Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > When does chemistry happen??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mommasays
Msg: 1
When does chemistry happen??Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
my friends and i discuss this a lot

some say u must have chemistry immediately otherwise don't date the guy again
others say a person can 'grow' on u and the chemistry comes later

i have had both happen, chemistry asap, chemistry later

the difference has been with the chemistry later guy---when we finally had sex it sucked!!
with the chemistry asap guy, the sex rocked

who do u have the best sex with??
chemistry later guy(girl)?
or chemistry asap guy(girl)?
 hd321
Msg: 2
view profile
History
When does chemistry happen??
Posted: 12/25/2007 4:13:54 PM
I think there are 2 types of chemistry.
Sexual Chemistry-That 'lust" you feel when you see someone and have to have them. You can have this with people you actually hate (a little bit! Ex-sex anyone?). You have to have some level of sexual chemistry to be attracted to someone.
Relationship Chemistry-That's the "feeling" that grows on you. When you really, really, like them and want it to really work out because you really, really, like them. Relationship chemistry does not always equal sexual chemistry. And there is no faking sexual chemistry.
 rpoole69
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2007 6:11:35 PM
I just did a post on one similar to this:
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts8967519.aspx#8967974
 *buzz*
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2007 3:14:45 AM
... when you just gravitate towards the person as if they were a magnet ... for sharing interests ~ passion or unspoken dreams
 packagedealx3
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2007 11:16:22 AM
You can have great sex with both but the OP did not indicate whether the sex never improved or if the horrible sex pretty much ended the relationship.

In many cases, sex is not the greatest thing on the planet the first time but becomes something amazing as the people discover each other, learn their rhythms, what turns them on. Sex, chemistry, all are unique and maybe what you are talking about is lust, which can produce good sex but it is usually not satisfying over time. Sex with someone else with whom one shares deep feelings may not be as physically fabulous but it blows you away because of the emotion attached to it.

In a perfect world, one has both, and it doesn't matter whether the chemistry was immediately recognizable or if it was something that grew over time.
 fancynanci
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2008 12:37:32 PM
For me, IMMEDIATELY. I feel chemistry immediately with a man if it is there
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > When does chemistry happen??