Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Soulmates? Do they / can they exist??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mikelgreco
Msg: 2
Soulmates? Do they / can they exist??Page 1 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
I think I found mine and lost her three times...now looking for my fourth! lol
 HAHANOW
Msg: 5
Soulmates? Do they / can they exist??
Posted: 5/24/2005 10:40:37 AM
<~~~soul #4!
 WeekendHuntressKatelynn21
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/24/2005 12:02:15 PM
I sure hope they do...
I think if they do..
I have found mine..

Katelynn
 WeekendHuntressKatelynn21
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/24/2005 12:21:39 PM
Too true busty...
even if you are lucky enough to find your soulmate
Love and relationships take work.
Keep an open heart and mind..
You will find your soulmate and love for life..
As long as you realise that it takes work.

Katelynn
 Trishnaa
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/13/2006 4:01:38 PM
No.Not for me.I don't believe in soul mates.Hell...I don't even believe in souls to begin with.
If there actually was such a thing called a soulmate....people would not get married more than once.But that's just how I think.No offense to anyone.

~*Flavia*~
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2006 4:07:01 PM
I've found two soulmates in my life so far...

One I had to give up so that she could follow her dreams.
The truest test of love is if you can give someone up so they can be happy.

The other was taken from me.
Killed by a hit and run driver on Valentine's Day.
 wolfskshuntress
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/13/2006 6:53:46 PM
Msg 1, adapted from "The Sixth Sense" ..

Cole Sear: I see soul mates.
Malcolm Crowe: In your dreams?
[Cole shakes his head no]
Malcolm Crowe: While you're awake?
[Cole nods]
Malcolm Crowe: Soul mates like, in marriages? In relationships?
Cole Sear: Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're soul mates.
Malcolm Crowe: How often do you see them?
Cole Sear: All the time. They're everywhere.

Trishnaa
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/13/2006 7:11:25 PM
^^^Oh wow....in that case every "boyfriend" I would have had until now was meant to be my "soulmate"?????????I hope not!That is scary.Just the thought of having a soul scares me.Forget soulmates.lol.
Maybe I'm too unromantic and cynical.

~*Flavia*~
 junipermoon
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2006 11:31:28 AM
to conceptualize the idea of one soul attached to yours throughout eternity indicates stagnation of the soul. the soul evolves. that's what it's designed to do and to say that each soul has another that it travels with would indicate that neither soul does any learning.
 greeneyedblonde and CSI
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/4/2006 8:54:46 PM
Yes, I believe they exist...It's when your NOT looking you will find, you just know that's the one because everytime you see that person your heart skips a beat and you just can't stop smiling!!!

I met mine here...he is someone I adore who I can trust implicitly..he makes my heart beat a little faster each and every time I see and think of him..We have a lot in common with everything...family...traditions etc...and I would do anything for him...kindred spirits..I have never in my life met anyone like him and I would go to the ends of the earth to make him happy..and he expects nothing in return...a truly beautiful human being....with a kind giving heart and soul and I love him to death...THAT is a soul mate...

Just my two cents worth

GEB
 dogar2007
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2006 8:27:44 PM
I know a lady who is 53 years old, never married, and still looking for that "perfect soulmate". As she has spent decades waiting for her perfect fit, she has missed out on having a family and slept alone most of the last 30 years.

If waiting for your "soulmate" really means you don't want to make any compromises or "lower your standards", then it may just be an impossible Cinderella fantasy that is being chased, to the exclusion of a very nice but "imperfect" reality left unfulfilled.
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 100
Posted: 11/11/2006 6:54:05 PM
soulmates don't exist, they are made
 Westlin
Msg: 104
Posted: 11/15/2006 4:19:50 PM
Yes, they exist.
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2007 6:03:49 AM
LOVE this topic...I find it interresting a man will say getting to know a lady on different levels,sexually,mentally,emtionally,spiritualy and a womans version is.........mentally,emtionally,spiritualy and sexually what a shocker anyway back to soulmates..I always wondered well what if he doesnt live in this state LOL I do beleive in love at the soul level would be awesome Jewel
 LittleMissScareAll
Msg: 120
Posted: 2/11/2007 12:14:39 PM
I don't know, maybe they exist for some people but I don't think they do for everyone. I don't think I have one.
 poly_pal
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2007 8:06:28 AM
I tend to think along the lines of soulful union (message 125).

I think that our spirits are independent entities that are neither male or female in gender. Regression studies by hypnotists have found that people have been the opposite sex in previous lives. So what would be the basis of such a soul mate? Obviously not male-female bonding in the sense that we know it.

I went through a number of Sylvia Browne books a few yeats back and her opinion was that soul mates do not exist, but kindred spirits do. Kindred spirits can experience multiple lives together and that may explain why you meet someone who it just feels that you have known them forever.

Perhaps a relationship with a kindred spirit in really the kind of special and magical one that some people experience and have written about.
 NatGoat
Msg: 152
Posted: 8/25/2007 8:09:50 AM
'Writer' . .
I believe in them . . !
I've had one already . . - and lost her to 'the bottle' -
I only H O P E that I'm allowed another . . in This Lifetime . . !!!
 NatGoat
Msg: 170
Posted: 8/26/2007 9:28:20 AM
Are we allowed more than One . . in a Lifetime . . ???
 NatGoat
Msg: 201
Posted: 8/31/2007 3:24:09 PM
Y E S !!!
It's just a matter of Finding them . . AND . .
Not rejecting the _PERFECT_ mate . . because of _D i s t a n c e_ . . !!
 lizzy915
Msg: 203
Posted: 9/1/2007 6:29:25 PM
I believe in soul mates. I found mine. Your's is out there. You will know you find him. You'll just get that certain feeling... it's undescrible.
 NatGoat
Msg: 232
Posted: 9/22/2007 10:07:40 AM
I'm still looking for the next one . . the Last one . . I'll ever need . .
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 249
Posted: 2/6/2008 6:43:47 AM

Anybody that believes in soul mates is a complete and utter idiot. they don't exist...it's probably nothing more than some left-wing feminist's imagination from watching one too many Oprah shows.

One complete and utter idiot stepping up to the plate. Sorry you left so soon. You might have found one. Imagine that.

Certain irony in finding lefties and feminazis responsible for the concept, lol!

jenna518
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2008 1:51:38 AM
I have met a few of mine and believe I have also met my twin flame as well. Knew it the moment he kissed me. Has been 3 wks since we have seen each other and yet the connection is still there almost as though we are together on the phone and in each others thoughts throughout the day...
 theozman38
Msg: 272
Posted: 3/26/2008 9:10:23 PM
soulmates hmmmm....what i cant understand is why we put up with so much out of our partner and still love him/her.. is love the final act of our soul finally joining with ourself when we feel we have met the right one or just putting up with another person who has not found his/her own soul to stitch up in these damp cobwebbed dungeon of a shell..soulmates...to crack and shatter someones own self..i am alone and alone i will die, i cant take you with me nare can i stay and be with you always ....
 feedem
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2008 2:16:05 PM
When your britches are itchin......and someone comes along to make em stop itchin.....there must be a reason.......you don't want to scratch around anymore.....you give up the internet....you make them important......you put them first....no more looking for greener grass......the bugs are gone.....and you cuddle and hug.....peace at last....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Soulmates? Do they / can they exist??