Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you marry an illegal alien?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Got Trance
Msg: 1
Would you marry an illegal alien?Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Knowing that they could be deported at any moment would you marry that person?
Remember, just because you get married does not make that person a legal resident and does not change their status.
He/she will still be an illegal alien.
 SILady10306
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Would you marry an illegal alien?
Posted: 1/1/2008 7:42:05 PM
Well, hopefully it's about love and not papers. Some of those guys pay up to $20,000 and more to marry just for papers. Just don't get used for free. Not saying you should ask him for money but make sure you're not being taken for a ride in your own country.

Yes, their status is most likely to change once you get married...you have to go through this whole interview process to make sure you are in it for the right reasons. (love)
 Change Of Pace
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2008 9:44:44 PM

Here in Canada it is actually a good business. East Asians pay up to $20,000 CDN (that is like $21000 US!) and in Canada they get in right away

And Yet , Just AnOther Reason i Wish i was Born In CANADA

*curses being born in land of freedumb*

You can always move-nothing stopping you cause it looks like for a price you can get citizenship and then you could sever all ties.

To the OP...not on your life would I.
 sarasotagal76
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/2/2008 6:55:18 AM
I am not sure about Canadian laws but in the U.S. if I go and get merry an illegal alien they will almost immediately be granted a legal status (in almost every case). Even if they have been here for a while in illegal status marrige with the U.S. citizen will so to speak "exuse" their previous illegal status.
 girl_named_mel
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/2/2008 9:43:36 AM

Only if she were a Vulcan. Once you marry them the status may not change technically but they are more likely not to get thrown out....

Bwahahahaha! Thanks for making me spray coffee on my monitor here at work.

Coming to these forums can be dangerous!
 cncgandolf
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2008 9:45:00 AM

in the U.S. if I go and get merry an illegal alien they will almost immediately be granted a legal status (in almost every case).

This is one of the 9/11 impacted issues. Prior to that in many states this was true. Since that time our federal and county prisons are packed full of people about to be deported as illegal aliens ... including those married to Americans or some born here of parents who were both illegal aliens.

I have a friend who knew he wanted a woman from a Chinese culture and had a friend who had intentionally gone and found a Chinese wife introduce him to others. He did find and fall in love. Even with their legal marraige it took a couple of years to get her into this country and another couple of years to earn her legal status. Cost him much more that $20,000. All I can say is that his mood and health have improved, so I am happy for him.
 sarasotagal76
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/2/2008 10:26:09 AM
Some how I was under the impression that if you marry illegal alien he/she is all set. But I guess I was wrong.
 Ignoble
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2008 10:29:42 AM
Sure I would. Shed have to have long black hair though, or the deal's off.
 OutMind
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/2/2008 12:43:36 PM
Why not? As long as you're doing it because you want to get married, not just bring the person in. And if you are a citizen after that they have the right to become a resident, which is, guess what? Legal.
 OutMind
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/2/2008 12:47:18 PM

Ummmm, if she was a smoking hottie :D

Go to Venezuela, hang out at the local beach for a week. Practice your bad Spanish with the local girls. By the end of the week you will have 3 drop dead gorgeous girls wanting to marry you.
 1brnsuga
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2008 2:56:04 PM
OK ... that's it...I am moving to CANADA!
 Caper143
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/2/2008 3:05:05 PM
well...I did this...and he was deported a few months later. Through alot of hard work with immigration and alot of money..he was able to come back and we remained married for 12 years. His status had nothing to do with our divorce but simple fact is...I loved him and when you love someone then you do whatever you can for them...so I did.
 thrums
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2008 3:33:14 PM

including those married to Americans or some born here of parents who were both illegal aliens.

A child born in the US is automatically and legally given citizenship regardless of their parents status, that is why many women sneak across the border in late pregnancy. Once the child is born he/she is an American and immigration almost never deport the mother so she gets 'legal' status to care for the child.

Marrying an illegal alien and marrying someone from another country to get them into the US is two different things. An illegal alien is already in the country whereas a wife/husband from another country can be brought legally into the US although as the post says it can take some time.

A wife/husband from another country usually arrives on a visa(Immigration refer to this as a non-Resident Alien even though you reside here), they can then apply for a Green Card(Resident Alien - sometimes referred to as Permanent Resident). If/when that is approved that person is allowed to work unrestricted like most US citizens, there are certain restrictions to what you can do in the military/defense industry.
A number of years after receiving the Green Card the spouse can apply for citizenship, the time is usually longer and more rigorous than someone applying in their own right. A change in marital status before citizenship, divorce/separated, could result in citizenship being refused and possible deportation.

To answer the original question, NO!!! As someone who came here on a visa and worked their way to citizenship I will not help someone to circumnavigate a system that I had to work through. The system is there for a reason, yes it is flawed and the reason is sometimes not seen but the idea is to allow in people who will contribute to the greater good of the country in some manner.
 short_momma
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/2/2008 5:20:29 PM
No, they did not get here the legal way, that means they do not belong here. If he was here as an immigrant or even going through the system then I would definitely marry him. :)

***and yes i know this will most be an unpopular opinion, but i do stand behind my belief in it
 cowtrucker
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2008 5:54:32 PM
I guess it wouldn't matter where a person was from, if the marriage was for the right reasons... I've never been one to marry for money, or green cards, but if it was someone who I felt would be my match for the rest of my life, then yes, I'd marry whomever I saw fit...

My profile doesn't say where a person has to be from, only that they would be okay with living in Kansas...

CowTrucker
Chapman, Kansas
 folklinks
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/2/2008 6:49:15 PM
Are you aware that you assume f inancial responsibilities when you marry someone. If they get sick or mess up their credit, you may be liable? What are you going to do if they have concealed information about themselves, or are unable or unwilling to work? If this is a woman and she gets pregnant, you may be liable even if it is not your biological child. You can be prosecuted for fraudulent statements to INS. Many illegal aliens have a sense of responsibility to large extended families which they may expect you to assume. It can be difficult and expensive to divorce, also. If you consider yourself doing someone a favor, prospective soulmates may feel that you are not really free and you could limit your potential mates drastically. This is not a quick and easy rescue operation. Is all this worth $20,000?
 867love
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/2/2008 7:11:55 PM
depends on what she looks like naked
 Miss W
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/2/2008 8:31:44 PM
I absolutely would not. I do not believe in illegal immigration and do not intend to enable it...also, I will not marry a stranger who wants citizenship or permanent residency. Meeting someone elsewhere and not being able to stand being away from each other is another story.

Two years ago, someone who had the right to live here but not work here, proposed to me after knowing him for a couple of months. After laughing my ass off, he tried to bribe me with paying off my car...it had just been paid for. Despite thinking that I had good style, he told me that he had to pick out my clothes as I needed to look "perfect" when we went out to be with his friends. Additionally, he wanted me to give away (sight unseen) the wonderful bird who is shown on top of my head in my profile pic. He also promised me the moon and the stars... One can see which one I kept.

You can take shyt, wrap it up prettily, but it is still shyt.

Btw: I know a very wealthy man who did so, and regrets it. It is amazing what one will do for good sex.
 Sauder
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/2/2008 9:16:41 PM
darn it! You mean I could be free and clear of my student loans right now??? Crudd why did I not think of this sooner! Where do I sign up? I'm sure there are some compatible women from Europe. Imagin that, get the love of your life and 20k. All you have to do is keep her too... wow.. I think I will just re-enlist with the army for 1/2 that money. It's less dangerous.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2008 10:07:10 AM
Only if it was Ziggy Stardust.
 OutMind
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/3/2008 1:13:21 PM

as long as they're a good little alien and don't break any laws

And don't wear any make up to cover up the green skin.
 Naughtical
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/3/2008 1:25:21 PM
Is Mork available? Na-Nu Na-Nu
 leinad
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2008 9:16:13 PM
You are right about being a good business in Canada. I was offered $15,000 by three different women. However, she is now your wife and can ave half your house, and spousal support. That $15,000 is a short term investment for $100,000 return in the divorce.
No I did not marry the alien, one woman taking half of everything plus support causes me to think of what could happen
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2008 8:32:24 AM

Green is good...as long as they're not blue, I'd marry them...I HATE blue!

Hold up...what do you have against blue? Blue happens to be the color of my soulmate, the Great Gonzo from the Muppet Show. He's a blue alien (as established by "Muppets from Space") and I wouldn't have my baby any other way.

Don't be hating on the blue boys!!
 raykale2000
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/10/2010 8:36:29 AM
yes, if there paying good, and if she's hot I would stay married to her.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you marry an illegal alien?