Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Men with beards and moustaches - is it sexy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dub08
Msg: 4
Men with beards and moustaches - is it sexy?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Not sexy at all - not even Magnum!! I have turned down dates because the guy had either a mussie or a beard! Sorry!
 pantsonfire
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Men with beards and moustaches - is it sexy?
Posted: 1/11/2008 4:52:36 AM
Don't care, if he's sexy he's sexy.. Beards and moustaches make no difference ...
 *~*ChardyGirl*~*
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/11/2008 5:18:06 AM
Hmm.......it really does depend on the individual man....................
I have a friend who's always been clean shaven,but,over Xmas he grew a mo & goatee , & damn,he looks sexy....!!! Ive convinced him to keep it for a while coz it really suits him........................
 word nurd
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/11/2008 6:52:19 AM

Men - why do you choose to have facial hair?

Shaving is (or I should say was) a terribly unpleasant activity for me. Nicks and cuts virtually every time, only to have to repeat the next morning. Trimming my beard is quick and painless, and I only need to do it once a week or so.
 DeusXMachina
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2008 6:56:37 AM
^like he said

I don't like shaving around my lips so I don't do it, just trim my 'tache short instead
 word nurd
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/11/2008 9:04:51 AM

ive analy been growing a goaty for 6 days

I think you're doing it wrong...
 Ideoform
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2008 3:43:29 PM
I like men with beards and without.
A 5 o'clock shadow is cute.
I don't like a moustache, looks too affected.
Goatees on younger men are ok because its more in style, but not on older men.
I like the LLBean look! Very masculine.

But I don't like a beard that is not trimmed. If it gets scraggly, or isn't clean, no way!
It doesn't matter the color, steel grey is classy, and Santa has a certain charisma!

I think beards look better in winter, shave it off in the summer & get a tan!
 rugby_man
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2008 7:04:54 AM
hi all!
i have to have the morning stubble because if i clean shave i have a baby face and dont like the feel off it!
 xXx Tinks xXx
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2008 5:09:13 AM
Definately clean shaven! My dad is in the process of growing a beard and got to say, I told him he looked 20 years older and told him to get rid of it!!
 restless_native
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2008 5:34:40 AM
What about women with moustaches?

And more importantly why do they think that bleaching them is sufficient? It's like kissing a caterpillar.
 Gut_Reaction
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2008 5:37:53 AM
mm i suppose it depends on the man.......but my ex hubbie used to have a goatie and it used to have lots of little food particles left in it at times........big yuck.

Thanks for reminding me, I have a meat and potato pie saved in mine from last night, that's lunch sorted then. I've also got some medium cheddar nicely maturing, needs a few days yet. Ohh hang on that's not in me beard.
 Sinbad Phil
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2009 5:12:43 PM
Don't remember choosing it.... It just happened, sometime between being 15 and 20.
 *november babee*
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2009 8:20:36 AM
each to their own..

o prefer a man clean shaven, dont mind a bit of a goatee.. but a plain moustache IMO looks a bit old fashioned..

the trouble with facial hair is it dont half make your face sore when your snogging with a hairy faced fella.. sharp stubble really hurts..

i would have thought snogging a hairy faced women would have the same outcome allthough ive never tried it myself....
 Dippybrowneyedgirl
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2009 1:14:40 PM
Beards can be in my opinion, a tash, nope.
 icarusi
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2009 6:00:15 PM

Men - why do you choose to have facial hair? Or why do you not have facial hair?

I started after leaving school, can't recall if shaving was a school rule but think it was. It also helped my acne as I was no longer spreading contamination etc. I did shave it all off once for shock value. Like my hair I tend to wear my face hair longer in winter than summer. I think my chin now looks better with than without. I haven't noticed it being a problem with women I'm attracted to, although I know some women prefer me with short hair, others with it long.

I think if I was to be without facial hair for life, I'd seriously consider having the hair permanently removed. When I do sculpt the facial hair even the shaved 'smooth' parts are abrasive and more likely to cause damage to others in close contact than the parts with fuller hair.
 anniesapple13
Msg: 124
Posted: 3/17/2009 6:23:40 PM
Yes all types of facial hair in any manner is sexy to me. I love moustaches, goatees, beards that are trimmed. All add that little bit of flair and interest.
 horlix
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2009 6:17:26 AM
Just out of curiosity, when was the last time anyone saw a moustache (no beard)? When I was a kid, every youth sported a bum fluff fanny-tickler on his top lip. Now they're virtually extinct. I'm presuming squaddies still sport em, but even most coppers and gays have given them the push.

R.I.P. the tache
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2013 12:35:04 PM
At the moment, due to it being winter, i`m sporting a grizzly adams style bush hahahaha, it may not look stylish, it may not look sexy..but hell, it keeps the cold and wind out ! :O)
 GeordieColin
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2013 3:25:08 AM
There are so many young men walking round with full beards that I just thought that it was a reflection of hard times until my daughter said it was a trend called Hipsters. But I find it Ironic that Hipsters are all about being anti fashion and trends when they have their own look
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2013 5:14:05 AM
If I'm going to sport one, it's going to be during the winter but I keep mine very short. If a partner hates it, I'll take it off but if I'm having a single period, it's nice to have a warm face. And yes, as the poster above points out, as it's greyer than my head hair, it puts a few years on.
 Strider886
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2013 9:04:22 AM
For some odd reason, a full beard is very often sported by managers in UK businesses. I think it's supposed to be seen as a sign of maturity, authority and intelligence.

Only stuff like this has no effect on me whatsoever, as I don't judge a book by it's cover.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2013 11:05:17 AM
If i was to wrap a towel around my head right now, i`d look like osama himself hahahaha :O)
 ObjectStupidity
Msg: 140
Posted: 12/24/2013 1:17:36 PM
Shaved head and a beard as long as a lantern.... hmmmm now where have i heard that before
 Dobermonster
Msg: 141
Posted: 12/25/2013 2:05:04 AM

Over the last four years, if I grow a moustache it has a tinge of grey and my beard is now half-white. I actually like the look and am sporting it now but have been told by women it ages me around ten years. You know what? Sod 'em. I feel sexier with the look, and that's what matters ;-)

Then rock the sexy beard, man! :P Like I said, it's all personal preference.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Men with beards and moustaches - is it sexy?