Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Post-orgasm: Energized or tranquilized?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 word nurd
Msg: 1
Post-orgasm: Energized or tranquilized?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Orgasms release endorphins into the spinal fluid. They produce a natural high, a pleasurable and calming experience for most of us. For most people, depending upon the circumstances (time of day, mood, etc.), it can lead to sleep.

I know that's the case for me. While I'm content to cuddle and converse afterward, often the energy level isn't there, and the chemical rush leads seamlessly to sleep.

My SO, however, has a very different reaction. After her orgasm(s), she feels a tremendous boost in her energy level. Instead of wanting to drift off to sleep (even in the wee hours of the morning), she has to fight the urge to get up and go on a cleaning spree.

Is this common? She seems to think she's a goofball. Which is another thread entirely...
 word nurd
Msg: 2
Post-orgasm: Energized or tranquilized?
Posted: 1/14/2008 10:09:27 AM

Sex at night puts me out like a light.

Sounds like you're channeling Dr. Seuss...

I think that's true for most people, but not for my SO. Even if it's 2 a.m., and it's been a long, stressful day, she gets invigorated.
 Leeanne
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2008 10:51:09 AM
It can go either way for me depending on how much I have been doing prior! On a busy day it knocks me out - on a lazy day it gives me energy!! No matter what though - I always feel really good after!
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/14/2008 12:12:05 PM
It can go for me either way as well. However, it also depends on the intensity of the orgasm and if there's more than one.

The more intense the more relaxed I am after. If I should experience multiples the last one is almost always more intense than the one before and after 3 or so just roll me over and let me nap. lol

Maybe you need to work on the intensity level for your SO?
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/14/2008 1:56:39 PM
I am usually energized. But not to the point of getting up and cleaning.
 OutMind
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/14/2008 2:14:41 PM

My SO, however, has a very different reaction. After her orgasm(s), she feels a tremendous boost in her energy level.

Yeap. Normal. Some people even do it another three more times before they get sleepy.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2008 3:16:05 PM
It's been too long.. I've forgotten!!! LOL!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Post-orgasm: Energized or tranquilized?