Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > First contact... no response. Should I give it another shot?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lario
Msg: 2
view profile
History
First contact... no response. Should I give it another shot?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I went thru a similar experience and I wrote again. I did get a reply but it wasn't pleasant at all so it didn't turn out so well for me, but.. Take the chance and write again. What have ya got to loose.
 HeartoGold50f
Msg: 3
First contact... no response. Should I give it another shot?
Posted: 12/28/2007 9:59:09 AM
Yes! DO..give it another shot. I have written a few people back as I had the same experience. They had either gotten alot of email, or were busy, and oftentimes men forget :)

Maybe just mention you sent him a note earlier and got no response, and ask if he'd like to chat? OR?? Mention his profile /pic was so friendly, and you were sure he must have just missed your friendly note and add "let me hear from U" w/ a Smile ~ :)
 naeco
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/28/2007 11:01:00 AM
I say don't write again. You made initial contact. If he's interested, he will write back. You know he got the message, and you know he read it. You've done your part. Maybe he's only online on weekends or just once a week, or maybe he's just not interested. But if he's not interested and you do write back, be sure you are prepared in case he lets you know in no uncertain terms that he's not interested, because you may be hurt by the way that he tells you.
Posted: 12/28/2007 5:08:26 PM
That is typical of this site. I would not bother to send another message. If he was interested, he would have responded, no matter how busy he is. If he gets too many emails then do you really want to bother? He can see you looked at his profile and he has your email. That should be more than enough if he were truly interested.
 cowtrucker
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2007 5:28:40 PM
OP, I'm at a toss up on that. There have been times where I have gotten an email from someone, maybe one line, maybe more, and have waited a couple days to respond. Sometimes, it was due to being busy with work, and not able to get the time to respond properly; others it was because I wasn't quite sure what to say.

I have never sent someone a 2nd message, but I have had people do that for me. Unless they are down right rude in their messages, I do reply. The ones that are rude, make sexual comments, or ones that I know I am not compatible with, I email right away.

You can always wait a few more days, then do the innocent "Just thinking about you, wishing you a Happy New Year!" and go with the innocent approach. If he responds, he may just return the good wishings, or he may not, but at least you tried.

Good Luck!

CowTrucker
Chapman, Kansas
 tralaza
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/7/2008 12:33:45 AM
No, absolutely don't send another message.

If he was interested he would've responded. If a man is interested he'll let you know it.
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2008 8:44:11 PM
I never delete my emails. The system does it automatically after a while anyway, once there are too many emails in the inbox, so there's no real point in spending time cleaning it out all the time for me. Sometimes I might rethink responding to a message, but honestly, if I was really interested, I respond pretty quickly. If I got a second email from someone bugging me to reply, I'd more likely get ticked off than anything else.
 ________
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/5/2008 6:07:44 AM
See -- that's "gender difference" for you -- if a male contracted a female and got no response 99.99999% of them would think that was perfectly normal and just move on. They wouldn't start a forum topic on it. My view is never even try to make the square pegs fit into the round holes -- find the right shape.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2008 6:19:33 AM
There is no lose in this situation because if you send another e-mail and that turns him off he is not the type of person you want to be with in the first place. If he doesn't respond, guess what, tomorrow will be the same as today unless you decide to go all melodramatic and get your panties in a twist about someone you don't know who is probably an asshole on some level.

He may just be waiting to see whether you are really interested by sending him another e-mail or he could care less, will read and not delete this one, and go about his business. Sometimes we act like just because we really liked this one, there is not another guy on the planet. Hellooo, even at my age and with three kids, there is always another guy on the planet.

What happens does not matter so grow a set, send the note, and have a good life whether the dude responds or not. Since the OP is still here, I'm guessing she didn't send the follow-up or he didn't write back.
 jf468
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/5/2008 8:31:33 AM
If person x contacts person y and person y doesn't reply within a week, then most likely person y isn't interested. Therefore I wouldn't send another email.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > First contact... no response. Should I give it another shot?