Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > What should i do?      Home login  
Joined: 7/13/2007
Msg: 10
What should i do?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Been through hella shit myself . I know exactly where your at except my ex was doing a shitload of crank as soon as she walked out the door. I had a lawyer in the beginning and in the long run it was a waste of money. I found that going to the self help legal clinics, that I believe most family courts have, actually worked better for me. For one I think lawyers try to keep the paycheck coming in and are not necessarily on your side unless you have some sort of personal connection. For two the judge doesn't get to hear you speak much and seeing as how you sound fairly intelligent. Showing the judge that your not a jackass is in benifit to you. Family court judges make the best decision for the child as they see it. The best for a child if both parents are on the up and up is to spend quality time with the both of you. So as long as you don't do anything stupid the judge will make sure your child has plenty of time with you. My ex ****ed with me extensively until she was so strung out that she couldn't visually hide her problem anymore. As of that point I've had legal full custody. But until then she played me off as a jealous ex boyfriend that wouldn't leave her alone. I literally almost went postal after a couple years of this and if I did I would have lost all posibilitys of custody. So remember that as long as you keep your cool eventually her behavior will start to show in court. Get a datebook with enough room to write at least a paragraph on each day. Everytime you have any interaction with her weather it be in person or on the phone. Document it! Make sure you write down what days you have your child. Keep all reciepts. I have more advice if you want it.
Joined: 2/4/2006
Msg: 13
view profile
What should i do?
Posted: 1/11/2008 6:37:32 PM
Go online, the child support and custody statutes should be available and contrary to what people think, they are not that hard to unerstand.

The court will require documentation of your income, her income and proof that she is paying for daycare expenses. Your post is a little confusing. If the restraining order is for the mom, then how are you supposed to pick up your child or has she instituted a no contact order? You can solve the problem of her continued lying by having someone with you, a witness to what takes place that is someone reliable that would be believable in court.

The court can make arrangements for your daughter to be transferred at a child services or other office so that there is no contact between you and the mother. Most communities also have legal services for people that cannot afford lawyers where you may be able to get some advice.
Joined: 9/4/2006
Msg: 19
view profile
What should i do?
Posted: 1/11/2008 8:59:13 PM
do you have any evidence to support the drugs/alcohol? you can ask for her to be tested, but you'll be tested too. when applying for a restraining order, don't you have to be there too and say your thing and the judge can either agree or disagree? does she have proof that you violated the restraining order other than her say? Any further contact with her in person, you should have a friend with you as a witness just in case she says you did this or that. Document everything, the phone calls, visitations. Do you have/know someone who can verify that she doesn't pay daycare to her family? as for as stating more in your income and less in hers that will be verified thru documents. Who has done the taxes while you were married, if you have the tax info, I think you can also request for them if you don't have the tax returns, you can use that to verify the income she makes.

for child support, they usually go by a percentage of what your income, her income, and expenses. if you are paying rent, you can bring the lease and amount you pay/copy of check.

I'd suggest taking the pic of you and your daughter off, she may use that against you if she knows you're using her pic on a dating site.
Joined: 3/19/2006
Msg: 23
view profile
What should i do?
Posted: 1/13/2008 3:36:24 AM
Sorry to read of your hassle, saw the us navy flag in your profile, if ur ex navy, they might be able to help you, would ignore the tard flamers to be honest :)

Letters from employer stating salary, with ones from mortgage company and and legal taxes u have to pay like council - not sure what it is over in the us ?

so the court knows your incomings and outgoings can be good, at least the ex won't be able to claim u earn more than u do

uk has citizen's advice bureau, something over there perhaps ?
Joined: 1/9/2008
Msg: 24
What should i do?
Posted: 1/13/2008 3:51:50 AM
Listen my man i went thru a whorrible divorce married only 5 years i had 2 homes paid fo a million dollar home in gilbert and had a Post Nuptiual Agreement i had several hundred thousand dollars that and a big huge IRA abd we had a child together who was 3 yrs old whenn the ****ing **** hit me with divorce papers on my Birthday 3 yrs ago the courts demande i pay 4500 doolars for child support and maintenance the gave Cari Bond everything I had saved since i was 21 yrs old i am now 51 and flat ****ing broke the gave Cari Bond my x-wife all of it everything everything !!you wanna know what to do you call me my name is steve B/at 480-688-0020 as soon as you get this message i am going to tell ypu what you need to be doing even tho you may think shes coming you think that maybe if i go easy she will still love me again she may cum back the old rule is once to get laid and once to shatter your life dont fall for it you call me i know how to play serious major games with these ****ing**** i will help you buddy call me asap Good luck you need more than that and now is the time
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > What should i do?