Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Are there some types of careers that you simply don't click with dati      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 10
Are there some types of careers that you simply don't click with dating wise?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I absolutely will not date a therapist, psychologist, psychotherapist or psychiatrist... I have dated FOUR of them and they are ALL insane... I have never seen so many unhealthy, manipulative and distructive behaviors in any one group ever in all my life... and any time you mention to someone that you had a bad experience with one they all say "oh yeah, they are the worst dates, they are all crazy".

I have found trial lawyers to be argumentative but manageable.

thanks for warning the guys about your cheating problem.

I was thinking the same exact thing... projections!!!
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Are there some types of careers that you simply don't click with dating wise?
Posted: 1/6/2008 5:23:46 PM
Men who own their own businesses are the ones I seem to have the most problems with. They are very dedicated...which I can appreiciate...but it just takes up too much of their time. Or maybe I have just met ones who don't like to delegate....I don't know.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/7/2008 1:41:50 PM

writers... I don't like people who daydream too much or live in a secret world, typing all day.

Add to the problem with writers is that we use real life people and scenarios in our work. Someday, when I am published, the people who know me and who read my work will NOT buy into the: "This is a work of fiction; any resemblance to people alive or dead is coincidence."

I wouldn't date a Christian preacher--he would try to convert me.

Morticians--personal bias, it is a fine occupation.

Someone who works at a slaughterhouse.

Anyone who hates his job.

Strangely, I am a cyclical thinker who deals with intangibles--why then am I often attracted to linear thinking men who deal with numbers and concretes (I don't mean construction workers, though I would date one if he were interesting)? Opposites attract?

I would like to date a pirate or a ninja, but no luck yet. Every one of those I have met turned out to be a fake. VERY disappointing!
 ~breathlesshush~
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2008 8:47:01 PM
My ex owned his own corral cleaning company. It didn't work out because he kept bringing his work home with him...

(for those of you who don't know, "corral-cleaning" is a fancy term for "sh*t-spreader"...)
 wishful58
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2008 7:13:23 PM
...has anyone avoided or ended a relationship due to a career that involved shift work? .. As a nurse, I know that I definitely limit my options - some people definitely do not want to deal with a shift worker; to much hassle planning vacations, days off, etc etc .... as for me, because I AM a shift worker, I'm pretty flexible with who I would consider dating .... at least schedule wise! .......
 BlahGrim
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2008 7:15:22 PM
I'm curious how the conclusion that those careers are more likely to cheat came about...?
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/19/2008 8:34:35 PM

Cop - too much temptation to cheat, gone too much, too much possibility of major payback should you piss him off

Kind of surprising that the obvious reason wasn't even mentioned. The risk of him getting killed.
 JWA
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/20/2008 7:10:08 AM
Here's one that is sure to draw fire! LOL

Nurses-----or anyone associated with that "health care" business. Funny thing is I dated a bona fide doctor and she was NOT a bit flakey which shocked me considerably.

Mind you EVERY one of the nurses (about 11 I think.....) I have dated were "fun" and had little or no personal boudaries in their sexual lives so that was never the problem. Their personal lives on the other hand were complete messes. It's not right to stereotype but the common element in all of them was a "screw loose" personality. Mind you I've also dated bartenders, one musician, an "artist", academics, a lawyer, factory workers and one cop---but NONE of them were as looney as my nurses! LOL

Might have been just my good luck---but others have also reported this same sort of feeling.
 boombatts
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2008 2:46:32 PM
I've had different jobs, and have been treated differently by women accordingly.
I was a guard ina psyc unit for years, and as soon as one storey got out, i was suddenly exciting, and heroic.
NOw that I'm in construction, I can't tell you how often I've been treated like a have a learning disability.
Old guys being attracted to young women, is about sex and that only.
At one time when there was a sole bread winner, what someone did equated stability.
In this day and age, it's just stupid.
 Dervical
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2008 8:19:30 PM
I have a problem caused by my profession....my hours. My biggest problem in getting a 2nd date is when I work. I work evenings and weekends. Nobody that I have found yet, is interested in dating someone who works 9pm till 1am during the week, then all day Saturday and Sunday. I referee ice hockey in the evenings, and am either doing the same on the weekends or taking photos, of either weddings or sports. Looking for a bartender or waitress to date is severly limiting myself.
 99sweetgirl
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/5/2008 8:51:00 AM
I dont date attorneys or doctors,
they are too busy and when they have time, they are too boring, lol
 compleat_man
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/5/2008 9:02:33 AM
never a lawyer..

how do you know a lawyer is lying?

his/her lips are moving..

Shakespeare DID have the right idea..
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Are there some types of careers that you simply don't click with dating wise?