Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Pictures.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mas01
Msg: 1
Pictures.Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm a new user. Unfortunately I dont have a picture up here yet but someday I will. Is it necessary to have one on this or any site? If every woman on this site asks for one then is it necessary to be here? EVERYBODY, on here wants one and some guys just cant get one fast enough like me. I just want everyone to know just because you cant get a pic on here doesnt mean you still cant contact a person. I've been here without a pic for about a month and still I havent recieved any responses. I dont have one here for security reasons, I dont want to get scammed by strangers. This message is for all the Women on here, I think you should stop asking for pictures because you could easily get scammed by another person and all they would need is your picture. I'm an ex-cop from New Jersey and I've seen it all. I'm being safe about my profile here and I think everyone on here should as well. Please understand that this is only for your safety and security and Anyone with the idea that you could meet someone faster with one is not true. If you need a picture, ask for one later in the meeting. Or conversation. And be careful who the person is before you get too involved. You could get seriously hurt if not careful. Just some friendly advise from your friend MAX. Good day.
 ArtSeaGal
Msg: 2
Pictures.
Posted: 12/27/2007 5:09:56 AM
stop being paranoid and post a picture!
Would you meet a woman without one?
you are NOT a cop anymore!
we women are preyed upon a million times more then men are!
yet most of us post pix..
get real post a picture or retire from dating altogether..
just stay at home with the remote in your hand..
 ceceliaskye
Msg: 3
Pictures.
Posted: 12/29/2007 4:06:50 AM
I am generally "suspect" of someone that wont post a picture of themselves.
 spot4username
Msg: 4
Pictures.
Posted: 12/29/2007 5:49:44 AM
Oh please give us all a break...

You are an "ex-cop" who says "You could get seriously hurt if not careful. Just some friendly advise from your friend MAX. Good day."

Your stats list your profession as Church Sexton and that you are looking for an Intimate Encounter and you smoke occasionally and on top of all that you are too chickensh*t to post a picture.... not to mention that your headline is "Ladie wanted for Fun."

That is why you don't get any responses. Like I said give us a break. We all - women and men - read profiles like yours and shake our head.... you are mucking up the pond.
 ceceliaskye
Msg: 5
Pictures.
Posted: 12/29/2007 6:05:11 AM
ROFL at "mucking up the pond"
 picker_grinner
Msg: 6
Pictures.
Posted: 12/29/2007 7:45:31 AM

I dont want to get scammed by strangers.

Sounds like you want a monopoly.
 blondblueyed
Msg: 7
Pictures.
Posted: 12/29/2007 8:58:51 AM
OP, you don't have to have a photo, but it probably ups the chances. There are some that absolutely refuse to even respond or contact anyone without a photo. In my opinion since the only "disappointments" I have experienced were those that posted either "false" ones or "old" ones, I have no issues with meeting men without them. I haven't had any "disappointments" meeting the "photo-less" ones. Others have had opposite experiences. In fact I have reported a couple of profiles on this site, one was using the photo of a golf pro and one was using a hot new young actor's. I once had a photo of mine used on someone else's profile. I do know what you are trying to say here. I am not sure why but there are a great many people that just have to see a photo as if they can't be just as fake as anything else about a person. In my opinion if I haven't seen a photo first but like what they have to say (even that could be false just like a photo) I will find out when I meet them if I find them "attractive" of course in a very public setting. Cover-ups and lies can usually be detected quickly.
 Topgear1
Msg: 8
Pictures.
Posted: 12/29/2007 8:02:35 PM
Posting a picture will eithert hurt your chances or improve them. However, I think you will find many people on such sites very rude and heartless... In my opinion your better off meeting people in the real world.

Read this:
http://www.azcentral.com/ent/dating/articles/0925dating25.html

Nevertheless, don't take it for granted that a profile without a pic means something is wrong. I know several women on this site that don't have any pics at all and each are very attractive ladies. Two of them are bartenders and get hit on enough by slobering drunks. They tell me that they like to be judged upon what they are like as a person and not thier looks. I have to admit seldom do you find both good looks and good sense wraped in the same package. My hats off to you gals ;) your idenities are safe with me...
 nowake
Msg: 9
Pictures.
Posted: 12/30/2007 9:41:00 PM

I'm a new user

I'm guessing you have a better chance getting scammed posting this nonsense than from posting a photo...........LOL.......
 KenFTL
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Pictures.
Posted: 1/1/2008 7:09:45 AM
My first question would be How long have you been single? And secondly do you have any common sense? Dating is a process espically online dating. Be choosey and be safe. 2 rules i have learned to obey ! I have been stood up lied to and played with over time. BUT its all good becasue the end will justify the means. Were all just doing the best we know how to.
 shipoker55
Msg: 11
Pictures.
Posted: 1/1/2008 2:09:51 PM
actuall, a thread like this doesn't deserve the answer I'm taking the time to write. However, I'm retired and this is more fun than a part time job. GET OVER YOURSELF.
..................................... jmo
 867love
Msg: 12
Pictures.
Posted: 1/2/2008 2:05:12 PM
o/p -your sooooo right -posting a pic in your profile is very dangerous. -im going to remove my picture and go back to finding my dates in seedy bars, supermarkets, street corners and k-mart parking lots...
 cantwait53
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Pictures.
Posted: 1/19/2008 6:22:16 AM
You say that you have been on this site a month and have'nt recieved any responses. I have a Idea take your profile down and upload a picture of BOZO the Clown! Probably most woman would class you as#1 scammer suspect ladies! Why do all the New Jersey EX-COPS run to florida. I see it only one way....anyone thats on this site that dont have a MUGG SHOT posted has some thing to HIDE!???
 pitcher105610
Msg: 14
Pictures.
Posted: 2/8/2008 2:15:30 PM
Max.........I'm not sure why a picture makes it more posible to get "scammed". If someone puts a false picture on their profile all thats going to happen is that when you meet that person, they won't be who they say they are and poof...date over! Just like someone who says they are one type of person and they turn out to be something else. I also don't get what being a cop has to do with anything. We all meet people that aren't honest. Doesn't take being a detective to know if someones picture is real after meeting them. As far as not getting any responces, maybe the women on this site are smarter than you think.
Pictures.
Posted: 2/8/2008 5:39:16 PM
Let me see if I've got this right - Max is a 43 year old ex-cop Jewish bald guy that now works in a church and is afraid that HE will be scammed. Hmmmm!

I guess I'm just being too skeptical.
 CoolBrowneyes
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Pictures.
Posted: 2/9/2008 12:15:19 PM
... Ok now guys.. This guy is scared " I think ? maybe ? "
Mercy I have laughed so hard reading this...
Ok , all right , I will admit to one thing... I do not answer to anyone unless there is a picture..Even then , that doesn't mean they are who they say they are , but time has a way of weeding out the fakes.. Sooner or later they show who they really are. Honesty is the best policy , then if the person doesn't like you they can just read your profile and move on... Am I right you guys??
 Nephilim
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Pictures.
Posted: 2/9/2008 7:11:43 PM
I clicked on this thread thinking it was going to be the same old thing, but it seems it isn't. If you really want anonymity you could leave out your photo and a discription, that way no one will recognize you in real life. The problem is that what makes contacting you any better than selecting a name at random from the phone book? Your profile is how people know you, for good or bad. The excuse that you couldn't get one online means that you are either slow, or trying to hide something. Since you can scan a photo at any copy shop and most 1 hour photos will give you your photos on a disk. Hell, for $20 you could probably sit for a portrait at one of those cheap department stores and get it on a disk. I guess you may just not be able to afford, at the high end, $20, in which case, you probably should give up on dating. I used to get tons of offers online when I had a webpage up, seems that the more content I put up the more people contacted me. Also, the more you put out there about yourself, the less likely you are to be rejected in a real world meeting.
 DCinFL
Msg: 18
Pictures.
Posted: 2/10/2008 10:53:47 PM
it scares me that someone so dense was allowed to carry a firearm.
 mountaintreasure1
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Pictures.
Posted: 3/14/2009 5:33:21 AM
witness protection program people need dates too
 Nightwing66
Msg: 20
Pictures.
Posted: 3/14/2009 6:29:39 AM
It's true....as soon as I posted a pic, Gypsies came & stole my good silverware!
Pictures.
Posted: 3/14/2009 7:09:17 AM
^^^^^^If you think that's a problem, they stole Cajun's teeth. Now he doesn't need silverware. Just a box of straws and a bib.
 justnancy
Msg: 22
Pictures.
Posted: 3/14/2009 8:25:28 AM
Poor Cajun!! No wonder he smiles with his lips closed.

Hey, I think those gypsies stole my 2009 Lincoln Navigator, it was fully loaded too.

It was in my driveway last night, Now there is just some van there!
 Bellydanza
Msg: 23
Pictures.
Posted: 3/14/2009 9:47:46 AM
I've been online on various sites for last six years or so...off and on between relationships...

scammed...no...i did have someone (back when i was a bit more clueless) post photos of me on his homemade website...this was someone I had trusted...but all i had to do was contact the host and threaten a lawsuit...gone...but I'm careful now about who i give photos to and what i post..yes anything can be saved and kept on another person's computer...we all should be aware of that by now. Which is why i tell people NOT to post photos of their children.

had a lot of offers of money for sex....and just for sex...but no scam artists...that mostly happens to men and it's more about some woman wooing them with hot photos and dreams of a happy love life, then hitting them up for money. And hopefully no one is dumb enought to give someone personal financial info.

then there was the moroccan and tunisan guys who wanted to marry me sight unseen...so yeah lot of green cards scammers out there...but i'm not that stupid...I dont think people who have done this awhile are...we're all pretty careful

so yeah stop being paranoid about photos. people in general are not going to meet someone unwilling to show a photo...sounds like you are hiding something...people want to have a physical attraction FIRST

are you sure u are a cop...or is your photo on the FBI's most wanted list...or on a sexual predator list somewhere>>>> could go either way
 SpaceyBlonde
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Pictures.
Posted: 3/14/2009 12:10:46 PM
Nancy.......sorry, thought you were to drunk to notice me leave in the Nav......

Have NAV.......Will Travel!!!!!

(Only no where near Nancy)

Thanks for the full tank too!!!
 justnancy
Msg: 25
Pictures.
Posted: 3/14/2009 2:54:12 PM
LOL. Your welcome Suni....must have been the wine....Ahhh I owed you for the tape anyway.
(Did you notice, that thread was deleted? Hmmmm)
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Pictures.