Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What age does female sexual urge die down?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tom42149
Msg: 1
What age does female sexual urge die down?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Yes, I know there can be no set age put to this question, as individuals are all different, however I would truely appreciate a ball-park figure from you ladies. Simply put, I am tired of wasting efforts on woman who have simply lost interest, & have sex classified as something they USED to enjoy.
 tom42149
Msg: 2
What age does female sexual urge die down?
Posted: 12/26/2007 10:00:50 PM
Herding CatsAll you answers made sense. NO, this was NOT just to whine! I had hoped to get to get a ball park figure, but doesn't seem any of you women care to give me one. As to your comment about /' When I need the little blue pill, I'm not ashamed to state that I have already been to the local pharmacy a few times in the past. And expect to remain a steady customer, for as long as the pills do there job!
 Deceased~
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/26/2007 10:56:28 PM
It is simple. None of them have made it to the point where that is the case so how would any of them know? It very well could be exactly at age 98.5 and none here are that old yet.

Seriously. I knew a woman who told me she asked her 75 year old grandmother if she still did it with her husband and she told me that grandma said "yes."
 nexthyme
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2007 1:27:30 AM
Sunshine, men and women have a thing in common with the snow flakes... Know what that is????

Each and everyone is completely different.

And the fact of the matter is, we women are not all that interesting to the medical profession, so as to do a scientific survey as to when we find sex as interesting as watching paint dry.

Sorry, you are on your own with this one, just like those of us gals who like sex, and want to know when Mr happy hotdog no longer gets excited to see us...
 superlaf
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2007 9:05:29 AM
I'd have to say that it depends on what all is going on her life. Hard to feel very sexual w/ 3 little screaming young'uns, or a 60 hour work week. When all things are good, and when presented w/ a clean, sexy man... well, she just may be insatiable for "ever".

Of course, sexual attraction always starts between the ears... so finding areas of commonality and discussion works a lot better that saying, "hey Baby, I'm home - spread'em!". LOL
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/27/2007 9:18:18 AM
Some women could care less their whole lives, some have a high sex drive their whole lives, some have strong ones that fade, others have low libidos and they get higher over time, there's all kinds.

Personally, I won't bother with someone that has no interest either (unless they don't mind me getting it elsewhere), but I doubt they'd want to date me if they don't like sex, I'd just be way too annoying for them...and I don't see that ever changing.

Find someone who matches you and go with it.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2007 9:41:51 AM
Wow, surpirised at how many responses it took before someone interjected the substance of menopause. Women are indeed individuals but there is biology to consider. Although I'm confused how such a rational mind could have the big left turn as their number one interest? LOL.

With all due respect OP the fact you chose to post this here instead of RESEARCHING this for yourself is self serving to say the least. Great, you're still popping, all the ladies here know it now. Happy New Year.
 c_deacon
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2007 9:58:55 AM
I think we have two groups here......those that do and those that do not......

I for one, will continue to enjoy the many that do, and age has not been a huge indicator of sex drive, but much more of condition, stability, desire, and the freedom to do so.

For the most part, if there is a woman that has lost her sex drive, there is a reason for it.....be it physical, mental, or just that fat out of shape hubby that still thinks he is 20 and a stud.........

Most of the women that I have met and enjoyed in their 30's, 40's and 50's are more than capable of performing and showing their partner how good they are, willing and wanting to share......if the one they are with IS worth sharing with......

Just my opinion......
 tom42149
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/27/2007 11:12:46 PM
Well, thank you, ladies, for the ones that actually tried to give an answer, rather than cut me down for not researching this on my own. The fact is, I have been researching it for numerous years, already. I don't know if any of you checked my profile for my age, (58) but I was not asking about 30, 40, or even 50 yr olds. There was no question about it then! Sadly, these 'KIDS" seem to think I'm too old for them, now.

This could be, but I'm not quite ready to retire "Mr. Happy," just yet, thank you. However, I am getting real tired of investing the time/effort/ money into romancing women who simply have no interest, even if I was "Joe Hot." Therefore was looking for a general cut-off age, to stop hitting on, at.

The one answer I got, that I considered as the most intelligent out of the whole bunch was, "if the women here were old enuf to know when the urge quits, why would they be here"? Point taken, so I suppose I'm back to my own research.

Just want you all to know, after years of research and arriving at a scientific conclusion on this question, I'm not gonna tell any of you, either! And yes, you men will want to know, after you get my age!

Now, where's the Geriatric section, in this place? Tom42149
 nexthyme
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2007 1:20:49 PM
Tom, yes I am a young pup, and no I would not date a 58 yr. My dad is 59, and you and he would have more in common than you and me... Just as I would not date someone close to my daughters ages...

Unless you have dated and asked every woman on earth you will only have an assumed theory, and nothing more.

Women in YOUR age bracket I know for sure are used to the guy wining and dinning them. Just as the men are used to when they get married they put their feet up, and their wives do everything under the sun for them, and run the house hold... Just that generation.

I will say though, that if a woman thinks you are looking for nothing more than a tumble in the hay, instead of really getting to know them, they are gonna be less than interested in playing with mr happy hotdog. Tom it is all a matter of respect, and knowing that being a hornydog is not gonna get you any where with your generation. These gals were ALSO taught not to have sex before marriage too. Think back over time... That doesn't mean they didn't uncross their legs from time to time, it does however mean they DID think about it.

I will say this Before my Grand Dad died at 89, he was chased like crazy in the nursing home... Poor Guy, it drove him absolutely nuts, cause my grand mum, was in the other section of the home...Section where the folks had no idea who they were, or anyone else that came to visit.

He was faithful and honorable.

So perhaps it is time to check out the nursing homes where some of these gals haven't gotten it for a good 20 or so years.... Just a thought...
 nexthyme
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2007 5:49:57 PM
Rederer1, not to be blatantly rude, but you would know as in HOW?
 tom42149
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/28/2007 8:19:15 PM
To Nextthyme;

Thank you for actually giving me some intelligent answers. And, I must say, you seem a very wise woman for your age. But, didn't your Mother warn you of the dangers of talking to dirty old men?

Yes, I know very well, women my age expect to be wined & dined. Which
I do not object to, just that it's getting old doing this numerous times only to hear, "I gave up sex years ago" when it finally comes time to make the move.

As for your nursing home suggestion; Been there, done that. 15 yrs ago, I was put in a nursing home to heal from a very serious Harley Davidson crash. Stayed 6 months healing, then promptly impregnated my CNA immediately upon discharge. Yes, I married her! After the child was born & a divorce, I even fought for and won custody of my infant daughter. 14 years of being Mr. Mom and I still do not regret it.

Nope, think I will pass on the idea of checking into a nursng home. I've done gotten too old to ever charm the young workers, this time, and most of them old resident gals still get around too good for me to catch 'em.
 nexthyme
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2007 10:16:55 PM
Thanks Tom, and yes my Mum did tell me about not talking to dirty old men, and all that.

LOL, knocked up the CNA, I don't know, sounds like you have sewn a lot of wild oats... LOL...

And by the way, you don't have to CHASE the old gals, they will do the chasing of you... Any young buck, or at least younger than 80 is fair game and fresh meat... LOL

As you can see, there is just no magic age, and hey if all else fails, figure out the cost between getting to know someone who won't put out, to just hiring a pro... After all it does seem like ya just wanna get laid, and if you are gonna have to spend money, and it not pay off, pro sounds like a better guarentee...

Just a thought
 mistressdolly
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/28/2007 10:39:59 PM
The muscles don't have the energy to spasm any longer.
 tom42149
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/28/2007 11:14:52 PM
Nexthyme sez;

I don't know, sounds like you have sewn a lot of wild oats... LOL...

Uh oh, she's figured me out! Doncha just hate it when women do that, right off the bat? OK, since you already won the prize, anyway, before crashing my Harley, I spent 20+ years as an outlaw biker, and, even tho I slipped my name on the ballot ever year, I never did win the chasity award.

Why am I not afraid to mention that on here, and possibly harm my chances of getting a date, here? I have lots of faults, but putting out a false image of myself AIN'T one of em! I'm an old, life-time biker, and I've always been kinda partial to a sweet smellin' woman. If that makes me a "bad boy" to you, oh well, I been called that, and worse, before! Any woman who couldn't tolerate that, would be a waste of both our time, anyway. My dear ole Mamma spent 40 years trying to straighten me up, & failed miserably, so if thats your plan. Good Luck! I am what I am!

Now, for your prize, c'mon in heah, & I'll buy you a cold sody pop, lil girl. Whats that? Oh, don't worry about your ride home, sweetie, I'll take you home, later on.

P.S. I have already considered using the pro's technique, but I like a little challenge, too. (Just not too much! There is no doubt in my mind, a pro would be cheaper, in the long run, but where's the conquest, in that? Tom42149
 nexthyme
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2007 12:11:14 PM
LMFAO.....

I have no problem with the outlaw biker life style you lead. As I said you have sewn a few wild oats... As for me, I am NO REFORM school for the socially challenged, and or anything I deem as an alternative life style... My motto to each their own...

I am only trying to give you some alternatives for your frustration... LOL, I have no doubt that at 58 I will have my own frustrations, and wondering just were exactly is the cut off line of horny men...

And between you and I.... I actually wondered that with men already... Had a 9 yr marriage that was a pure disappointment in that realm, and I wanted to pull my hair out in frustration... Finally decided a divorce was cheaper than rogaine, and the frustration... Not an affair kind of having gal, so that was out, and the frustration was ohhh never mind...

As for being a badboy biker, aren't you allowed to them their get togethers still???? I have heard the stories and seen the pics to prove how ummm uninhibated they can be... I know it is a summer kind of affair but just one more thought for ya..
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2007 12:32:46 PM
I don't know

It hasn't yet in my case. I did have a short period with an infant where I was just too tired to care.

I find my libido is directly proportionate to how good my relationship is. If the mental and emotional needs aren't taken care of my body shuts down. I just don't want to have sex with someone if there are issues in the way.

JMHO
 tom42149
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/29/2007 1:05:03 PM
More good advice from Nexthyme. However you are forgetting one factor, I mentioned earlier. I am now 'Mr. Mom' to my teen-age daughter, so the 4-5 day biker parties are only a pleasent memory, for me. These days, I go to Church, parent/ teacher meets, and on particulary wild occasions, maybe even a school band recital! Ain't parenthood wonderful?

Seriously, it's the best thing that ever happened to me! Tom42149
 tom42149
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/29/2007 3:05:27 PM

I can say with age(with me anyway)there comes an increase in the sense of urgency and frequency for that lovely release. The 40's have been absolutely delicious!

Finally, a woman who actually gives an answer. And, I certainly hope she is the average. Increasing rather than dieing down. What a lovely thought! Tom42149
 tom42149
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/30/2007 8:06:25 PM
Thank you, Missmew, I shall continue chasing the older gals 'round. (Actually, I don'tsee any other options, anyway, it ain't like I would ever have any chance of catching one of them young honey's.)
 tom42149
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/1/2008 3:37:21 AM
Sadly, I recieved a bit of real life experience on the question of what age do womens sex drive die out, tonite. I was told to experiment & find this out myself, so I wasted yet another evening and 100 bucks. Took a 60 yr old ou to a good dinner, and movie New Years Eve, & at 10pm, when the movie was over, she wanted to go home, because "she was sleepy" Which in my old horndog mind meant that she was ready to take me to bed with her, before she got too tired. Took her home and asked if I could go in & tuck her in.

Here comes the deal breaker!

"No thank you, I just want to go to sleep. I gave up sex 3 years ago, anyway." Well, this one will NOT be my New Years date next year, I bet! Hmmm.. wonder if I can deduct the hundred as a wasted effort? Sh.t like this is exactly why I asked this question, in the first place. Don't have an exact age nailed down yet, however I have seen enuf to know to drop down into the 50's again, now. Also, have learned to go to cheaper resturants, while conducting this research, too! Disgusted, Tom42149
 mizbex
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/1/2008 6:07:43 AM

so I wasted yet another evening and 100 bucks.

OP, if you are looking for a sure thing, there are many 1-900 numbers you could call.

Honestly, you are looking for sex aren't you? Do you not think women sense that, do you think that excites them and makes them desire you? The answer is no. Perhaps if change your "hound dogging" attitude your luck might change.
 mizbex
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/1/2008 7:18:55 AM

Is IMO very "unfair" and quite uncalled for!
What if a woman had made the same claim? Wasting time and dates and going Dutch money on a guy who could not perform "the deed" after all!!! Would she be told to dial 1-900? Would she?

No, she would go and buy more batteries.
 joetodd
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2008 9:58:26 AM
As a man, if you'd read, study & educate yourself on a woman's biological features and how they operate, you'd be sure to keep any woman's sex drive up. If you can give a woman the same feelings you get in sex regularily, you'll have no problem keeping in need. You can't take a pill for this like most men think. Few men take these extra steps in life but those who do usually have a happy woman. I'd reccommend; "She Comes First" by Ian Kerner PhD.. Read it till you know it thoroughly.
 mizbex
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/1/2008 10:19:31 AM

As a man, if you'd read, study & educate yourself on a woman's biological features and how they operate, you'd be sure to keep any woman's sex drive up. If you can give a woman the same feelings you get in sex regularily, you'll have no problem keeping in need. You can't take a pill for this like most men think. Few men take these extra steps in life but those who do usually have a happy woman. I'd reccommend; "She Comes First" by Ian Kerner PhD.. Read it till you know it thoroughly.

They sure do grow them smart and CUTE in Texas, don't they Not to mention it looks like we have former firefighter here as well. Steps away to wipe drool from chin

OK, back to the topic. Nick, what am I going to do with you? Here is the the thing, the OP is nothing more than a self proclaimed good ole boy who wants to have sex, right?

He complains about dropping cash on dinner and getting the cold shoulder at the door and sent home unsatisfied, right? I merely suggested that if OP's goal for the evening was to have sex that he should cut out the middle man, or in this case middle woman and take a more direct route to obtaining his goal.

Nick, I know you won't be able to identify with this but the ladies here will, there is nothing worse than a man taking you out for a nice evening where you as a woman are thinking "what a nice guy, he likes me, he is trying to get to know me" only to find out later he bought you that piece of meat, so he could treat you like a piece of meat later. How do you think that feels?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What age does female sexual urge die down?