Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > North Carolina  > You're Thoughts and/or Comments about VALENTINES DAY!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pasquel
Msg: 14
You're Thoughts and/or Comments about VALENTINES DAY!Page 1 of 1    
Valentine's Day was created by the Greeting Card Industry to increase sales. It was a fabulous marketing ploy because now look at us? Many women expect to be lavished by thier S.O. and many men dread the day. I can't say I blame them, it's right up there with the "does this make me look fat?" trap.

It's a day in February. I don't want cards, candy, flowers, dinner on Feb 14th. Skip it. If my man loves me, he'll know that I'm much more impressed if he just leaves me a small note that I find in my briefcase at work on that day, or brings me one daisy on a summer day because he saw it as he was driving home and thought of me, or brings me a cup of coffee when I'm studying, kisses me on the cheek and walks back out to watch his football game.

I don't expect my man to spend $100.00 on roses, another $100.00 on dinner, just because society says he should.

If he has children from a former marriage I'm MUCH more impressed if he takes them for the night so his ex wife can go out. That shows me that he's a loving father, (something I admire) may be divorced, but respects his ex for being the mother of his children, and has confidence in us, because he knows I'll love him all the more for it.
 phule
Msg: 18
view profile
History
You're Thoughts and/or Comments about VALENTINES DAY!
Posted: 2/15/2008 7:21:52 AM
I tried reaching out and contacting two women who had viewed my profile.

No dice.

This was Valentines day #13 that passed without even a conversation with a woman that wasn't related to the job I had at the time.

I am glad it is behind me.
Show ALL Forums  > North Carolina  > You're Thoughts and/or Comments about VALENTINES DAY!