Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The New Season Of LOST      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 2
The New Season Of LOSTPage 1 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
I am a fanatic myself...I can't wait to see it, then I watch the whole thing scratching my head and in the end I know less than I did to start. Brilliant!

No way that's Hugo - this person (did they say it was a male?) had no visitors. I think realistically at least Hugo's family would have been there. I was thinking Juliet, Ben, or Charlie actually. Especially Ben, who would have gone to see that guy in a coffin? He had only his dead mother and father on the island and basically grew up there with no family. No one on the island would have gone to see him, but I think Jack would have gone there out of respect.

I also thought Sawyer, Kate is apparently in some new relationship and maybe couldn't go without having to explain it?

I don't know...frustrating.
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 4
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/1/2008 2:33:58 PM
I think the person in the coffin is Ben, especially since, when Jack was asked if he was "friend or family", he said "neither". And, since Jack wants to get back to the island, he obviously thinks that Ben was right to stay on the island.

...Of course... it could all be a "red herring"!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 5
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/1/2008 7:09:48 PM
BTW... did anyone catch the "commercial" for Oceanic Airlines during that show that came on after LOST? What are your thoughts on THAT?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 6
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/1/2008 9:11:53 PM
^^^You mean besides three whole seasons? Not much...I don't care what they say, you have to start from episode 1 to really get into it and understand it. Way too many details. The hour long catch ups don't cut it.

I missed the Oceanic thing, I was tired and didn't want to watch that dumb new show to see it. Was it helpful or just useless?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 8
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/2/2008 6:00:19 AM
Maybe the person in the casket is a new person, like one of the Freighter characters...since they are supposed to be a dangerous bunch and all. It could very well be someone we haven't really gotten to know yet.
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 9
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/2/2008 11:17:48 AM
VERY good point, Uglybetty!!!!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 10
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/3/2008 6:04:31 AM
I was rethinking this...I watched the finale of season 3 and the premiere of season 4 back to back, so I am going to ramble here (warning - get out now! lol).

The person in that coffin (as neither friend or family) has to be either someone who means something to Jack because they are close to someone he knows and loves, or it has to be someone who was once very close to Jack and betrayed him, or someone where he feels responsible for their death. Those are the only three people I can come up with that he'd have that strong a reaction to.

I'm not sure now that it's Ben because those people on that freighter are probably after him as well as finding the island - to deal with him for killing all those scientists years ago - I am convinced more than anything Ben's covering his own a$$ on that more than anything, I mean protecting the island is ruining it, but it's also giving him no home to go back to. So IF he died there's no way he'd end up in LA, my thoughts are most would want to keep him alive. And if he died accidentally, he wouldn't be memorialized somewhere he never lived. Unless the six arranged something, and it's clear from the end of season 3 that Jack had no idea until he read that obit.

I am leaning towards Kate's mother, because of the comment she made - I also wonder if the guy she worried would wonder where she was was Sawyer (James). He'd be the only one who wouldn't want her anywhere near Jack after the rescue, and it would also explain some of Jack's comments to her over the phone, such as "I know what you said, but I need to see you".

I also think it could be Locke in that coffin because Jack was once close to him but there was that moment where he clearly would have killed Locke had the gun not been loaded. That was a serious sign of betrayal to them both. What I don't get is how Locke being dead meant Jack should have stayed (unless he and the "Oceanic Six") leaving put everyone else in harms way.

At this time, my thought is that there was a chance for six of them to leave and somehow the rest never did. Most of them are all still alive, but this 6 made a pact to just tell everyone when they got back that they were the only six that survived. Perhaps they were given a choice to give up the other group as hostages in order to go home, maybe in trying to keep the island a secret they had to deter rescuers from going there for the rest, who knows. But from what Hugo said, it seems like those who went with Locke made a bad choice.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 12
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/3/2008 6:05:03 PM

It's the white haired woman Desmond meets in the past, who can see the future just as Desmond did?

If that's the case, then how on God's green earth would Jack not only know, but care that much? Also, wasn't that woman in Scotland?

That does bring up something that REALLY bothers me. In the history episodes they keep saying that Desmond's ability to see the future happened as a direct result of breaking the force field from the hatch. Yet there was a whole episode about how he had those visions long before he left Scotland to join that boat race, and probably before he even left the priesthood. Why did they change that info?

Same with Sun's affair - they said it was due to the fact that they couldn't have children, when in fact it was Jin's spending less time with her and trying to please her father by doing illegal things that drove her to it.

Maybe their continuity people are off their meds?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 24
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/22/2008 6:29:54 AM
Don't know about Claire's baby there was a brief interaction with her and Kate while she was holding him, but I didn't see anything come of it. However, after last night I am almost certain of a couple things.

Kate's baby is Sawyer's. She lied about being pregnant to Sawyer, cut her ties with him, and returned to the beach, where it's obvious her and Jack must have gotten seriously involved. You can tell by what he said to her off the island that he was still in love, but couldn't accept the child. We already know Sawyer had no intention of leaving the island, so Kate probably figured there'd be no need to involve him in life of the child. For me, the child's blond hair clinched it.

My guess is that while or after they leave the island, Jack's told she's pregnant, he thinks it's his child and at some point based on her gestation and the due date he realizes it's not his and she has to tell him she slept with Sawyer long after he thought she did. I just think it's a pride thing.

We do know now the story that Jack's telling about how many survived from the start, which means either something happens to the rest because of the freighter group, or there was only a certain amount who could leave, and the rest are covered up so no one looks for or disturbs the island.

We also know Ben's been on and off the island enough to be known as quite a powerful and rich man in other places.

Love this show!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 26
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/22/2008 3:26:06 PM
^^^Whoa, didn't catch that - I'm watching it again today...very interesting. If that's true, then that means Claire didn't make it and they took Aaron so he'd be ok - no clue why Aaron wouldn't stay with Claire unless she was in some sort of danger or she'd been killed.

But it's clear that if Jack can't be around the kid, that it upsets him too much because of what actually happened.

According to my count, I believe we have about three episodes left - hopefully it'll be a short layover until the writers' new stuff kicks in - I am hoping they'll continue them in April at some point.

Oh, and P.S. my jaw hit my coffee table last night when I saw Josh Holloway in almost nothing. Holy...what a piece of eye candy that guy is!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 33
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/24/2008 4:53:32 PM
Ok, watched the show again - with closed captioning to be absolutely sure. Kate clearly called the child "Eric". So I am back to my theory in message post #49. Sawyer's the father...we shall see what develops...
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 46
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/14/2008 7:51:46 AM
Michael looked like he didn't really know Desmond and Siyad.

I don't think Michael ever met Desmond.
 majestik19
Msg: 51
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/14/2008 5:28:41 PM
ok i just started watching lost half way through last season and i am totaly LOST literally...I was sad to see that jin died last night but what i dont get is who is micheal??
and also a few episodes back there was kate and at the end she had a baby amed arron? isnt that claires babies name?? but kate said to her lawyer ur not using my son im not putting him through that...and then at teh end it showed the baby he looked special needs?? maybe that si why teh lawyer wanted to show the kid to get compation from teh jury for her .
 majestik19
Msg: 57
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/19/2008 6:15:37 PM
my hell is this show every confusing.
I honestly think that its kates baby not claires.
cause wasnt kate preggers but hiding it??
and she said to the lawyer "your not using My son's condtion"
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 58
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/21/2008 7:13:48 AM

Does anyone know how many more episodes we will get after April 24?

Harold Perrineau did an interview locally yesterday, and revealed that as far as he knew (or was told), there would be 5 more for this season.
 majestik19
Msg: 66
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/24/2008 10:20:45 AM
im finding that im getting more confused with the show after reading this forum.
I think im going to rent the box seasons and see if that helps me to follow better.
 majestik19
Msg: 68
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/27/2008 9:12:25 PM
is there a new episode on tonight ??
 flyingiguana
Msg: 73
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 4/2/2008 2:24:17 AM
the first season was decent, but now if i watch it i wanna get lost myself
 silvertoneFTW!
Msg: 86
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/5/2008 8:46:27 PM
Did anyone see the writers on the Jimmy Kimmel show the other night? They mentioned Smokey has "different rules for different people".
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 109
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 12/15/2008 10:56:37 AM
^^^Didn't they announce after third season's finale that there were three more full seasons to go? I was counting on six of 'em.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 113
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 1/20/2009 9:31:54 AM
I'm excited! I have been brushing up on all my season 4 eps on DVD and going over facts on the network site. The season 5 previews look pretty interesting, and using the new Fray song adds a nice touch.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 117
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 1/22/2009 11:35:06 AM
I love the time space continuum theme...and it's cool to see the dynamic of characters possibly crossing paths and it's going to be fun to see all the old characters that died/dissappeared come back again.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 121
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/2/2009 10:21:58 AM
^^^After last week's episode, I am convinced the old woman (if you mean the woman Desmond got to know before he took that boat race) who's using the pendulum and talking to Ben is Daniel's mother, and is the same woman they ran into on the island in the 50s who held them at gunpoint (by Widmore's side) when she was younger. Of course she's in Los Angeles with Ben at this point, which of course puts Penny in danger again since she's planning on going with Des.

I also know now why so many survivors crossed paths and had connections before the plane crash, I feel that some of those earlier scenes were time travel related.

I also now know the scientists are from Dharma, with that "do you think Widmore will find us? It took him 20 years last time, don't hold your breath" comment two of them made early on in last week's show.

Widmore may be Daniel's father or have some kind of relation to him, why else fund his research and all that?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 129
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/23/2009 9:11:42 AM

I don't think Sawyer has the energy or the relaxed attitude to be doing jokes. I think if the writers had him doing too much of that stuff, he would be looked at like an idiot. The situation they are in with people possibly dying from time travel is serious enough that he is not going to be putting forth the Sawyerisms.

That's ok, as long as Josh Hollway keeps the shirt off, I'm glued. I was hoping he and Juliet got it on for a while there.

The show is evolving and changing as it goes along, so to a large extent a lot of things we got sucked in by in the first three seasons will be "Lost".

I wonder if Ben's being "sidetracked" had to to with Penny and child, or had something to do with how the three survivors who didn't look to make it back to the island suddenly showed up at the airport. Being that we're halfway thru season 5, I do expect some important characters to be killed off, so I wouldn't be surprised if Ben didn't at least attempt to wipe Desmond's family out, after all Desmond's son is in effect Widmore's male heir.

I guess the woman who was handcuffed to Sayid was someone who was supposed to be taking him in for the murders involving Hurley (or was paid to make him think that - he certainly didn't look surprised to see anyone tho)? How convenient tho that two passengers are handcuffed again.

I agree that Ben is important to the show, he's like the stepchild - the one who you want to go away but he's too involved with everything to ever see it happen. I like Michael Emerson, he's fun to hate.

I look forward to seeing what path John took from leaving the island to being in the coffin this week. Should be a good one.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 131
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/23/2009 10:02:12 AM
^^^Either that or Ben wanted him cuffed because of the threats he made at the dock against him and Jack ("I want no part of any of this, if I see you or him ever again, believe me it will be very unpleasant for all of us").

Also, I really think that dude from the ticket line who was the only one who ended up on the plane as a passenger not connected to the Oceanic crew (who gave condolences to Jack before boarding) is up to something. How odd is it that Hurley bought all seats but his?

I do think Kate has her reasons for returning (namely, Sawyer) and that she sent Aaron somewhere safe, possibly with Claire's mom. She was awfully touchy about his whereabouts when Jack asked.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The New Season Of LOST