Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into s      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Luv Karla
Msg: 2
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!Page 1 of 45    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I don't see how anyone gets tricked into having a sexual encounter.

No one is forcing you to do something you don't want to do.

If sex with virtual strangers poses a temptation for you,then stay at home.
 97FLSTC
Msg: 4
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!
Posted: 1/4/2008 7:07:14 AM
That would open a whole new can of worms, wouldn't it?
I agree to a certain extent though.
A law to that effect would also have to cover, unscrupulous sales people and politcians,
since they are out to s***w us too.
PS - as far as I'm concerned conning is just a breath away from coercing.
 venusfreak
Msg: 5
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!
Posted: 1/4/2008 7:10:02 AM
Hate to say it, but you've just made yourself look extremely foolish. Are you kidding me?!!?? As far as I know, we are all able to say the simple words yes and no, we are all able to leave, get in our cars drive away, call a cab, walk to the bus station. This is where I really do have to take the other side because oops my clothes fell off and my legs accidentally spread has got to the most pathetic and stupid thing I've ever heard! I'm sure we've all made mistakes and have regrets but trying to blame it on someone else is absolutely retarded. I'm not sure if your friends are vulnerable, stupid or both. Rape is rape, and bad judgment is just that
 packagedealx3
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2008 7:11:28 AM
There are two problems with that, you are getting into essentially the legislation of people's personal lives which no one wants and also, who decides intent, whether an individual was intentionally leading someone on or if he merely thought he was ready for a relationship and then discovered he wasn't? Many people are bitter and react just as badly in the case of the latter as they do those that intentionally fool them when they have no intention of getting into a relationship but want someone to have sex with and talk to.

This is a risk we all take, or we choose to remain alone. You need to learn to look out for signs that someone is not who he claims to be without becoming totally jaded and distrustful.
 poppabear
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/4/2008 7:20:57 AM
How in the world do you get "tricked" into that?? Imagine if word gets out!! I think it might be more useful to have laws against stupidity. (But then who'd be left to run the jails?) Getting "tricked" into sex is no different than getting "tricked" into going to see a new movie. If you feel you were misled by the promos, you get up and go home before it's over. If you're dumb enough to sit thru the whole thing, who else is there to blame?
 venusfreak
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/4/2008 7:31:24 AM
I think you are missing the point.... do you think that because you dated for a few weeks or months that you should be tied to the person for life? good grief woman... if you have a problem with trickery, then save it till your married. Just because they leave you after getting what they want means just that, they got it and want a new challenge, or they have changed their mind and don't think you are right for them to date... geez .. is this the first time you've ever heard that men are dogs ? Women can do the same thing ... ! Again you are looking completely foolish. We are all adults .. and if we arent we shouldn't be haveing sex at all.
 HeartoGold50f
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/4/2008 7:36:44 AM
I agree with this man totally~!
 HeartoGold50f
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/4/2008 7:39:16 AM
NOT THE MAN above me but AGREE with 97FLS!!!
 musubi02
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/4/2008 7:41:30 AM
tricking someone into sex, that would be a interesting trick. More like you got convinced to say yes, and yes through lies and deceit. But you are the one who ultimately said yes. Granted that kind of behaviour is pretty low, but also remember women use the same tactics to get what they want from men as well. As for considering this rape. A con artist or player that says all the right things to get you into bed...it is still consentual, the only difference he hasn't been truthful in his motives.
 Discofied
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/4/2008 7:42:40 AM
Here's a novel idea: People should take responsibility for their own choices and actions.
Maybe you need to find smarter friends. Just a thought.
 secret_scott
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/4/2008 7:42:52 AM
welshfuchsia....no disrespect but, try cutting back on the hair bleach...it's affecting your brain I believe...
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/4/2008 7:43:18 AM

what if a guy strings a woman along for months on the belief he loves her and she falls in love with him also and feels ok and ready to have a sexual encounter with him

Oh puhlease!

Let's crowd courts with more frivolous lawsuits. Let's allow unstable women (and men, mustn't be sexist) to file lawsuits against men/women to get revenge.

If a woman, or man, allows her/himself to be strung along for months, that says as much about the stringee as the stringer. And what woman holds out "months" before having sex? If she can wait that long, she should insist on marriage.

That's it! NO SEX UNTIL THE RING IS ON THE FINGER. Then, she can get emotionally reimbursed when she sticks it to him in the divorce.

Ya know, people used to be able to sue over broken engagements and "alienation of affection." Let's bring that back!
 HeartoGold50f
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/4/2008 7:43:21 AM
IN MY OPINION and OTHER QUALITY females opinions....VENUS is a FREAK...and not the type of MAN who cares about women...he just says MEN ARE DOGS and get used to it! Shall women or children or a few men get used to ABUSE too, just because it happens??

You're somethin' else and love having that tough boy image...but you won't meet quality women who are into males who are emotionally, verbally abusive...makes me wonder about your childhood and where your father was?!
 Stove Top
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/4/2008 7:44:25 AM

conning them with the promise of long lasting love and maybe more!!

Anybody who "promises" long lasting love should never be believed. You cannot see the future, so why would you believe someone who "promises" anything that he/she cannot control.
Things change, people change, one day at a time is all anyone can promise.

I understand the premise of your opening post ~ that being misled is a b!tch but one has to learn by themselves who is sincere and who isn't. If we all learned to listen and take heed the minute our intuition tells us that words and actions are not adding up, then that is when woman/man will stop feeling that they have been taken advantage of.

I bet if you asked your friends who have felt they were deceived that after it was all over ~ all the signs were there that things quite were'nt adding up but they chose to ignore them because they wanted that particular relationship so much.

Granted, there are many in the pond that the garnering of a sex partner is their only goal.... That is when your radar needs to be fine tuned if that is not one's goal also.

One must remember as well, that not all relationships that end after first having sex are because one or the other party was just out to get laid. They end because the two were not compatible in that way. I think many posters who claim this, are just trying to heal broken egos by blaming.
 edward1224
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/4/2008 7:54:48 AM
I think this is (Beep!)ing stupid! There are laws that protect against rape, but what you're talking about isn't rape. So, basically what you're saying is that if a guy (or woman since they do it too) lies and says that he's single when he's actually married or is rich when he's actually poor, etc. and the woman falls for it then he should be tried for rape. Ironically, you're also talking about mutual consent as well. No matter what a guy or woman says or claims, it's still up to the other person if they want to engage in sexual activity with that person. Maybe women or men should put more time and energy into deciding rather to have sex with someone first.

Ed
 FescheLola
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2008 7:58:35 AM
Oh please.

Usually when its all over and you THINK clearly, you can see how and why you were played.

Consent is consent.Psst....you don't HAVE to have sex with anyone. If you took part in it you wanted it... Learn from it.
 venusfreak
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/4/2008 7:59:20 AM
first of all .. i am a woman... get some glasses lady... and what i am saying is if you want a law against stupidity... you are seriously f#$#ed... we all have a brain and can decide who we want to see.. what kind of relationship it will be etc. I think we are all aware that their are users and abusers out there but we need to be smart enough to not let ourselves get into this situation. for a woman to say charge this man because I'm an idiot for dating him absolutely ridiculous
 BKLYNBOY1
Msg: 27
Posted: 1/4/2008 8:02:07 AM
TRICKING ME INTO SEX??? WHERE DO I SIGN UP ???
 man hattan
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/4/2008 8:03:02 AM
Puhlease!!!!! Children, male or female, need to be protected from sexual exploitation from adults and the law does so. However, every adult is responsible for making their own decisions regarding who they have sex with. If you're not sure you know someone well enough... well nobody is forcing you to have sex with them. But getting the law involved in this area is absurd. Nobody is responsible for anyone else's happiness or state of mind. People get hurt in the dating world and in the work world and in every other area of life. That's life. Get used to it!
 Stove Top
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/4/2008 8:04:17 AM
Further to my post Msg 22

No tigerwoods i think both men and women who are tricked should be protected not just women! thats defamation of my character...to assume im sexist! but all you know it all,s.... seem to be mind readers and fortune tellers when it comes to the dating game eh!

You've started this thread to get opinions... Please try not to take offense to anyone who isn't of the same mindset as you.
 FescheLola
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2008 8:06:32 AM
Wait! Wait!

According to OP's "logic" if one is "played" its ENTIRELY the other persons fault, there is no mutual responsibility....

So that means for example, A man dates a woman, she gets pregnant after telling him shes on BC, he has the right to refuse to support the child, make her have an abortion or put it up for adoption...After all he was tricked!!

Or

Say a needy, "nice" guy hooks up with a woman...She seems perfect, then she needs money,car,trips,homes..and he provides...After all she seems great. A few months later she dumps him.
Now remeber the guy had rose colored glasses on, he was rather needy, she seemed a perfect match....But she lied! It is not his fault at all!

But of course none of these examples are the other persons fault!! They are 100% "victims".

For christs sakes, is personal responsibility a thing of the past?
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/4/2008 8:07:17 AM
Other than rape, for which there are already laws on the books, women are in control of when and for whom they spread their legs.

If they dont take the time to really get to know someone before sleeping with him then its their responsibility to accept the consequences of their actions.

Yet, further validation of the point that once you pass 18, there are no victims in matters of the heart, only volunteers.

From the guys perspective, maybe he was exactly who he said he was and she was just so horrible in the sack that he was completely turned off and never wanted to speak to her again.
 Nightwing66
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/4/2008 8:08:50 AM
That's a sad story....but there are plenty of them where a man is the 'victim'.

OK...for the sake of argument:

How are you going to determine (for prosecution's sake) that the offender didn't really mean it at the time they said it & only changed their feelings later?

Perhaps he/she DID care for the 'victim' during the initial phase & was only 'put off' later on. Then it's just a matter of hurt feelings because somebody didn't follow thru on what they said they would do/feel.

Are you then advocating that EVERYBODY be held legally accountable for every statement of intent that passes their lips. Or is it just on matters leading to sex?

If so, your friends need to stop placing so much of thier self-worth on the area south of the belt line. Being lied to about sex is not intrinsically more heinous than being lied to about anything else. Some people merely place more importance on it because they feel more vulerable in that area.

You are basically advocating a legal solution to hurting someone's feelings.

Under that type of law a guy could sue you for turning him down for a date....especially if you made up a lie to do it.

Sounds kind of silly doesn't it?
 kathy411
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/4/2008 8:11:55 AM
The best thing for adults to keep in mind is that when they have sex it's because they enjoy it as much as their partner - that way if anything goes awry they can take away some great memories, regardless of their partner's motives. Besides, since when is sleeping with someone a guarantee of anything? It isn't.

Sure, it's not right to mislead anyone at anytime, but people (adults) should realize that life is not always fair and people like this exist in all walks of life. Just be aware and accountable for your own decisions.

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find .. you get what you need"

~ Rolling Stones

No law can replace common sense ...

Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/4/2008 8:12:08 AM

IN MY OPINION and OTHER QUALITY females opinions....VENUS is a FREAK...and not the type of MAN who cares about women...he just says MEN ARE DOGS and get used to it!

Whoa! Wait a minute!

First, Venusfreak is female, not male. I looked at her profile twice just to make sure before I wrote this.

Second, excuse me, but "OTHER QUALITY females"? Who gave you carte blanche to decide who is a QUALITY female? Is there a club that only QUALITY females can join and you are the elected Madam President?

I am a QUALITY female and I don't even know what the hell that entails.

Venus is saying that people are responsible for their own actions. Unless a woman is raped, she IS responsible for spreading her own legs. Every woman (or man) who has been duped by a slick talker saw signs but refused to acknowledge them.

If anything, women need to be taught to be more assertive and less gullible BEFORE the fact, not afterwards.

As for comparing buying a car to choosing a lover--the reputations of car salespeople (note the nonsexist language) are notoriously bad, so most people know to exhibit a little savvy on the car lot. Wise car shoppers check things out.

Personally, before I have sex, I refer to the Blue Book and take the man to the mechanic to make sure all of his parts are working. Then I take him for a test drive.

If he breaks down, I'll just junk him.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!