Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating and horoscopes      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nachogirlfriend
Msg: 1
Dating and horoscopesPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Tell me if this is weird.... but in the last two weeks I have been getting mail from Taurus men. No other sign....ok I should go back and check. But primarily this sign.

Has anyone else had this experience? Where you see a cluster of one particular sign interested in you?
I had two long term relationships and both were with Capricorns.
Also has anyone ever ruled a person out or in because of their sign?
Thanks for reading,
~T~
 Icestorm
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Dating and horoscopes
Posted: 1/22/2008 3:25:01 PM
Stay away from them. NOT a good sign for you.

I am cautious of certain signs.

My particular favorite is Scorpio.

Lately, other Aquarians have been attracted to me. Normally, as a rule, I stay away from them but, lately, I have been dating them and I was probably right not to in the first place.
 Nachogirlfriend
Msg: 3
Dating and horoscopes
Posted: 1/22/2008 5:55:14 PM
Belly says
I am a cancer and thats why I'm nochoboyfriend!

hahaha you Get it! I had some guy ask me to hang out and have nachos with him.
Cancers may be OK ,,, I have never dated one.
I try to avoid Scorpios... they are usually so hot, I sort of lose my better judgement...

And since I had two ltr's that did not work that were Caps.. maybe I am better off with some other sign.

Thanks for posting everyone!
 ~breathlesshush~
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Dating and horoscopes
Posted: 1/22/2008 6:31:45 PM
I'm a Virgo, and supposedly my two best matches are Taurus and Cancer...

Strangely enough, my son is a Taurus, and my daughter a Cancer..

Their dad, on the other hand is a Libra. I will NEVER , I repeat NEVER date a Libra again....we're like oil and water...very incompatible (I find Libras far to emotional and self-absorbed...sorry if I offend any Libras, just my personal experience with many, many Libras...I know a lot!!)

I find I am contacted by a lot of Capricorns, but they lack follow-through...

I have a weakness for Pisces, but we're not terribly compatible either...

Sigh. Perhaps I should go have my cards read and see what sign is in my future...I'd really like to get rid of the VACANCY sign over my door...
 Ignoble
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Dating and horoscopes
Posted: 1/22/2008 6:35:44 PM
RE: First post.

I find horoscopes to be hogwash and I can hardly remember my own most of the time. Im sure what season or time of the year you were born in affects your perceptions slightly, but not enough to influence your whole personality. Thats just silly. I HAVE noticed that the women who message me with flattery and who rate me as good looking are generally a decade or two older than me. I dont have a problem with that... but I wonder why it is so. lol Like your horoscope thing, I thinks its just a coincidence.
 Change Of Pace
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Dating and horoscopes
Posted: 1/23/2008 1:39:14 AM
Don't pay any notice to signs...I'm a Gemini and I find I have enough personalities to keep me busy...don't worry about anyone elses sign or such.
 Nachogirlfriend
Msg: 7
Dating and horoscopes
Posted: 1/23/2008 6:35:22 AM

The title is misleading here....

Horoscopes are for entertainment....

Yes this is why I didn't title this
"Dating and Astrology" (I know the difference.)

I am inclined to believe that this surplus of Taurus men coming my way was a coincidence.... but what I did not understand that there was NO other sign writing to me within that two week, almost 3 week period.

I would not discount anyone because of their sign.. but I do pick up on the traits of each sign more easily knowing them first hand.

Thanks for posting everyone..... and ~Belly~... I see what you are saying.
~T~
 Nachogirlfriend
Msg: 8
Dating and Zodiac Signs
Posted: 1/23/2008 7:50:44 AM
Yes I should have titled this thread "Dating and Zodiac Signs"
Can I change it?
 AdrianEsquire
Msg: 9
Dating and horoscopes
Posted: 1/23/2008 10:07:14 AM
Just coincidence. Astrology is nonsense.
 cloudthree
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Dating and horoscopes
Posted: 1/23/2008 11:12:45 AM
Yes, I believe that certain signs do click. Being a Libra I seem to blend well with Taurus. Had two Taurus ladies in my life one right after another. Both exceptional women. We are still fast friends
Then another Libra for 16 years, a Leo for 9.5 years, my best was an Aquarius a super lady another Long Termer.
Now I enjoy a great Scorpio lady. We seem to be on the same wavelength, we like so much of the same things.
Sometimes even a good relationship can run out of time for many reasons. My spin on this subject for what it worth.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Dating and horoscopes
Posted: 1/23/2008 12:35:04 PM
I am astrologer, speclializing in compatibility horescopes. I alway ask for a guys complete birthdate before proceeding any further.
There is much more to a horoscope than your Sun sign. Base on your time and place of birth and complete birthdate. There are 12 houses of a astrology chart, each representing a specific department of a person. What sign, each planet beyond Sun sign is in and how that all relates to another person is very important as well as what degree each sign of each planet is into.
 Ignoble
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Dating and horoscopes
Posted: 1/23/2008 12:39:18 PM
Next Time Round: Gahahahahaha. You're a hoot hun.
 Hazel eyes 57
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Dating and horoscopes
Posted: 1/24/2008 8:38:58 AM
I disagree with the above on the Virgo-- my ex was one and he was not practical, loyal, or conservative. I find them to be easy going,wanting to have fun with no regard to the consequences, spendthrifts and want what they want, when they want it. We did have a 23 yr union by the way. It ended because of my independence( he was a bit controlling, or tried to be) and his disloyalty.

I am an Aquarian and tend to stay away from Scorpios as they are controlling, smothering and easily roused to jealousy for no reason. I have a brother and sister who are also Scorpios, so had lived with this sign for a long time( not easy!).

I usually don't care about the signs, but find I am able to pinpoint what a person is by their personality when I meet them. For any sign, they say the one 2 signs away from you are the best matches. Who knows? The hardest part in a relationship is taking 2 distinct personalities and blending them. We all have to learn to make concessions to make things work. If not, we remain by ourselves.......
 swfl_dan
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Dating and horoscopes
Posted: 1/24/2008 1:38:41 PM

Also has anyone ever ruled a person out or in because of their sign?

I've never flat ruled someone out because of their sign, but I'll tell you right now that anyone that is an Aquarius will have to work pretty hard to prove they aren't a typical one - I've had some bad experiences. Ditto, to a lesser extent, with Sagittariuses.

Some signs that I've had repeated good experiences with (Cancer, Taurus, Pieces, and Scorpios) do get bonus "points" so to speak if I'm trying to decide.

Example - a few weeks ago I had 2 women I was chatting with and talking to on the phone. I only had time to meet one for coffee that weekend. Both were fun to talk to and seemed attractive enough in their pics. One was a Gemini, the other an Aquarius. Since everything else was "equal" I decided to meet the Gemini.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating and horoscopes