Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ February 23rd 2008 ~ 8:00pm ~ Fun      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 1
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ February 23rd 2008 ~ 8:00pm ~ FunkyTownPage 1 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Saturday, February 23rd @ FunkyTown

Weather Report for the FunkyTown area on 2/23/2008
Partly cloudy with a High of 40 and a low 29... 20% chance of precipitation!

It's time to get funky once again so we are going to head back out to FunkyTown for another great POF meet & greet event! So make plans now to come out and join us and make some new friends, meet some familiar faces and help celebrate the February birthdays and Mardi Gras! Mardi Gras is actually on February 5th this year but we won't let that stop us, now will we? These events are a great way to celebrate your birthday and you know POFer's are always looking for something to celebrate. Anyone and everyone are always welcome to come out and join in on the fun.

FunkyTown is the best mix in town! You can party with old/young, fat/thin, guys/girls, every combo possible. Fun to go alone or bring a group. The zoo is where you go to watch the animals... FunkyTown is where you go to watch the people. This place is the bomb! Especially if you like the retro type music of the 70's and 80's. They serve appetizer type food and it's pretty damn good. The drinks are reasonably priced and they are not skimpy on the alcohol. You get your monies worth. They have a "Stairway to Heaven" area which is a sofa-filled balcony area that over looks the dance floor. The dance floor is huge and has two go-go style cages for you dancers to strut your stuff in. Two bars... lots of bartenders and waitresses. Everyone fits in at FunkyTown. It's a really great place to party. So start making your plans to come out and join us. Anyone and everyone is welcome to come out and join us to have a few drinks, dance their asses off and partake in lots of laughing. So grab your friends and head on out and join us for some fun. Relax, mingle and make some new friends. No pressure, no expectations.

Time & Location Details :
8pm to close (3am)!
FunkyTown
8300 Blue Parkway, Kansas City, MO. 64133
You'll end up turning onto Blue Pkwy Drive off of E. 63rd St. and then follow it around to the Funky Town entrance.
(816) 737-3865
Seating: We have 100 seats reserved under the Plenty of Fish name for this event! The reserved seats will only be held until 9pm at which time the signs are picked and anyone can grab them. So come early and help save tables/seats! FunkyTown can only hold 600 people max.
Cost: $5.00 cover charge. FunkyTown cards everyone so don’t forget to bring that ID with you!

NOTE A: The doors open at 8pm and the music starts between 9:15pm. The 8pm to 9:15pm time frame is the perfect time for you to meet new people, make new friends and dancing buddies, before it gets wild and crazy.

NOTE B: The ultimate goal here is to meet and make some new friends and to just have fun. Keep an open mind; first impressions are not always correct. Be prepared to approach the group. We are generally very friendly to new people, but we can't always tell who is there to meet/join the group. (Sometimes it is easier to come with a member who has been to an event before, or if you are uncomfortable approaching the group, approach an individual who will help introduce you to the group.) You can always approach the event organizer "Host" and ask them for help. We usually have people that will introduce you around if you want or need that. This is not intended to be a hook up meet even though that could happen for some. And again you must remember, these meet and greet events are what "YOU" make them. "YOU" have to take some initiative and say hi and make yourself known to people. So when you come, look for tables marked Plenty of Fish, say hi and grab a seat. Have fun and be yourself that is all we ask. You don't even have to be a member of any site to join us... ever. So grab a friend or two and come on out.

NOTE C: IT IS NOT REQUIRED FOR SOMEONE TO SIGN UP IN ORDER TO COME OUT AND JOIN IN ON THE FUN. IF YOU WANT TO COME OUT BUT DON'T WANT TO SIGN UP THEN DO IT. EVERYONE AND ANYONE IS WELCOME. SIGNED UP OR NOT, MEMBER OR NOT! The sign up thing is just to help us get an approximate number of how many might come and how many seats to reserve or try to save.

NOTE D: Without name tags how do we differentiate the fish from the rest of the crowd? Idea ~ we are going to try band-aids. We are going to ask that all fish wear a band-aid on their left thumb . It can be a plain one or a Disney one, it really doesn't matter what kind. This will be an easy way for people to identify that your with the POF group. It won't tell them who you are but if they see that band-aid and they want to know who you are then they can walk up and ask and not have to worry about someone looking at them like they are crazy

People are welcome to discuss this event and post any relevant comments/suggestions and or ideas they may have. Constructive comments are welcome. Bashing, insulting, or slamming the event or other posters will not be tolerated and those posts will be deleted ASAP. Thank you.

Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

alikat755

Big Ell

burgundy_rose1

cantoo

charlene0729

chassuer123

chichiboop

chieffan

chris_dew_man2

crazylegs9

dancenightly

dancindeb

danman1973

david4175

eric53

ericasdad

gigi046

greeneyes64052

GREYWOLF50

hotkmr73

jennamo

jimri

JustDave52

kat_in_kc

kcblakangel

KCLion

kcsmitty

KCWildflower

kdbugg

lovely

Mr Gummischuh

ngoddess71

Nichole33

one_sweetbabydoll_4u

pegluvsflags

rheablueeyes

slut_wife

stilkidn

strikemaster

travlangl

vibe1969

vickyminks

42 people are attending
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 2
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ February 23rd 2008 ~ 8:00pm ~ FunkyTown
Posted: 2/1/2008 10:27:06 PM
Last time out we had 100 reserved seats and all those were filled up by 8:45pm. FunkyTown has a max capacity of 600 people and we probably had 150 to 200 at the last event. FunkyTown stopped letting people in at 9:45pm due to being at max capacity. Usually if you go outside they will stamp your hand and let you back in. Not last time, if you went out they let someone else in and you had to go to the end of the line. So much for the car bar that night . A lot of people went home rather then wait in line. It wasn’t all that warm outside lol. We highly encourage people to click the sign up button so we can try and gage how many might be coming. We highly encourage everyone to get there ASAP, as close to 8pm as possible. If you’re a first timer and have questions or need help, contact the host. He/she can point you in the right direction. Also... make sure to check out the new NOTE D on the main post!
 Charlene0729
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/2/2008 6:47:16 AM
Band-aid on the left thumb? Hmm... at least this way we can tell who knows their left from their right LOL What happens if I get a boo boo on my right thumb -- do I still need to wear a band-aid on my left???
Actually I think it's a subtle way to let people know that you are a part of the group. Some people don't want to advertise that they are with a singles group - it's like a big "Scarlet Letter".
It's doesn't bother me - I've asked people if they are with POF & have gotten some strange looks. Oh well LOL
The main thing is for people to come out & have a good time.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/2/2008 10:28:54 AM
I was thinking the same thing. We need to get a group of balloons, maybe 3 like last time. Maybe some mylar fish balloons, to mark the main table. Then we can put all the extra bandages that people may bring on that table for others to use. I'll be bringing some extras myself. If anyone finds some cool fish bandages, let me know .
 Charlene0729
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/2/2008 12:18:35 PM
" they cane pick one up" CANE???
What's up with the spelling Tom??? Or is that a subliminal way of telling us you are old & need a cane? By the way.... are you gonna bail on buying us breakfast ????? It's the Dennys across from the stadium. I know you know where it is, so you can't use that excuse this time hee hee. Michelle, maybe "lover boy" will be working
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/2/2008 12:52:18 PM
We used to have a sign in sheet and some where along the line we stopped using it. Someone can bring a sign in sheet and we can leave it on the main table for those that attend to sign. It does help give people an idea of who is there and how many. I'll leave the sign in sheet up to the smart ladies of the group .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/2/2008 1:06:56 PM
If you have a February birthday... shout it out loud and make it known .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/2/2008 2:58:53 PM
I think with Mardi Gras being this month, we should make this our Mardi Gras party also .
 Soonergirlinkc3331
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2008 3:20:10 PM
I won't be able to make this one, but I will see all of you in March!!!!!!!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/2/2008 3:21:16 PM
The more ( @ Y @ ) the better .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/2/2008 4:48:37 PM
We have 3 weeks before this event so start spreading the word, invite everyone you know and chat with to join in on the fun. I will send out the mass email two weeks prior, so that means the weekend of the 16th.
 jennamo
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2008 11:54:16 AM
Hey all... January's was my first POF event and I just wanted to say thanks to all that made me feel welcome. If anyone is thinking about going or hesitant because you don't know anyone... don't be. I'm about as shy as they come until I get to know someone, but everyone started talking to each other and I already felt comfortable while we were still standing waiting for them to open the doors at 8. If you're still not sure, email me and we can set something up and sit together - although once the music starts, there's not a lot of sitting going on...lol

Lisa
 dancenightly
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2008 1:30:35 PM
How should I dress for this event ??
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/3/2008 2:16:35 PM
Wear anything.... I think we'll make this a jeans event. Everyone can wear their best looking... sexiest pair of jeans . I love a woman in a pair of jeans. Thong, jeans and a tramp stamp oh my .
 kdbugg
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2008 6:07:32 PM
Immmmm back!! So question. What is the "main table".
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/3/2008 6:31:15 PM
Usually the one I am at . The big one next to the lamp pole heading back to the back bar. If they give it to us, which they normally do. Know which one I am talking about?
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/3/2008 9:50:17 PM
Glow in the dark . Oh my God.... I just had a weird thought. Glow in the dark condoms over the thumbs . something is terribly wrong with my mind .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/3/2008 10:06:04 PM
I just thought of something else that could be fun to tinker around with, an invisible ink pen. You could write POF or your screen name on the back of your hand and people would see it under the black lights.
 joypassion
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/3/2008 11:14:52 PM
My Birthday is Feb 9th..........party time. Hope i am not sick this time.
 pegluvsflags
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2008 2:59:31 AM
You have to remember the dress code is strictly enforced at the door there Gummi. I have been at the door when girls have been turned away for having jeans on with a few too many holes in them so I know for sure that you theory of "thong jean" won't work!!! But a man can dream now can't he? I think you need some serious help dear sir.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/4/2008 8:59:28 AM
I believe the only dress code FunkyTown has is no hats. No hats except cowboy hats I believe. I'm sure there are other special circumstances when they may turn someone away due to something they are or aren't wearing. The only time I ever saw anyone turned away for something other then a hat was Halloween. And that girl had something to see through on her bottom half. If someone is turned away for their jeans then they're not a normal pair of jeans. If anyone has a question concerning the FunkyTown dress code, they can always call out there and ask them prior to going .
 pegluvsflags
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2008 3:19:35 PM
No they also have had problems with dresses that are too short and tops that might expose breasts. Trust me on this Gummi. I'm friends with Tammy that works at the front door.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/4/2008 4:21:28 PM
Well those are special circumstances I think and not the norm. I mean... you do have to wear clothes to get in . FunkyTown isn't a nudest club but wouldn't one of those be great ? I think the normal person wearing normal clothes is the norm here. I mean... let's not scare people away and have them thinking this is some kind of alternative lifestyles strip club or something . People can dress sexy without showing off the goods and get into establishments around town. Ohhhhhhh and me go crazy. I thought I already was crazy but I still like the idea of invisible ink tramp stamps . Give that girl a cigar .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/4/2008 4:23:28 PM
31 and growing at a steady pace . We do have 100 seats reserved and I will send out the mass email on the 9th. I think I said some where the 16th but I wasn't counting right. I hope we hit 50 sign ups prior to the mass mailing . I think this is going to be another great night with another awesome turn out .
 jewel734
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/4/2008 6:36:51 PM
Yes, you lost your mind when you said 'Tramp Stamp". Why dont you explain what that is? I'd love to hear your definition!
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ February 23rd 2008 ~ 8:00pm ~ FunkyTown