Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > is this a lack of maturity what do u think?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nexthyme
Msg: 5
view profile
History
is this a lack of maturity what do u think?Page 1 of 1    
JTWwaters hits it on the head well...

Being rejected hurts the ego, no matter what sex you are.

Is it supposed to be a consolation prize to be your friend?

I made the mistake of playing "human bandage" for someone, and then when he met someone that he and she had mutual interest, bye bye went the friendship.

As JT says, we women wonder what is wrong with us, that you don't have any interest in us... That is JUST ego, and then it bumps into the esteem...

HOWEVER, I am very good friends with many of my exes. There is NO sexual tension, or jealousy, because what didn't work, didn't work...We moved on, and had a long enough relationship that the good stuff means enough to stick around as good friends...

Some people don't like, or get that, but that is life...
 Bewildered100
Msg: 11
view profile
History
is this a lack of maturity what do u think?
Posted: 1/9/2008 7:04:58 AM
Saw this on a different site:

"Having your lover break up with you and saying we can still be friends, is like your dog dying and your mom saying you can still keep it!"
 nexthyme
Msg: 14
view profile
History
is this a lack of maturity what do u think?
Posted: 1/9/2008 8:42:32 PM
This situation kind of makes me laugh actually...

I had went out with someone once, had chatted with him quite a few times on the phone, then didn't hear from him, which was fine.

Gave him a jingle just to see what was up, cause he was nice as a person. He told me he met a couple women and couldn't decide between which... I said ohhh ok, well good luck, and hung up... (for me it was not a big deal at all, I was just "dating" anyways)

He wrote me and wanted to know if we could still be friends... I told him no... HE FREAKED OUT ON ME... LOL

I didn't know him well enough, and certainly didn't find that we had all that in common, so there ya go... Sometimes telling someone you don't want to be friends goes just as bad as the other way around...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > is this a lack of maturity what do u think?