Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > New Years eve is around that corner and......no plans what about you??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fun_Jess
Msg: 1
New Years eve is around that corner and......no plans what about you??Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I have no plans for New Years eve, all my friends have mates and well I'm just beginning to relize how much New Years sucks if you have no plans or are spending it alone? Anyone else combating this as well? Do you go out by yourself??? Why do they have to put so much pressure on this night!!! Then it makes you feel like a loser when you get into this position lol.
 Fun_Jess
Msg: 2
New Years eve is around that corner and......no plans what about you??
Posted: 12/26/2007 1:48:15 PM
wow what a taboo subject........pretty girl sits home alone on new years.......geez confess!!! what should i do and what are you doing?
 Fun_Jess
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/26/2007 3:31:58 PM
that sounds like a great idea but i don't think my friends would be into it, and most of them are taken, and plus I'm 24 I turn 25 in january one month off lol, just gets worse and worse lol, weird to generally im optomistic. Thanks you.
 Greeneyesblonde
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/27/2007 6:55:56 PM
Have been invited to a few things.. but I think I will stay in alone ... not a big New Year's person...

GEB
 bigdaddyfish777
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2007 8:11:05 PM
Just doing the same thing i do every year get a room above a bar in town and have a few soda pops with friends and go out to the bars. if u want something to do u are more then welcome to come along, hate to see someone alone on new years eve.
 Fun_Jess
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/29/2007 8:42:57 AM
awwwww thanks guys for all the nice reply's because you feel sorry for me........lol....no it really is nice tho,

I think I am going out with a bunch of my friends to the liuna station now......I think, but don't worry, I won't be home alone, its just I always have big expectations and then they are always let down,
I hate new years there is too much hype about it! I hope you all have a great one!!!!
 gardeningmar
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/9/2008 1:49:20 PM
Where is this event taking place? Could you please give me some info on it. Would like to see if I want to attend.
 mystrygal
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2008 4:12:47 PM
Someone have a dance for me, think I will be home...maybe take tree and
Christmas stuff down and put away...maybe have a glass or two of wine while
I do it lol.... What is everyone else up to...
 VainH
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2008 7:59:36 PM
The same thing I do everynight, Pinky. Try to take over the world!
 sassysinger
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2008 3:29:18 AM
I've never done anything special for New Year's Eve despite the fact that the past 7 of them I had a spouse. This will be my first New Year's Eve that I have been single since I've been legal and I am planning on getting a sitter and going out by myself.
 pigdog
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/11/2008 3:50:20 PM
Ill be in Ottawa watching the World Jr Hockey then wondering the streets in search of the party
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2008 1:12:36 PM
I will be attending the POF Birchmount/Cactus Pete's NYE party in Scarborough! No date as of yet but ladies if your interested give me a holler if ya want to go with me
 ANGEL~EYES
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2008 10:32:27 AM
DJ Lil Jay.......i would be your date but i'm going to the locally famous Eton House Bash.......and you're over there.......so what do we do now

i hope everyone has a great time no matter where you go or what you do. just be safe and have good hopes for the new year and i'm sure it will be better

happy holidays everyone
 misshoney31
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/13/2008 10:51:09 AM
Flying to Edmonton with 2 friends on the 30th and we will be enjoying an evening of fun, food, and music put on by our favourite band, Honeymoon Suite, as the band's guests (one of my friends knows the lead singer, Johnnie Dee) at the Radisson on the 31st. Back to Toronto on the 2nd. So excited!!!
 Spanky_69
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2008 7:05:16 PM
Going (or rather co-hosting) the Oshawa NYE Bash @ The Groove Lounge.

Remember to stay safe out there everyone. Bring a non-drinking friend to DD for you for the evening, or stay the night in a hotel room. We want to see ya out there at the next parties.

Spanks
xo
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2008 7:10:41 PM
I will be spending the first part of the evening with my sister, my nephews, my bro-in-law, my folks, and my gramma at my sisters place. Gramma is not doing too well and we don't know how many more NYE she has left so we want to get together with her. After the ball drops possibly head out to a bar or club or party. Not sure. Might just keep it low key. I used to go all out for NYE but the last couple of years I have spent it with family and it's been pretty nice.
 kitty16ca
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2008 9:37:28 AM
hi there maybe watching the people skate downtown windsor...i heard niagara falls is also good.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2008 4:05:28 AM
^^^Wow Boxer! Matheson is a far drive from where you live! Make sure ya dress really warm up there too! lol

OT: Me,myself and I will be sittin home. Nice bottle of wine. Warm, relaxed and watching the tube!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > New Years eve is around that corner and......no plans what about you??