Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Anger towards ex a concern?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jlizzy
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Anger towards ex a concern?Page 1 of 1    
I'm split up from ex near a year now. Tonight he showed his old car to myself and my dad. One of us might buy it as he's doing a good deal on it.

I tried to be nice and he got snappy in car with me. I also sensed him being rather cold when he arrived. When he got home I wished him well on messenger (he's feeling under the weather). Again coldness to cut a longer story short. It makes me angry and upset.

I'm dating a new guy a few months. I'm suprised after being so incredibly happy since the summer how one evening with my ex can upset/anger me this much? Is it a cause for concern?

Also wondering should I tell the new boyfriend about the car coming from the ex?

Advice appreciated thanks!
Anger towards ex a concern?
Posted: 1/29/2008 6:31:49 AM
The opposite of love isn't hate; its indifference. If he can still push your buttons like that, or you can feel slighted by what you say is his coldness towards you, I'd say you're not quite indifferent yet.
 jlizzy
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 6:36:13 AM
To clarify a few things:
1-I'm only with the new guy since sometime in December.We're not long together and it's a slow moving relationship but I like him A LOT and want to see it go somewhere. Ie don't want to make any mistakes here.
2-I meant I'm happy since summer as in I managed to really change my thinking to a more continuous positive thinking so I've been on a happy streak since the summer and one eve with the ex has me with negative emotions.
3-I just sent him a message to say I hoped he was feeling better coz he's sick. Nothing wrong with that.
4-I didn't spend an entire afternoon with him. He agreed with my dad to come over to ours and I was here so we all had coffee then I went in car with them for quick spin.
5- I definately don't want the ex back and after last night we agreed that any attraction there ever was is gone.
6-If my current bf bought a car of his ex I'm not sure I'd want to be looking at that car every time thinkig about how it belonged to the ex! Hnece I'm debating to say nothing, and with or without exes car, stop contact with him.
 ~blue eyes~
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/29/2008 10:53:24 AM
"1-I'm only with the new guy since sometime in December.We're not long together and it's a slow moving relationship but I like him A LOT and want to see it go somewhere. Ie don't want to make any mistakes here.
2-I meant I'm happy since summer as in I managed to really change my thinking to a more continuous positive thinking so I've been on a happy streak since the summer and one eve with the ex has me with negative emotions.
3-I just sent him a message to say I hoped he was feeling better coz he's sick. Nothing wrong with that.
4-I didn't spend an entire afternoon with him. He agreed with my dad to come over to ours and I was here so we all had coffee then I went in car with them for quick spin.
5- I definately don't want the ex back and after last night we agreed that any attraction there ever was is gone.
6-If my current bf bought a car of his ex I'm not sure I'd want to be looking at that car every time thinkig about how it belonged to the ex! Hnece I'm debating to say nothing, and with or without exes car, stop contact with him."

1. Then stop contact with your ex and give the new guy a fair chance.
2. You may still be a little hung up on him then otherwise it wouldn't have mattered what he had to say.
3.Yes there is something wrong wwith that. How would you feel if your new guy did the same? And if he left you feeling so negative why contact him to see how he's feeling?
4. Who's buying the car, you or your dad? If its your dad than thats his deal and you should have left them to it. It wasn't you business. If your buying it you should know to look elsewhere for a car. Again put your BF in your spot and ask yourself how you would feel about it if it where him and one of his ex's.
5. Why was attraction even being discussed? Your in a new relationship, again reverse the roles and how would you feel if your new BF had a talk with his ex on weather or not they were still attracted to oneanother? That is not a conversation you should have taken part in.
6. So your just going to lie to your new BF.
Man your a great catch.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Anger towards ex a concern?