Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > pet peeve      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lady of your Heart
Msg: 1
pet peevePage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Why do some guys post pictures with multiple people in the shot and fail to identify which one they are? Is this find Waldo or what?
''

I would ask, plead, that if you must upload a photo like this, at least have the courtesy to say "I'm the guy on the right" or give some way for us to figure out which one you are. I don't think this is asking very much and would certainly help those of us who are not psychic.

I'm sure this applied to women too, but since I don't browse those profiles, I can't say with any certianty.

Thank you to all who revise their profiles to assist the bewildered out here.

''
 fancynanci
Msg: 2
view profile
History
pet peeve
Posted: 1/8/2008 5:20:53 PM
What about guys with pictures of females wrapped all over them? EEEEEEK
 smallpanda02
Msg: 3
pet peeve
Posted: 1/8/2008 8:01:02 PM
i dont so much mind when people have pics of them with other people...but please at lease have a pic of just you so people know who you are.. other wise whats the point of even having a pic....

the other thing that is a total pet peeve of mine is guy that have pics of other peoples kids on there profile and the them selfs dont have kids... ok so your good with kids... but ya to me i find its just a turn off that guy will post pics of other peoples kids.... pics pf there own kids is all good... but come on.. other peoples kids... do there perents know you posted those pics?.......
 Icestorm
Msg: 4
view profile
History
pet peeve
Posted: 1/9/2008 10:10:35 PM
Hey, sometimes I wanna date the friend, too! Hmmm....if you wanted to be really sneaky you could date the unattractive person a few times, then beg them to let you meet some of their friends , maybe you'd get lucky and voila! you've met the person you REALLY wanted to meet in the first place. And maybe they'd have a cute brother for me.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 5
pet peeve
Posted: 1/10/2008 11:27:50 AM
OPie, I just look at it as an IQ test. If they can't figure it out, I don't need 'em in my life, lol!

Nachogirlfriend
Msg: 6
pet peeve
Posted: 1/10/2008 11:28:15 AM
Here's what I do when they IM me... First thing I say is "which guy are you?"

and regardless of what they say I say "Sorry I am not interested". Even if they are the cute one.

~T~
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 7
pet peeve
Posted: 1/10/2008 1:00:58 PM
Is this find Waldo or what?

LMAO

~OP~ It is exactly that with those types of pictures. I don't get it myself, but it seems to be rather common. My advice to those folks ~ enter PhotoShop, place a HUGE red arrow at your own head with the disclaimer "This is me!!!" and post the picture ~ otherwise, crop yourself out and let us know who you are. Or better yet, put big blue dots on the extra faces. That should get the point across. And as a footnote, get rid of the Bud Girls, the Vegas Showgirls, the FWB, the dead animal and/or your Mom. Those can be shared in private. JMO
 cowtrucker
Msg: 8
view profile
History
pet peeve
Posted: 1/10/2008 5:04:48 PM
It's even funnier when they forget to mention that they are the guy on the right, and you are interested in the guy on the left....

They end up getting upset over it, but hey, if they are going to post a picture of other people, its almost like a sign that says "look we are all available, pick one."

Theres other peeves, but this is a good one!

CowTrucker
Chapman, Kansas
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 9
view profile
History
pet peeve
Posted: 1/10/2008 5:42:57 PM
eanie, meanie, miney, moe......i pick this one.................oh no, i don't want this one, the profile matches that one! some people would rather just see how good of a guess the person looking is. if the person is interested then they would contact the person in the pic just to find out which one they are.

one of my pic pet peeves is someone posting either a pic of them that's not recent (less than 1 yr) or has a pic of someone else instead.
 Ebony83
Msg: 10
view profile
History
pet peeve
Posted: 1/11/2008 4:52:33 AM
Um Hello... I am a single Mother of a 4 yr old boy... now I dont think I have a pic up on Pof of him but in my profile I say that I have a child... its not called inviting possible pedophiles if you have up a pic of your child and yourself... Either way I think that if one states in their profile that they have a child then the facts are already out there... and there are some decent guys out there, its just up to the Mothers to make the choice, and make it right.

Come to think of it though, is every guy that has 'wants kids' in his profile a potential pedophile that sees no other way to get close to kids but to have his own?????? Seriously!!!
 toolbelt46
Msg: 11
view profile
History
pet peeve
Posted: 1/12/2008 9:51:50 AM
its true that "looks" (re: attraction) are only part of the person you're interested in, but isnt some form of physical attraction a requirement. or is it strictly that they qualify because they're from the opposite sex? otherwise i guess one could just date their hockey buddies cuz we get along just great?? lol

scenario......"hi, im a slender tall blonde, world traveller, alittle wild, sociable, successful long term career, wealthy with numerous houses, etc,etc seeking attractive male.
sincerely,
phylis diller
 letmeCARYyouaway
Msg: 12
pet peeve
Posted: 1/12/2008 7:57:50 PM
I don't mind the pics that show them doing some kind of activity like white water rafting, hiking, horseback riding, and 4 wheeling among other things....sure you can't see thier face, but this to me shows that they are active and have a passion for anything other than sitting on the couch all day.
Lots of profiles show pictures of you partying away with your friends in bars and clubs...Great! shows me you know how to interact with other people and like to have fun. and other profiles show pics of pets...Cool! it shows me your a loving person and have the ability to care for something other than yourself. There...I've given three Positive examples before I list the Negative.

Why do "A few extra pounds" profiles almost always show only close up face shots? it feels like its a deception in a way...I'm going to show you that I'm really Cute, but your gonna have to guess what the rest of me looks like, then they blast you for not wanting to get to know the "Real Me" if you ask for face AND body shots...when in all actuality I might just be attracted to the whole person. I list Height and Weight proportional as one of my things that I'm attracted to, but "a few extra pounds" is very subjective. If your so proud of your body or to be a bigger girl, let me see so I can make the decision of whether to contact you or not...believe it or not there are "bigger" girls out there that are proportionate, So please stop hiding behind those face shots.

Profiles that show you with the most stupid facial expressions imaginable...I'm not talking about shots of you being silly or goofy on purpose, those show your funnier side. I'm talking about those horrendous shots of you going "Huh", "Duh", "What?" for someone who is looking for a connection, you people need to get a clue about putting your best foot forward. At the very least, bite the bullet and have a friend take the shots for you. And don't be shy about asking a friend to do it for you...a true friend will go out of thier way to help you achieve happiness no matter what the reason.

I have so many more , but those will have to wait for another time....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > pet peeve