Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Morals and Masterbation!!!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ZeesMuset
Msg: 4
Morals and Masterbation!!!!Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
As a Christian, I pondered this and sweated over it when I was younger. Not anymore. To me, sex is sacred, something that is shared with someone you love, respect and cherish. It's not something to be passed around and taken for granted. I masterbate - and at times frequently... God created us to be sensual, sexual beings - heck! He created sex, therefore it has to be good, y'know...
 nipoleon
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Morals and Masterbation!!!!
Posted: 12/20/2007 2:13:51 PM
God gave you sex organs as a cruel joke to torture you your whole life.
God also created the world in 6 days just to screw with everybody.
Doesn't it occur to you that if sex was only for procreation, it wouldn't feel nearly a good as it does.
 kevinmach
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/20/2007 2:20:02 PM
I was raised Catholic, but I am not overly religious at this point in my life. The attitude some people have towards practicing a faith --which is to me in antiquated- is that belonging to an denomination is an all or nothing thing. You either do everything they say, or you're not really part of that denomination. To me, that's a control mechanism.

That being said, I try to look at it as what I believe is of concern to God, versus as what I feel are man-made doctrines and interpretations designed to control you or that may or may not be correct.

That masturbation is a sin, I just don't subscribe to-I feel it's a man- made interpretation that is not healthy, and the think the recent action of priests who are not allowed to do this or have sex-have confirmed in my mind, that it's not natural or healthy to deprive yourself of something that is clearly present for a reason.

It's between you and you only... and maybe God, if you believe that. You're not out fornicating with everything that moves, or involving the emotions of others. You can only try to do the best you can in the context provided.
 Ave Caesar
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/20/2007 2:21:48 PM
Misspelling masturbation is a sin.
 nocalsingledad
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 2:37:36 PM
Back when humans were barely able to keep the population stable, "spilling seed" was considered a bad thing to do.
 cotter
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 2:42:10 PM
Why not ask this in the "Religion" forum ... those folks over there will be glad to tell you.

You could also ask your Minister for guidance ... right?
 kevinmach
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/20/2007 2:48:54 PM

Why not ask this in the "Religion" forum ... those folks over there will be glad to tell you

cuz the one in the Religion forum is about to get whacked (pardon the pun) as attention seeking.

OP- in the event that you should have serious question you need help with, don't post the same question in two different forums at the same time. It's impolite and makes the the other forum users feel like you're wasting their time.

Next time it happens, I will see to it that Bluezzz liberally spills his seed on your forehead as punishment for your misdeeds. I would say that is at least as bad as any punishment God could dish out.
 Spence56
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/20/2007 3:01:20 PM
Religion being what it is these days, I'm quite certain you will be able to find some religion with a moratorium on masturbation. Or just about anything else you might care to do with yourself or anyone else. Some people help themselves to hefty feelings of guilt for all kinds of things, some even feel great sadness afterwards because they remember they are alone. For some people, if you think you have to ask someone about it you probably shouldn't do it! I know it's weird, but it takes all kinds to fill the freeways!!
 kevinmach
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/20/2007 3:19:08 PM

If you see the same title in a thread or close to the same by the samer person then why read it?

Well, for one thing, it's against the forum rules. I don't make the rules, but redundant threads are not allowed.

And two, part of the process is not just responding to your issues, but interacting with other users and their comments to our responses. When you split the threads like that, it just takes away from the whole point of the process-which is for everyone to be able hear and be heard on whatever issues is being discussed at the present time.

I don't think he's getting it.. Bluezzz, you're on stand by.. get ready...
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 24
Morals and Masturbation!!!!
Posted: 12/20/2007 4:20:22 PM
Bluezzz, we ALL have that image in our heads now...thx a LOT Kevinmach!

I think it IS a "sin" in some Christian denominations, not sure which. It's a venial sin in Catholic, I think (me: "Forgive me, Father, I've touched myself three times while I've been waiting in line for confession" him: "OK, dearie, say yer 3 hail marys")

"Venial sin is essentially different from mortal sin. It does not avert us from our true last end, it does not destroy charity, the principle of union with God, nor deprive the soul of sanctifying grace, and it is intrinsically reparable. "
 svj
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/20/2007 6:33:46 PM
Did you know that nearly all suicide bombers are young men that are highly religious, never get laid, and never masturbate?

Don't worry about what anyone else says, OP. Just do what feels right for you.
If you absolutely feel unqualified to make the decision on your own, and need to be told what to do... go find a nice moderate church (one where people actually smile during the service), and ask the minister there.
 OutMind
Msg: 26
Posted: 12/20/2007 6:44:24 PM
Sperm, those little swimmer that you create by a cazilion every day, well, they get old and evolve from fast little swimmers, to killers of other sperm to then slow blockers. So in other words, they have a shelf life. So guess what happens, your body wants to get rid of them. Hopefully you can give them to a lovely lady, but even when she is in the picture, you need to keep younger sperm active. So even if you're against masturbation, then you will begin to have wet dreams. So enjoy. It's natural, it's actually healthy. Just don't substitute the pursuit of the real thing for your right hand.
 cw35
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 6:53:31 PM
I would think it shouldn't be frowned on by your religion. After all, you're avoiding premarital sex and it's a natural thing so I don't see why it would be considered a sin. The Catholic religion has a different view but I don't get it. ( Just don't do it while reading the bible, God may frown on that. lol.)
 OutMind
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/20/2007 7:14:06 PM

Just don't do it while reading the bible, God may frown on that. lol.)

Oh man, I almost choked at that visual.
 Im George
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/20/2007 7:43:43 PM
Im lost, nearest i can tell @ this point is im DEFINATELY goin to Hell
 kevinmach
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/20/2007 8:59:28 PM

we ALL have that image in our heads now...thx a LOT Kevinmach!

Sorry for the visual guys... it was just a spooky bed time story to scare the OP into doing the right thing (ironically, in much the same manner that a story made him too scared to masturbate). The threat is over now folks, we're back to Defcon 1.

Bluezzz, put that thing away before someone loses an eye!!
 that sam i am
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/21/2007 2:42:22 AM
So, If you think of Jesus or Mary and say "oh God!" when you orgasm, that should be alright then?
 Im George
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/21/2007 7:15:40 AM
I think the real sin would be if you couldnt even satisfy yourself

imagine hearing yourself ask "are you done yet, im tired" right in the middle of it

Gawd i have issues..... my hand wont even sleep under the covers anymore....it even acts a lil nervous bein in the same room with me if noone else is around.

if IT has an affair, its definately gettin cut out of the family
 Imtheone7
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2007 9:46:19 AM
If you believe in "God" then you should believe the following..

He would not have given you hands if he did not want you to use them.. he would also not allow you thoughts to do yourself if he did not want you too.

So, have fun...

svj
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/21/2007 9:50:57 AM
^^^ So *that's* what opposable thumbs are for....
 MarkGStevens
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/30/2013 8:59:16 AM
I know this is a really old thread but I had to chime in because I have heard this thing about dolphins in the past and it irks me every time I hear it. How the hell can 1 dolphin masterbate another dolphn? That would be sex! Masterbation is an act by an individule. One dolphine! Not two or three. Just one! Ok, I have made my peace. So peace out yall.
 MarkGStevens
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/30/2013 9:10:01 AM
You don't get the meaning of Christian I take it or maybe you are confussed about other denominations. Ok the shortened version... All denominations are Christian. Catholics, Lutherins, Babtists, Southern Babtists, Methodists, Protestants, and everything in between. They all read from the same bible as well. So if the bible says that it is a sin (which it most certainly does) then it is a sin. I on the other hand don't buy into the rediculis 2000 year old story book. And that was before I even learned about how the story has been rewritten, edited, many many times over the years. It was just to obviouse that it was created to play on ones fear of the unknown and to serve someone elses purpose to control the herd or as it states itself "thesheep" Bah Bah Yall
 Iseedudpeople
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/30/2013 9:32:36 AM

Do the people who are religious masterbate and if so do you feel guilty or anything afterwards?

I did as a matter of fact but that was when I was younger . Before I realized it was silly to feel bad

What's worse masterbation or premartial sex?

Worse as in less enjoyable ?

I would say masturbation since you don't have a nice, warm body to enjoy ( other than your own ) lol
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2013 12:18:15 PM

Just don't substitute the pursuit of the real thing for your right hand.

Yeah you really should alternate hands...otherwise you look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame...:)
 deerdog1
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2013 12:35:32 PM
I don't subscribe to any organized religion..even the one I am a member of ..when much younger I joined a Christian denomination church ..and though not active I remain a member ..though I am friends with many of the members I my actual beliefs don't line up with all of their teachings ..but I just live and let live ..I am however a believer in a higher power ..and very spiritual... and as the guardian of my own salvation .I live as I see fit ..trying to put foremost the concept of never doing harm to my fellow human being ..my actual belief is that many if not most religious rules were man made for the purpose of controlling other people .. in my way of thinking ..sex is good ..sex was meant to be good and a part of life .. If God had not meant for sex to be pleasurable he would not have made it so ..and would not have made the urge to have it so intense .. I have no guilt from pleasuring myself ..as well as no guilt from sharing sex with another willing person
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Morals and Masterbation!!!!