Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > personal dating update...need your help once again everyone!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RoseInTN
Msg: 3
personal dating update...need your help once again everyone!Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
My advice is, if you really like this guy and think he might be "the one" give him time. Don't push, you'll probably end up losing him if you do. Be supportive, he sounds like a sensitive guy. Just be there for him.

JMO
 Black velvet 46
Msg: 4
personal dating update...need your help once again everyone!
Posted: 2/1/2008 10:00:34 PM
Relax....You have only been dating the guy a few months and you want to meet his kids???????? I have a 6 month rule before anyone gets to meet my kids... That way i am sure i am actually into something that's going someplace. One can't just keep bringing new playmates in and out of their kids lives.

Give the guy some room to breath, he has been through alot and need to go at his own pace, you push him and you might find yourself out of a relationship.
 Black velvet 46
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/1/2008 10:11:03 PM
OP says
"Ok so a few months back i had a crush on a guy, i asked him out and it was a success."

Now you come back in and says it's been eight months that you have been dating.....If you're going to yank my sausage will you at least get you time line straight.
 ohellyes
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/1/2008 11:36:03 PM
Wooooooooooooooo... make this clear,, what are you calling the next level ???

You talk'n sex ?? or the RING on the finger .... If it's sex and 8 mons,,, Big Problem here ...... If you want that Ring ??? ..... Your out the door baby .
 kwh56
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2008 8:40:04 AM
Ill try and make this short....Something for you to think about I was divorced after a 23 year marriage. She filed, why I was never told. We had 4 kids. About 2 years after the divorce her Mom died of terminal cancer. She was drinking very heavy! Things got very ugly between her and the kids,To the point she told them she was sick of them and didnt want them in her house anymore. Go live with your Dad! Now Im the divorced full time Dad with 4 kids,2 that are out on their own now. I date some but find it really hard to meet women and worse yet find I have little time to do so. I feel I have to be really concerned with the kids meeting any woman I decide to go out with. My oldest daughter has made the comment she wants to meet any woman Im going out with more than once or twice to be sure I dont get another loser like mom! So the chances of any woman I go out with meeting my kids is slim to none until I meet the one I feel comfortable with enough to introduce the kids too! Yes I know this in a way is the kids ruling my life but on the other hand there is no way I want to subject them to any unnecessary drama after what they have had to go through! The flip side of this is the poor woman that meets my kids is no doubt going to be subjected to scrutiny from my kids because of what they had to go through with their Mom. While Im sure this sounds worse that it will really be to some extent the kids are no doubt going to be just a little protective of me.. IM guessing the OP's b/f might well be in the same kind of boat as me and isnt wanting to rock it just yet till he is sure!
 ohellyes
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/2/2008 5:56:10 PM
* months is a long time,, possible it's to long ......
I can only guess he doesn't have custody of these kid's... so he has then every other weekend ... Now we are not looking at 8 Mons.. in this area,, as we all know, you do not know some one in 8 months ....

If I were you ,,, I would also feel left out or maybe even pushed away....
I have have to ask,, it there more to this,,, are you also being hidden from his ex,,, is there more going on in the courts concerning his last relationship .....

Those little things you may not know about him .... believe it his Divorce is not over till those kids are over 21 years old,,,,,, So he has what we call baggage till that time is up...
 ohellyes
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/2/2008 6:05:39 PM
"When men fall in love they do so quickly..........If he is not in love with you now (after eight months) chances are, he will never be.........."

When a man loves a woman.........he wants to make her happy and he knows it is not all about him.........

Never make someone IMPORTANT in your life when to them, you are only an OPTION!
`~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damn,, Our secret is out .... ... This is the way it is....................
At one time this was called .. " Love at first sight " ... Head over heels " ...and was a very positive thing ....
Now all to often I see this called clingy and a few other very negative terms.. ... Then I see where it's coming from,,,,
 jojoaus
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2008 11:42:02 PM
I would be interested to know
a) How long he has been separated, and
b) Whether he has full custody (although this one is less important)

If he is still cut up about a recent split- and to me, anything under 2 years is recent- then he is being very sensible. Has he had any other g/f since the split? He may just be super sensitive about the children if you are his first attempt at a relationship after the split. He is scared of failing again. And hell, I would be with him 100% on that! Especially if the kids are younger.... My current gorgeous man has still not met my 16 year old after 3 months... though that will change in a few weeks. And I have been alone 10 years! Kids are sacrosanct. Accept this, and accept that his focus is his kids... I bet his caring attitude towards them will translate into a caring man for you to cherish. Good luck....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > personal dating update...need your help once again everyone!