Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Ozzy Osbourne      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RustyNailFromHell
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Ozzy OsbournePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
With so many threads on bands and people, I'm surprise there was none on Ozzy. Ozzy is one person who has done alot for hard rock and metal. Whether it's his solo career or with Black Sabbath he has been a huge influence on many bands from different genres. His Ozzfest has brought many bands to a bigger audience, especially the extreme metal bands even though they share stage with the nu metal bands. It gave the audience an option. He's always upping the bar with age by putting out a new album, which is good I think he gets better as he goes. I would love to hear a new Black Sabbath album with Ozzy on vocals. How many people out there would like to hear a new Black Sabbath album with Ozzy on vocals. Watching the Osbournes I can't understand a word he says, but he can still sing. Does anyone know if there ever will be a new Black Sabbath album?
 Luv Karla
Msg: 2
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 1/14/2008 6:58:04 PM
Ozzy Osbourne's music is great,but I have lost a little bit of respect for him.

Ozzy has become too commercial.

After his family did a reality show,he became a media wh­ore.
Ozzy made an appearance on every show,and every red carpet event.

People like Ozzy Osbourne and Gene Simmons are marketing genius's,but I don't think music is their priority anymore.

From what I hear,Ozzy is retired from the music industry.
 setitoff6
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 1/14/2008 7:08:23 PM
i saw him play with sabbath at the ozzfest with maiden, he can still sing
 socalguy1962
Msg: 4
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 1/18/2008 10:29:33 AM
Ozzy will do whatever Sharon Osbourne lets him do. I don't think doing a Sabbath album is something she'll let him do. I'd love to see a new Ozzy/Sabbath album, but i doubt it'll ever happen. Ozzy's voice has been limited in recent years. There are only specific Sabbath songs he can still do. Their OzzFest tours in the last few years pretty much had the same song sets, since his voice was limited. Don't get me wrong, i still loved their show's!

Butler and Iommi toured as Heaven and Hell last year with Ronnie James Dio, doing "Dio era" Sabbath songs, plus a couple new ones. I saw them twice...awesome show's! Dio can still bring it even at 62 or 65 yrs old, whichever birthdate you want to believe. They plan on recording an album and another tour this year.

So pretty much figure no new Ozzy/Black Sabbath album for 2008.
 Guess
Msg: 5
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 1/18/2008 11:49:26 PM
Ozzy is one of the best as long as he sings and don't talk.
 toowild4u
Msg: 6
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 1/19/2008 7:37:12 AM
There was talk by Bill Ward and Tony Iommi that they are open for a new CD of new songs with Ozzy. I think it's more of a scheduling thing between them. They WANT to do it, but all of these guys are busy with the various reunions and other projects.

After seeing them on the 99 Reunion tour, there is no doubt they are still a go and I'd love to hear what they sound like in the studio with todays' technology! They were already ahead of their time on their first 4 albums!

Out of all of the Ozzy solo works, my favorites are the ones with Randy Rhoades, especially the Tribute album and the "No Rest For The Wicked" album. All great stuff!
 TheReason_
Msg: 7
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 1/19/2008 1:19:02 PM
I really like Ozzy, he always has songs that hit the charts. Think of anyone else from that era, with new material that is played on the radio. He is one example of a singer that left (or was fired) from a group that ended up doing better than the group ever did. Again he always seems to chart with new songs, that sound current, yet he doesn't sell out. He just does what he does best, work with great musicians and create some great tunes. Sure they aren't all classics like in the old days but he has some good stuff out there.

I would like to hear a new Sabbath album, I would probably buy it.
 toonsmith
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 1/19/2008 10:10:35 PM
Ozzy and the rest of the original Black Sabbath actually were in the studio recording new songs a few years ago. There were news posts on the Black Sabbath website regarding how it was going. But nothing very promising came out of it and Ozzy went on to do his own thing.

There is even a song floating around on the internet where they tried out a new tune live... and it just sort of plodded along. Not very exciting to listen to.

So apparently there are tracks already in the can and just sitting in a vault somewhere from this brief period where they did try to put something together in the studio..... and it just didn't work?

Black Rain had some very good tracks. Stephen King even gave it thumbs up. Ozzy has impeccable taste when it comes to selecting the best of the best around him, and he knows what works for him vocal-wise. But I bet it's getting trickier to keep that energy level up as he gets older?

There will come a time where he will have to just simply pull that crazy train into the station one last time. But I'm sure the old wizard still has a few musical tricks left in his hat.
 horneschwoggle
Msg: 9
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 1/20/2008 8:22:21 AM
Ozzy just Rocks.
If I think they rock, I don't care about their personal life.
When I hear, "No More Tears", on the radio - the volume is cranked and the Cerwin-Vega speakers are pumping so hard that the roof of my house is nearly blown off. Ozzy rules
 Thatguy67
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 1/20/2008 8:17:38 PM
I'm amazed that this guy is still alive!

blonde chickie
Msg: 11
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 1/22/2008 8:03:28 AM
I luv Ozzy, a true genius at his best. I luved him when he was with Black Sabbath and his solo career. He is a master !!!!
 Guess
Msg: 12
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 1/22/2008 4:22:06 PM
yes he is master even if he needs a boerd to read at to remember the lyric of the songs ,but who cares.
 London Lass 59
Msg: 13
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 1/22/2008 5:08:32 PM
I have fond memories of Ozzy from his tv series........

"Sharon, I can't find the f-ing cat"

LMAO

toowild4u
Msg: 14
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 1/23/2008 5:30:34 AM
Regarding Ozzy still being alive, I think he's in a race with Keith Richards of the Stones in that department!
 dreamerdeceiver
Msg: 15
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 1/24/2008 9:24:01 AM
Ozzy?...Diary of a Madman
New Black Sabbath? Heard maybe a new Heaven & Hell.
Anywayz Gillan was the best Sabbath singer, imo.
Ozzy does have charisma-i'll give him that-"Keep on smokin' it!","God bless you all...",
"is'nt this fun..."-Speak of the devil is his best live.Funny- it's all Sabbath stuff.
 The Pranksta
Msg: 16
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 1/24/2008 9:40:33 PM
I like Ozzy live and when Ozzy was with Randy Rhodes,When thows two colaberated it was awsome,don't get me wrong i like Zake Wylde,but i like Ozzy with Randy Roads any day.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 2/2/2008 8:16:46 AM
"Regarding Ozzy still being alive, I think he's in a race with Keith Richards of the Stones in that department!"

Ozzy is one of those rock stars who should have died a long time ago but didn't. He is in good company with Keith Richards and also David Crosby, Iggy Pop, Slash, & Steve Tyler/Joe Perry. (Honourable mention for Syd Barrett who managed to make it to age 60 - R.I.P.)

magica1965
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 2/3/2008 5:33:28 AM
i am a huge ozzy fan for a long time now..i have all his sabbath stuff as well as his solo stuff..he is a true genius in metal history..but in all honesty his voice is not at all where it used to be..as far as doing a sabbath album..well sorry but it will not happen..and to be honest i saw the heaven and hell tour with ronnie james dio..what an absolutely awesome show..i love dios voice better than ozzy..always did..the man is still breathtaking on stage and delivers powerful vocals flawlessly..i am looking so forward to the new heaven and hell album and tour..anyone who saw dio on this tour knows he is the true voice of metal..i am glad dio is staying with sabbath/heaven and hell...its an awsome band with incredible people...but dio can outsing and outshine ozzy onstage easily..and at todays ticket prices i dont want to go to a show where the singer forgets the songs..that will not happen with dio..go see heaven and hell next time out...you wont be dissapointed...ozzy and dio are bothe true legends..and i would not change that for anything.....you cant kill rock n roll.... we are all rock and roll children...
 darklight26
Msg: 19
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:48:17 PM
bite your toung OZZY is the best in metal and everything and for ozzy being a sell out he's not its his wife makeing him do all this crap like the osbourns and you see ozzy still got people try doing what he dose like gene simmons
 g8trgrl2008
Msg: 20
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 9/7/2008 10:33:09 PM
Longtime raging Ozzyholic here!
I'd absolutley LOVE to see him do just one more Sabbath album, but I am losing hope.
I mean hell, he doesn't even do a full Ozzfest tour anymore...just one date this year...WTF?
 TheReason_
Msg: 21
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 9/8/2008 9:59:22 PM

Speak of the devil is his best live.Funny- it's all Sabbath stuff.

That album was done to fulfill a contractual obligation with Sharon's dad Don Arden, who was Ozzy's manager at the time. He had to deliver a live album. They had performances in the can that would be come the Tribute Album. He didn't want to release that album so close to the death of his friend and guitarist Randy Rhoads. He booked 3 dates at (I can't remember now) and slugged out a bunch of Sabbath songs that would become Speak of the Devil. He's never really considered it an album, more of an obligation to get out of an ugly situation with his then management.

Years later he released Tribute, but he sat on it for quite a while. I do like Speak of the Devil, and I think those are my favorite versions of those Sabbath songs. Live is usually better than studio, especially a lot of those older songs. Tribute is an amazing album, and the world truly lost a truly fantastic talent when that airplane crashed. The cover of Tribute just says it all.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 9/9/2008 4:39:55 AM
Speak of the Devil is a good example of an artist having to release product to get out of a bad situation. SOTD was recorded at The Ritz, NYC in September 1982. The album is out of print but I think you can still get it on legal download.

The producer, Mark Norman, once said a couple of songs were recorded in rehersal and audience noise was added later. Funny thing, SOTD competed on the charts and outsold his old band's release of "Live Evil."

MsGone
Msg: 23
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 9/9/2008 3:14:43 PM
Ozzy is great as long as he sings and dont talk!
 rebel777
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 9/9/2008 6:11:35 PM
Ozzy has stood the test of time and he rocks just as he did when he was a kid with Black Sabbath,every album he has ever done is just fkn amazing....my fav is Diary....but I enjoy all of Zacks and Jakes as well...last year they re-issued the Diary of a Madman tour T-shirt.. and my girlfriend bought it for me its hilarious to see the parents at my daughters school,looking at me when I were that shirt...
 FantasyFlavor
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 9/26/2008 3:33:46 PM
I luv Ozzy,always have,always will.He is a legend.I remember the first time I saw him,he was playing back-up to Deep Purple.Needless to say,he rocked us all then & continues to do so even now.I luved his show & never missed an episode.I think it showed sides of Ozzy we would've never known or guessed.Though I like all of his music,I have to say my favorite is one of his newest ones,not his norm but definitely one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard,it's Lay Your World On Me.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Ozzy Osbourne