Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > North Carolina  > Feb. 2~Saturday~Social night out with dinner, then Starlite Bowling i      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~LovinAngel47~
Msg: 1
Feb. 2~Saturday~Social night out with dinner, then Starlite Bowling in Raleigh~click 4 details Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I have a night planned for everyone! We will have a buffet dinner at Golden Corral located @ 2909 Millbrook Road, Raleigh, NC 27616 meeting there at 8pm. I will have reserved tables for us. Cost is around $10.00. Then right around the corner, we will all go and

Kick up our heels for sure @ North Raleigh Buffoloe Lanes for Starlite Bowling, 5900 Oak Forest Drive, Raleigh, NC 27616 from 11pm-1am. We have to be there by 10:30. Cost for 2 hours of bowling per person is $8.00, includes shoe rental. I will have lanes reserved for us! We will all meet in a group at the arcade area North Buffoloe Lanes has a new look with the latest scoring software & 32" LCD monitors on every lane. and seating arrangements allow every1 to enjoy thier experience rather bowling or watching. There is no No Alcohol & No Smoking inside building. You can step outside to smoke. So let's all get together and start doing some Bowling ~EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT A $100 GUARANTEED WINNER!! So let's get the balls rolling and see if one of us can win that $100

Any bowling pro's on plenty of fish willing to give me a bowling lesson
Don't forget to invite your plenty of fish friends & non plenty of fish friends!

*Don't you think you deserve to get out and have some fun (yes) so come on and sign on up and come join us for a exciting and fun evening of dinner and bowling!!!!

Let The Good Times Roll With Friends And Making More Friends!!!

Please mapquest directions, thank you!

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!
******Everyone, start making plans for the biggest event of the year, Feb 15 NC Valentine's Party @ the Longbranchsaloon. Check the detail and sign up page out!! :heartyou: :love:

Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

april is my name

bharris111

blowe98

blueyedguy31m

bobcatt28379

bohunkus69

burnedrose

carriejo2u

cowgirljab1963

Cpers123

crackerjack01

cutiepatutie71

debrab

dixielady67

hokumpocus

JENNIFERWRRLL

Joann712

lilmunchin2006

lovinangel61

lww5472

magicwand

miktor723

millerb66

Ms. Maggie

ncdamsel

onesweetone4u

raleighmale

raspbergl

repairmangreg

rick326

semperfijeff

Sexygreens76

snowman6930

supermicroman38

taq

TessBaby

Tonylove2002

whippetwhippet

white4delta

39 people are attending
 ~LovinAngel47~
Msg: 2
Feb. 2~Saturday~Social night out with dinner, then Starlite Bowling in Raleigh~click 4 details
Posted: 1/5/2008 12:48:00 PM
I am really looking foward to this night, I think it will be a fun night for everyone! And as always I'm looking foward to meeting and making new friends!!! I just love people!!!

Let's get the balls rolling
 ~LovinAngel47~
Msg: 3
Feb. 2~Saturday~Social night out with dinner, then Starlite Bowling in Raleigh~click 4 details
Posted: 1/5/2008 1:10:16 PM
Anyone in my area of Princeton/Kenly and surrounding area want to car pool with me, get up with me, you are more than welcome to catch a ride with me!!

If need be, I'll rent a bus
 ~LovinAngel47~
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/5/2008 7:31:26 PM
It's been brought to my attention, that it is no smoking and no alcohol there! So if you want to smoke you will have to step outside and if you want a mixed drink you'll have to go fix it in your car. Best I can do on that! I can deal with that!
 White4Delta
Msg: 5
 ~LovinAngel47~
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/6/2008 9:27:33 AM
Sista Cee, look at those muscles on that Bigtone guy, we might have problems winning that $100 but I bet he can teach me a lesson in bowling, you reckon
wow now that is some arms!! It's been 20 years or longer since I've bowled, so someone will have to help me pick up the ball, sure glad he's going
 dixielady67
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/6/2008 10:01:41 AM
Yeah baby....I won't have my son that weekend and it's on a Saturday too...make room for Dixie ...LOL.
 dixielady67
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/6/2008 10:02:56 AM
Sista Cee...I'll help you spend that $ 100.00 that you're gonna win...that won't be a problem
 ~LovinAngel47~
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/6/2008 10:40:28 AM
well now I have never said I was any good at bowling, but you no me, I'm willing to try anything, well almost anything, and if I set my mind to it, y'all better watch out cos now I do have a very good concentration on what I'm doing , all my balls might just hit all 10 down everytime, you never know about me

Isn't life all about friendship and laughter! I love you all!
 ~LovinAngel47~
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/6/2008 10:43:39 AM
So who's gonna want to help me spend that $100?
 dixielady67
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/6/2008 10:52:45 AM
Alrighty then...so we just aim for the balls,right?? ...I think I can do that. Sheesh...y'all get your minds out of the gutter
 dixielady67
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/6/2008 10:54:12 AM
Lisa....I'll be glad to help you spend your $100 too...I mean, that's what friends are for.
 dixielady67
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/6/2008 10:56:09 AM
Oops...my bad!!!...I meant aim for the PINS
 dixielady67
Msg: 14
 White4Delta
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/6/2008 2:03:07 PM
Ok, I see the trash talking started early, I guess ill just have to go around the corner to the lanes by my place here and throw a few practice games, Id hate to dissapoint anyone, ha ha
 dixielady67
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/6/2008 2:42:35 PM
Cee...you are cracking me up!!! ...Somebody will need to show me how to put some spin on that ball ...LOL. I wonder if the fish will be biting that night?
 White4Delta
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/6/2008 4:41:00 PM
Save the day, right Well I went and threw 6 games, and those games showed that I havent bowled in a long time. The first 3 were horrible 139, 129, and 130 . On the next 3 I actually slowed up a bit and took it easy, just oozing up on the approach and letting my throw go slowly. Better control. 149, 178, and 181 on the last 3. I still got a lot of work to do. Funny, all those games could have been much higher except that I tend to hit the head pin dead on and get a lot of splits, and the vast majority of the strikes I get are Brooklyn ( because of my very unusual bowling style, I actually have to attempt to break Brooklyn which is harder than a normal strike.) and there are a lot of 1 pin spares I missed where you couldnt have slipped a peice of paper between the pin and the ball. It seems that I often put the ball within a millimeter or two of where it has to go, but no cigar. I think there is just a need to fine tune.

Dont think at all that I dont have fun, I get into the game, but I still have a lot of fun getting into it. I am excited about this, its got me thinking of joining a league again.

And no, I put absolutely no spin, hook or whatever. I just roll it dead on straight, I have to aim for the strike zone like aiming a rifle. It follows a very slight diagonal path across the center 1/3 of the lane, crossing the front of the head pin from right to left about 2/3rds of the way down, as it is aimed for the very narrow Brooklyn strike zone.
 dixielady67
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/6/2008 5:31:12 PM
LMAO@ Oliver Newton John...shouldn't that be Olivia????
 dixielady67
Msg: 19
 dixielady67
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/6/2008 5:57:15 PM
I guess someone didn't like the useful information that you gave us on meeting people Sista Cee...it got deleted...Imagine that. I got to read it before it got deleted though, so thank you.
 ~LovinAngel47~
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/6/2008 6:08:24 PM
I DIDN'T DELETE IT, I THOUGHT IT WAS A WONDERFUL POST TO ALL OF US, EXCELLENT ADVICE FOR US ALL TO LIVE AND LEARN BY!!!!!!!!!!
 ~LovinAngel47~
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/6/2008 6:16:09 PM
I have no one to thank but the owner of this site, BIG FISH, for getting this wonderful dating site up and going for us all and at no charge for us all, plus allowing us to post get togethers, because from what I have seen so far by going to, since I've been doing alot of hosting, is that the more true for real people will get out and go to the get togethers instead of the players on here. Anytime you are messing with meeting people on the internet, you always have to be careful there are all kinds on here and the owner can't tell who is the good from the bad, so we have to decide for ourselves and toss the bad fish out of the pond and keep on fishing, but like I said, from what I have seen and experienced so far is the REAL PEOPLE, your more HONEST PEOPLE will get out and go to the get togethers and face you face to face!!

Well I have my granddaughter tonight, and we're going to play and then she's going to bed.

Sweet dreams to all!!

~LovinAngel47~
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/6/2008 9:14:32 PM
So you deleted it yourself Cee, had me thinking I was losing it for sure

Well it's ok, if you feel you should have just deleted it, we all have those moments, but the most of it that you had posted, I like dixie did get chance to read it and I thought you have some really good advice. My grandmother use to always tell me, always listen to the older people they have already learned and expienced alot of things that can save me alot of heartache, but guess I'm stubborn and should listen more cos I'm still to trusting.

however, now at age 46 and having gone thru enough non trusting people and being run over, I am really learning really quick to run run run, so I'm not as trusting of others as I use to be!!
 White4Delta
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/7/2008 2:39:18 PM
Well Cee, about the profile thing, and leaving the details blank, Im a bit guilty of being vague and sketchy on my profile, but really its because I practically wrote a book about myself before. I mentioned things like the pride that I take in my work, my service to my country etc., my hobbies, my interests, and guess what, no one cared, not one contact and not one reply ( except the ones I was fortunate enough to befriend on here, and you all know who you are) to the many mails I sent out, which were all polite mind you. I had over 100 views to my profile, I guess not a one of them liked what I had to say. I put some very clear recent pictures up, Im not a movie star, but a woman could find a much worse looking guy than me. You know, if less than 1% of the women on here look at my picture and want to contact me, thats not saying much .

Ok, so I messed up and had hair sticking up in the one picture, but if a woman is going to be fussy about that...... Look , if it wasnt enough me going and signing up to go fight when there was a war on terrorism going on, and risking my life because I was willing to give it up for all the people in this country that were more fortuntate than me and DID have spouses and children...I mean my God, you need something which surmounts that to validate me as a person....enough just to send me an anonymous e mail to???

Then it occurred to me that either women today do not find the qualities of sacrificing good years of life to serve others or a good work ethic, etc a desireable thing anymore, or that Im hideously ugly ( either is highly unlikely I would think) or its because they think Im totally fake, putting up a fake picture and telling a bunch of lies. Or there all looking for a crisp and perfect, athleticly ripped and toned white collar high roller making 6 figures and driving a Benz. ( Im sure a few of them on here are crazy enough to think thats what there going to get, lol ) In which case I may as well just forget it. Nothing will get through to them, and there not the ones Id pick anyway.

So you know, I just deleted all that useless information about myself that no one cared for or believed in and said hey look, if you want to see if Im real come to one of these get togethers and see me for yourself. I notice that theres always a lot of people who sign up to these things that never show. Its like Lisa says, if you show up, you are real because youre not afraid to let people see you in person, and youre not some fake hiding behind a false image online. Its funny how maybe some of the ladies out there might have thought that I wasnt real so didnt contact me or reply to my e mail, but if they wont go out and be seen, whos the fake? It aint me.

Come on, its a public place, a lot of people are going to be there. If someone is that afraid of their own shadow I personally think they have issues. Certainly not any of the qualities Id be looking for in someone. So maybe the ones who want to stay at home, should do just that.
 ~LovinAngel47~
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/7/2008 4:28:56 PM
I can difinately say Andy is no fake person, he shows up to All the get togethers around the Raleigh area, I remember the first one he went to.......bless his heart.........he was such a humble guy, so nice, and he had several ladies to ask him to dance. Andy is a very handsome man with good quailities, just have to take the time to really get to know him..........but one thing I can say is , HE IS FOR REAL AND REAL HE IS!! Any TRUE ladies out there looking for a fine, good hearted, loyal man, Andy is all that........so come on out bowling with us and see what he is all about. I can't wait to see him bowl, he might be able to teach me something about bowling.

You are right Andy, it is like I said, the People(men & woman) that are for REAL on here, they are the ones that will get out and go to the get togethers and face people face to face, cos they don't have anything to hide, most of your players(male and female), your married people looking, fake people just messing with people's lives, the not brave enough to show up and I'm with you on that Andy my friend, all of those kinds of people can sit at home, cos that isn't the type person I would want to meet either. I want someone honest, someone for real and going to keep it real!!!!

Lord, Don't y'all start me preaching, I want ever
Show ALL Forums  > North Carolina  > Feb. 2~Saturday~Social night out with dinner, then Starlite Bowling in Raleigh~click 4 details