Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Frrosty
Msg: 1
HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?Page 1 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I have been on here about a month now (though my was here for much longer), and I have been on 4 real dates. Bit of kissing; but nothing really goin anywhere or worth mentioning in letters to big brother..ya know?

I think I am already at the "been there done that stage" as far as this goes.

Anyone feel the same?

<--bored with "take a number" dating.

Go nuts folks, say whatever comes to mind; I suppose.
 astrosky
Msg: 2
view profile
History
HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?
Posted: 5/23/2005 10:45:34 PM
I've been here 3 months, been on 1 date, almost a couple more but they cancelled at the last minute; got a lot of emails, made a few friends, and got hooked on the forums. All and all, its been more enjoyable than any other singles site I've seen.

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they will not be disappointed". Anything more is a bonus!
 mdew22
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/23/2005 10:51:43 PM
well about 1 year or so. and no dates yet. but get some emails tho from time to time. lol

mdew22
 who_the_fox
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/23/2005 11:44:39 PM
Couple of months...met 2 guys, no dates.
 HAHANOW
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/24/2005 12:02:29 AM
6 months & zip ! Nadda! but I am working on it!
Going to NYC June 6th & meeting a few POFers there!~
 pluckyduck
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/24/2005 12:24:48 AM
All I have to say is this thing blew the f**k up! I never had so many women in my life! I'm not one to go into details but I met and had lots of FUN with several exciting women of different races and ages! I had a nice picture up but took it down because I actually met a girl on here and after dating for 2 weeks we got married! At that time I had six girlfriends but after meeting HER I realized I'd found what I was looking for! We were actually married in Vegas on may 21 and we're SO in love! Sounds like a freakin infomercial but "thanks POF"! I subsequently took my picture off n changed my profile to indicate my off-the-marketness. Want some advice guys cuz I had more women on it than i could even start to deal with:
1)Smile in your picture n be in an attractive outdoor location
2)IM a girl in your area with an opening line like "hey qt! wanna chat?" or "I enjoyed reading your profile. can we talk?" leading to...
3)Actually READ the friekin profile cuz they want to know that you're interested in THEM n not just lookin at the pretty pictures leading to...
4)Make them LAUGH! Boring or timid tomfoolery will get you NOWHERE! Don't brag but tell them what you're about
5)DON'T EVER try to start a conversation by complimenting their physical features. You'll never get the pretty girl if you make them feel like an object.
6)If you want to talk to them on the phone, offer your number first before asking for theirs. If you make them laugh and feel comfortable they'll offer it anyway but if you come off as pushy you'll go to instant Internet Psycho status.
7)If you send a email rather than IM, make sure you mention stuff that's relevant (see READ PROFILE first)
8)In the regarding part of the email put something witty (ex.: I was talking to a girl in Corona CA and used the subject "Corona Anyone?" It worked cuz I read the profile, knew she likes Tecate, and it separated me from all the wolves that wrote "You're SO Hot!")
9)Making sense yet? Also sexual connotation is fine once you get her talking but don't come out and say "I'm gonna stick it in your ass" Raunchiness and profanity will get you shot down cause most girls that are worth talking to want it but don't want to saeem too easy.
10)Be real about your intentions. Women are very special and honorable creatures and deserve honesty. And if you really are a friekin psycho stay the #### off my site! I'll slap you!

Yeah so theres the Ten Commandments of Internet Dating. Only guidelines but you sorry mofos thata been here for a year with no dates its not your ugly your just approachin it wrong. Believe me, I only had six girlfriends because there werent enough hours in the day for all the women I really had. In less than a month. I had a choice of at least three cool girls on any night of the week, being highly selective. And then I met the one I wanted and married her right away. Sorry I got the best one HAHA but really there so many special wonderful women here just gotta doit toit. Peace out! Plucky & Shirley 4-eva!
 DragonRed
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/24/2005 1:36:50 AM
I have been on a few dates..I'm very lucky,, I have met some great people...
No Sparks though,on any of the dates.......keep on trucking I guess,,, what can you do.....meeting cool people having fun
 manthere
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/24/2005 2:53:33 AM
"Couple of months...met 2 guys, no dates"

Wait a min, you met 2 guys, but they weren't dates? How is this possible? Were they gay men? LOL!
 Julya13
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2005 4:01:17 AM
Met 2 guys...wouldn't really call them dates though...Still talk to one of them quite frequently, really glad I met him.

Julya
 Spoiled Princess
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/24/2005 6:17:34 AM
Since October! I actually on came here to waste time and not to date. :)
lol...If I actually wanted to date, then I wouldn't be online... In the event I just happen to
run across some "Mista Wonderful" or "The One" then "It's All Good" and if not then I defiently
haven't lost anything.
 UNDERWOOD
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/24/2005 6:30:32 AM
i've been on here about 3 or 4 months...... and i've been out on 3 dates.
 Jeopardy_Junkie
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2005 6:31:17 AM
Does meeting for coffee count???
Been on here since Nov,2004, had several dates with three different guys. Met 4 others for coffee but didn't see them twice.

jj

adonsia
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/24/2005 6:40:10 AM
Approx.. 2 months this Year....

Was here in the past ... about a yr. ago for a month or two......

Does Meeting for coffee count for a date?

Anyway. to answer you quest.. Met one

I've learned to be more selective because i'm seeking the finer things in life...
 bunomatic
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/24/2005 6:47:42 AM
Been on for about a month and a half ,contacted 3 or 4 times,had one response to a message,had absolutely no action.At this point in time I'd have to say the real world works much better for me.
 andimwritingstuff
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/24/2005 6:59:20 AM
Ive been here since mid Feb. this year. Ive met 5 people from this site. One was a complete waste of time, one was real sweet but not my type, one is still a great friend, the other two are hot as hell and I will continue to see them. Im a greedy girl though, Im still looking.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/24/2005 7:23:03 AM
@manthere
First meetings do NOT count as dates....and there was no interest in seeing each other again, so no dates.
 Frrosty
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/24/2005 7:49:09 AM
^ WIth that logic; I have only been on one date then.

I have MET 3 or 4 girls, but really not worth the "take a number..." n watching your message read and waiting 4 days for your reply.

P.S. My initial message was supposed to say *though my name was here for a year; I have only been here a month*

SO first meetings arn't dates hu? Even if you goto dinner?

NOw some of you may ask "Why in Gods name would you goto dinner when you dont even know you're attracted". IT HAS been asked of me before. "Why spend any cash if you arn't turned on by her"

My answer is that I enjoy dinner and try to have a decent time anyways. I do not need to want to bang someones brains out to have a good time out and make use of the time we allotted together for good times either way; ya know? (I know, this may blow the socks off of some, but hey)

SO, anyways..

whaaa
 who_the_fox
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/24/2005 7:53:57 AM
Dinner? For a first meeting? Hell no. I go for coffee or maybe a walk...and I generally pay for my own java. That is DEFINITELY not a date!!
 who_the_fox
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/24/2005 7:54:35 AM
Oh....and btw....not doing any kissing on a first meet either!!
 Frrosty
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/24/2005 7:57:17 AM
<--has done dinnner AND kissing on afirst date. (movie too; after a coffee date)

Why would you not go out to dinner with someone you have been chatting to online though? Do you not enjoy eating out? Are you one of those who thinks that dinner between people of two sexes automatically means you are going to go cuddle n screw afterwards or something? Why so appalled over the dinner for a first date idea? Don't you go out to dinner with a friend of the SAME sex once a week or so or meet your sis for lunch now n then? Why is "dinner" such a big word?

I like a coffee or mochachino now n then too, but wouldn't that get boring if that is all you EVER do for your first dates? Sorta?

*shrugs*

I dun get it.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/24/2005 8:05:15 AM
Since I am maybe doing a first meet once a month or less, coffee doesn't get boring. Dinner for a first meet is not an option for several reasons. Firstly, because it involves too much time. It takes maybe 10-15 mins for people to determine if there is any REAL interest in one another, so coffee or a walk is more than adequate. Secondly, whereas YOU do not think dinner entitles you to sex, that is not how the men I have been talking to think. Actually, a lot of the guys from online dating sites seem to think that I am willing to get naked with them simply because I am on a dating site...no dinner, no drinks, no coffee..... Gee...wonder why I am a little skittish?
 who_the_fox
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/24/2005 8:11:05 AM
And btw...no, I do not go out for dinner regularly with friends or whatever. It is too expensive and so I might do it 2 or 3 times a year.
 moist
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/24/2005 8:16:03 AM
Been doin the online dating thing for less than a year. Meet 4 guys so far. Had a few fun times with them. Cant complain at all
 adonsia
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/24/2005 8:17:11 AM
BRAVOOOOOOOO... FRROST!!

Just to answer your quest... I've met 2 others from completely different sites..

And yes, I fully agree w/ ya about the DINNER-DATE thing...

My mistake I gave these cheapy jerks the benefit of the doubt- but then again, it was only a cold intro meeting and a very disappointing one at that. When firstly, they cannot clearly be HONEST in whom they are or what they look like... JERKS' - eh?

That is why.. I refuse to date ANYONE from here w/o chk'n further their background..

I really do better on my own in the real world - that is - selecting guys ( they come up to me, when I go out - offer me drinks ect..) sadly i've not enough time to do it...

One nite me & my sister were at a club - and this MARRIED - HANDSOME guy bought us "BOTH" a drink - go figure.....BOTH...?

When the single ones just test you w/ the words or think they're sooooooooooo FUNNY w/ their jokes just to kill time, and pretend to swoo you... unbelieveable how rude & annoying we've come in this dating game...(encounter)...

I suppose mostly the guys in here don't have great jobs or any (for that matter) - I think, they should try harder w/ classy persuasion....Do they really think women's IQ freeze when meeting ....or that all girls want a piece of meat.......?
 micxter
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/24/2005 8:33:30 AM
I have been on here for about 5 months,and met no one , but that is my choice. I am mainly on here for the forums.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?