

cocytus said: "Surprising" somebody on a webcam is unpleasant AND tacky...but to call it "rape" diminishes the word."
EXACTLY!.. THANK YOU! Next it will be " I saw a man pee in public! Help!!! I've been visually & morally raped!!"
bandy about that word and you WILL demean and diminish the word,. save it for the horror it was intended to be used on.
And Ms Gwen, I WAS "technically raped" according to NY State law...but I really don't count it as such, because it's true, you can't rape the willing. Rape didn't apply to me after my 18th birthday, after that, I was considered a volunteer.
Also, I applaud your AMAZING clairvoyance! KNOWING I was going to say that! With your keen gift, perhaps you should work with your local authorities, and prevent ACTUAL rapes from occurring. now THERE'S a thought!

jaydraven...Hmm what's that old Glade air freshener commercial jingle? ooOOOoh yeah..
(sings)
"PLUG IT IN, PLUG IT IN!"
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/31/2007 6:44:04 AM
The OP wrote:
It's abusive in my book.

Her words.

How she felt about being visually assaulted is how she feels.

Of course cams can't be policed, but a man who would expose himself to a woman IS being abusive. He was exerting power over someone whom he saw as unable to "help" herself. If he did it in real life, he could be arrested for his actions.

Anonymity breeds confidence; it breeds a false sense of power that many people do not have in "real" life.
 DemonLeather
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/31/2007 10:15:02 AM
whenyer_strange said: "Yes, I've rambled .... sorry."
Yes you did, but some damn fine AND refreshing intellectual ramblings! Almost like an uplifting sermon! AMEN!!!

All together, now, clap your hands now....
AMEN,..A-A-AA-MEN Amen... AMEN!

A Lil' Louder, Now...
A-aa-Men.. AA-AaaAAAAaa-Men AMEN, AMEN!
Rough around the edges?! hehehe Girl you have no idea! I'm downright jagged!
I couldn't ride a bike like yours,.If I had to lay down on it to drive it, I'd be dead by now,. or at least a WHOLE lot uglier! (AND it would take a LOT of bondo, to get my face print out of those car doors too)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Sometimes weird is not wonderful, what do you think?