Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do men say that they are interested when they don't act like it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 smiles0527
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why do men say that they are interested when they don't act like it?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Men, help a girl out! I have met many men who verbally express interest (after meeting), call, flirt, send emails but don't seem to make any plans to get together. Let's assume that they are "really" single. Is it just that they aren't emotionally available?
 Goofie61
Msg: 2
Why do men say that they are interested when they don't act like it?
Posted: 1/18/2008 6:43:00 PM
I am running into the same problem. There was a guy that was IMing me every morning and night, we went on 6 dates. Got along very well, told me he was very interested in me and really liked me and now nothing. Haven't heard from him in 1 1/2 weeks. No explanation, he stopped calling and IMing. Why do guys do that? Lead a woman on then nothing? Why can't guys be honest and not play games?
 smiles0527
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2008 6:48:59 PM
Very frustating........a man and I communicate various ways and meet......all goes well and HE says, I am really interested in you and want to see you......then calls or not and makes NO plans. By the way, I have no issue making it clear that I too am interested!! No guessing games...........
 FRUMPY KNIGHT
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/20/2008 4:57:31 PM
HEY SMILES if i had a date with you id be so wanting to see you again that by the time we parted id be calling you no its just not fair that us guys dont call back a gal because he really did not like her MAN UP FOR CYING OUT LOUD AND CALL HER SAYING IT DID NOT WORK DONT LEAVE HER HANGING THINKING HE LIKED HER WHEN HE DID NOT AT ALL IM AVAILABLE AND WOULD BE HONERED TO DATE AND SEE YOU
 smiles0527
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2008 1:26:27 PM
Thanks Biddo for the nice words. FYI, to all of you have responded to my thread. I have heard from the "most recent" man a few times and he is always saying things like,"we have to get together, I really like you." I do reply with comments like, "I would like that. This is when I am available, let me know when you are ." I have let him know that I am interested and he FLIRTS and FLIRTS!!!! We recently met at a POF function and chatted in person for 3 hours!!!! He walked me out, blew off other woman that were interested (as many were) and we even spoke that night afterwards, as well as a few other times. He is sending mixed signals. I sent him a message and let him know that I won't continue to contact him but would enjoy getting together when he is able and invited him to call when/if he desires. He did contact me and again made no plans!!!!!! MEN!!!!!
 eroticvybez
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2008 3:47:19 PM
PAY ATTENTION TO A MAN'S ACTIONS ...
ACTION SPEAKS THE TRUTH ABOUT A MAN'S WORD...
 Seavoyage
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2008 4:50:39 PM
It is not men, dear, it is that man. If I am interested in a woman, I wanted to see her ASAP. By the way, some women can be complex about that, too, believe it or not. Some men and some women are very simple when it comes to arranging dates, talking on the phone, and seeing each other, but other people just are not, and you have to know how to navigate with them or fit them somehow or not.
 smiles0527
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2008 5:13:35 PM
Crayon, yes I too have had that happen.....go figure. I think that it has to do with energy. Wh en we are happy and put off good energy, we attract others. Exotic, you are sooooo right!!!
 Goofie61
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/21/2008 7:23:28 PM
I as a woman, have ALWAYS told the guy that even though I liked him as a person , I didn't feel any"sparks" for him. It was hard to do that, but I think it's best to be honest. Hey, guys get hurt too, just like us women!!
 chamar
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2008 9:13:25 PM
Wait .... there is a way to act it out?

*walks away to brush up on his mating dance*
 mthomjmark
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/30/2008 3:33:30 PM
Many guys on the internet are looking for hookups, sexy talk, naked photos and sex chat, or plain sex in person.

I'm still shocked at how naive women are sometimes. Make people earn your trust. People move way too fast on the internet; it takes time to get to know someone.
 Sensuous_Knight
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2008 11:58:31 AM
I'm not sure how to answer this original thread, since I'm not one to ignore a woman I'm interested in. And several I've shown interest in, were to busy playing the field to notice my interest in them. But I must say I'm appalled at the people's comments saying to play the game, date around, or screw them back. People that do this, are the ones F***ing it up for those of us who actually believe in a One-Person-Love, a soulmate, and who WANT to try to treat someone with the same respect we wish to be treated with.

I for one, am tired of seeing women's profile who are "Looking for Mr. Right" or their Knight in shining Armor, and then IGNORE when they have someone like that right in front of them to go chase after Mr. Tall Hunky who's going to treat them like shit. You think Men are shallow? HA!

So Ask yourselves:
If you REALLY want a Good Hearted Man, who is genuinely Interested in YOU for who you are inside, ... then Are YOU looking for the Man who is Right on the inside, or just one who looks like a hunk on the outside?

A True Knight
 androgynousvon
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/2/2008 11:25:35 PM

Why can't people(men and women) just be HONEST?

hunnie, cuz they're either cowards or keeping you on the back burner. same reason women do it (except with men, back burner usually means sex and with women, back burner usually means money).
 androgynousvon
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/2/2008 11:34:37 PM

since I'm not one to ignore a woman I'm interested in.

exactly right! the only time someone who is really interested will ignore you is if they're insecure and not sure you really like them. how to fix? easy. let the person know you're interested. that'll allay any insecurities. at that point, if the person doesn't respond with a LOT of interest (both actions and words), then it's either the coward act or the back burner act. i can never figure the back burner mentality, btw. i just can't imagine using someone. i also can't imagine having to pretend i'm more attracted to someone than i really am. for what??? sex or money or something??? hardly worth it. it would gross me out too much! i prefer to not date unless i'm really enamored with the person. i'll wait until i have true interest, thank-you!!! :)
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do men say that they are interested when they don't act like it?