Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > AM I WRONG FOR TELLING MY FRIEND THE TRUTH , OR SHOULD I HAVE MIND MY      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sexygyalod
Msg: 1
AM I WRONG FOR TELLING MY FRIEND THE TRUTH , OR SHOULD I HAVE MIND MY OWN BUSINESSPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
i have a best friend, who ive been know for 12 years since junior high school,
she recently got a boyfriend 2 years ago and now shes on her second child.
honestly i never liked him for her because i always had a thought in my mind he's a dog, (but that was just my own personal opinion never told her)
i talk to him on a frienship level due to my friend.she's 3 months prego with her second baby, and he email me telling me he dumped her , he's just not in luv with her, never loved her, he only stayed with her because she was prego, but he cant do it anymore, then he starts telling me he's always had a crush on me he likes me etc, he just never told me cuz he was with her, but now hes single , hes wants to do all these sexual thing to me..i told him listen ur stepping out of line , thats my friend , and even if she wasn't i would never talk to you...
i felt kinda guilty and i wanted to tell my friend, but i also was scared because i know that thats her man and women always take their men side, so i didn't want to ruin our friendship.
but i did anyways, i told her what he's been telling ,me and that he's been coming on to me, she call me a lair, a slut, a ****, whore all these diffrent names which really hurts,
because i would never go after someones boyfriend, never .... so i s forward her the messages he's been sending me....and she never got back to me to say sorry or nuthing....
my question is why is it when females meet men they get so blinded, and so stupid that when you tell them the truth , they rather bite ur head off than to deal with it....
 BlahGrim
Msg: 2
view profile
History
AM I WRONG FOR TELLING MY FRIEND THE TRUTH , OR SHOULD I HAVE MIND MY OWN BUSINESS
Posted: 1/27/2008 12:38:44 AM
Pure speculation: A person’s emotions heavily influence how they view the world around them. She wants to be with him so much that any information that attacks that possibility must be rejected. She can either believe that things will work out with him and you are what she called you or that things won’t work out with him.
 nipoleon
Msg: 3
view profile
History
AM I WRONG FOR TELLING MY FRIEND THE TRUTH , OR SHOULD I HAVE MIND MY OWN BUSINESS
Posted: 1/27/2008 1:25:14 AM
He was certainly a cad for coming on to you in such a blatant way.
Don't people have any sense of propriety anymore ?
Naturally, you haven't done anything with him have you ?

You should completely rebuff his advances and not say anything to anyone about it until enough time passes that you feel it might be appropriate.
I know it seems a little dishonest but occasionally you just have to keep quite about some things until everything cools down.
 quietcowboy
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2008 6:11:27 AM
Call me prude, but after reading your profile I really think you should either change it to something more civilized or remove yourself from the site. I suspect that if one of the moderators sees your profile, you no longer will have a choice.
 cncgandolf
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2008 11:52:27 PM
"my question is why is it when females meet men they get so blinded, and so stupid that when you tell them the truth , they rather bite ur head off than to deal with it...."

maternal instinct and relationship preservation (aka denial). Been there, done that. Idiot me. If it had been me the email would have had a reply to him and CC to her which bluntly told him his email was unwanted and out of line and she was your friend and that put him so far off limits to you that he could never ever in this lifetime get near you.

She might still have dumped you. Preservation, ya know. Dang how sicko relationships can ruin perfectly good friendships in their wake.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > AM I WRONG FOR TELLING MY FRIEND THE TRUTH , OR SHOULD I HAVE MIND MY OWN BUSINESS