Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ March 15th 2008 ~ 8:00pm ~ FunkyT      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 1
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ March 15th 2008 ~ 8:00pm ~ FunkyTownPage 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Saturday, March 15th @ FunkyTown

It's time to get funky once again so we are going to head back out to FunkyTown for another great POF meet & greet event! St. Patrick's Day is Monday the 17th but we will be celebrating it on this Saturday night the 15th! So you know what that means don't you? Wear your green this night! So make plans now to come out and join us and make some new friends, meet some familiar faces and help celebrate the March birthdays! These events are a great way to celebrate your birthday and you know POFer's are always looking for something to celebrate. Anyone and everyone are always welcome to come out and join in on the fun.

FunkyTown is the best mix in town! You can party with old/young, fat/thin, guys/girls, every combo possible. Fun to go alone or bring a group. The zoo is where you go to watch the animals... FunkyTown is where you go to watch the people. This place is the bomb! Especially if you like the retro type music of the 70's and 80's. They serve appetizer type food and it's pretty damn good. The drinks are reasonably priced and they are not skimpy on the alcohol. You get your monies worth. They have a "Stairway to Heaven" area which is a sofa-filled balcony area that over looks the dance floor. The dance floor is huge and has two go-go style cages for you dancers to strut your stuff in. Two bars... lots of bartenders and waitresses. Everyone fits in at FunkyTown. It's a really great place to party. So start making your plans to come out and join us. Anyone and everyone is welcome to come out and join us to have a few drinks, dance their asses off and partake in lots of laughing. So grab your friends and head on out and join us for some fun. Relax, mingle and make some new friends. No pressure, no expectations.

Time & Location Details :
8pm to close (3am)!
FunkyTown
8300 Blue Parkway, Kansas City, MO. 64133
You'll end up turning onto Blue Pkwy Drive off of E. 63rd St. and then follow it around to the Funky Town entrance.
(816) 737-3865
Seating: We have 100 seats reserved under the Plenty of Fish name for this event! The reserved seats will only be held until 9pm at which time the signs are picked and anyone can grab them. So come early and help save tables/seats! FunkyTown can only hold 600 people max.
Cost: $5.00 cover charge. FunkyTown cards everyone so don’t forget to bring that ID with you!

NOTE A: The doors open at 8pm and the music starts between 9:15pm. The 8pm to 9:15pm time frame is the perfect time for you to meet new people, make new friends and dancing buddies, before it gets wild and crazy.

NOTE B: The ultimate goal here is to meet and make some new friends and to just have fun. Keep an open mind; first impressions are not always correct. Be prepared to approach the group. We are generally very friendly to new people, but we can't always tell who is there to meet/join the group. (Sometimes it is easier to come with a member who has been to an event before, or if you are uncomfortable approaching the group, approach an individual who will help introduce you to the group.) You can always approach the event organizer "Host" and ask them for help. We usually have people that will introduce you around if you want or need that. This is not intended to be a hook up meet even though that could happen for some. And again you must remember, these meet and greet events are what "YOU" make them. "YOU" have to take some initiative and say hi and make yourself known to people. So when you come, look for tables marked Plenty of Fish, say hi and grab a seat. Have fun and be yourself that is all we ask. You don't even have to be a member of any site to join us... ever. So grab a friend or two and come on out.

NOTE C: IT IS NOT REQUIRED FOR SOMEONE TO SIGN UP IN ORDER TO COME OUT AND JOIN IN ON THE FUN. IF YOU WANT TO COME OUT BUT DON'T WANT TO SIGN UP THEN DO IT. EVERYONE AND ANYONE IS WELCOME. SIGNED UP OR NOT, MEMBER OR NOT! The sign up thing is just to help us get an approximate number of how many might come and how many seats to reserve or try to save.

People are welcome to discuss this event and post any relevant comments/suggestions and or ideas they may have. Constructive comments are welcome. Bashing, insulting, or slamming the event or other posters will not be tolerated and those posts will be deleted ASAP. Thank you.

Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

angellov

brave_soul_66

Charlene0729

ComingSoon 2U

copenhagenangel72

csj1966

dancenightly

Denarama1970

DLTS

eric53

frodoo

gigi046

hotkmr73

jcw0054679

jennamo

justg2u

kat_in_kc

kcblakangel

KCWildflower

kdbugg

klorielly

lakerat58

markybolton_OP

missouri_dad_1973

Mr Gummischuh

Nichole33

onefineman4u

painter4you

pegluvsflags

pompano2

rmbhc8

spicedsugar33

StreetSlammer

tallman012

34 people are attending
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 2
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ March 15th 2008 ~ 8:00pm ~ FunkyTown
Posted: 2/2/2008 1:06:27 PM
If you have a March birthday... shout it out loud and make it known .
 dancenightly
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2008 1:40:49 PM
MY BRITHDAY IS MARCH 11, STILL only 33+,SO LOOK OUT POF'S MEMBERS,WHAT YOU GOING TO DO WHEN DANCENIGHTLY DANCES WITH YOU IN THE CAGES( SOMEONE)
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/4/2008 5:08:55 PM
St. Patrick's Day is Monday the 17th but we will be celebrating it on this Saturday night the 15th! So you know what that means don't you? Wear your green this night! I have updated the main post so everyone will know . If anyone talks to FunkyTown... we need to try and find out if they have anything going on this weekend, like green beer or special skits.
 dancenightly
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2008 10:46:29 PM
VERY INTERSTING, DO NOT NEED TO SAY ANYMORE UNTILL THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 JustG2U
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/5/2008 5:33:37 PM
I can tell you that Funky Town never does specials and I have never known them to do green beer. As far as special skits I wouldnt plan on that either.. You want to see good skits make sure you go in the month of October. I am very familiar with Funky Town and the staff there including Woody the owner, HE never does drink specials!!!

I will be attending this event and am looking forward to it. I havent attended any POF events so I will be a virgin of sorts. HEHEHHEHEHE
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/6/2008 12:09:45 AM
We are very aware that he never does any drink specials price wise . Haven't been on St. Pats before so I didn't know if they do anything special like some other bars. You never know but I figured it wouldn't hurt to inquire.
 JustG2U
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/7/2008 5:46:13 PM
It would shock me If he did green Beer but hey stranger things have happened.. I will be there this saturday so I will ask and let ya know
 GiGi046
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2008 10:30:51 AM
Jazzmin, You can always take a break and go up on the balcony where there's no smoke, if one of us reserves it like I did for the 2/23 Funky Town. It's not so smoky up there.
 pegluvsflags
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2008 2:54:03 PM
OK dancenightly, I can take the hint about dancing in the cage with you. You know I will be there.
 dancenightly
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2008 10:11:30 PM
Now,how did I get myself into this mess again,did I say something about dancing in the cages at Funkytown,help me out here,I think I have CRS!!!!!!!! OOO,that's right SID was going to take my place,I sure do THANK YOU SID,for stepping up to the plate & helping out a friend,I may have to buy you a couple of drinks for doing that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/24/2008 12:18:24 PM
I ordered me a special t-shirt for this weekends parties and received it in the mail yesterday so i am ready to go for the St Pat's weekend.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/24/2008 2:22:52 PM
Spread the word and invite everyone you chat with. Scour the new members listing and make contact with site newbies. Let them know about your good times and fun event experiences and encourage them all to get off their asses and get involved. Have some fun for once in their lives. I hope those who attended the 2/23 FunkyTown event had fun and that they will all post about their experiences and spread the word. Word of mouth is what grows these events and brings out the people. The more people the more fun. Plus you never know who you'll meet. You might get lucky as some have in the past and meet someone not even on the site. Use the events as a tool in your arsenal of weapons to meet and make new friends.
 Charlene0729
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/24/2008 5:02:42 PM
Gummi, I know this is the green day party but I really don't do green. I'll have to come up with something.
I do know that a certain "foreign" girl's birthday is that weekend. Hmmmm I think a few birthday spankings are in order
FYI "foreign" girl -- I'm getting a room at the Drury Inn (NOT IN THE HOOD! LOL)
If you come out to this event & we don't wear you out on the dance floor, then you need to partake in the antics at breakfast LOL (that's all I'm going to say)
 strikemaster
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2008 9:46:02 AM
I just wanted to say the February event was a blast. I enjoyed meeting all the people I got to get around and meet. Im sure I didnt get to meet everyone. It was also great to see some of the people I hung out with before. I cant wait until March so lets get the whole place to ourselves so everyone join this event and you wont regret this event.
 strikemaster
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2008 9:55:20 PM
Hey there onrey that is not true what is your name. Oh what I probablly dont remember maybe I should check with chelle or maybe I do now. MMMMMM. Oh wait I forgot. Wait I remember you sat in the fourth chair on the west side of the table. HA HA now what LOL
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/27/2008 10:12:02 PM
No it's not the only bar in KC but it is the only bar that will give us 100 reserved seats for the group and is big enough to hold the large crowds be bring out.
 Charlene0729
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/28/2008 4:39:32 AM
I don't consider Funky Town a bar - it's a dance club (a fun one at that!!!) We have many bars in St. Joe but nothing like Funky Town. Once the music starts the dance floor is full the entire night. At a bar, the dance floor will have a handful of people out there until people get drunk enough to dance. Funky Town's dance floor is full enough that even the non-dancers can get out there & hide themselves in the crowd. The music they play just makes ya wanna get out there & dance!
It's also a good place to people watch since there is a wide variety of people - all shapes & sizes, young & old. It's worth the drive for me but if someone knows of another fun dance club that can handle the POF crowd (maybe even a lil further north), I'd be willing to check it out.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/1/2008 9:29:51 AM
I'm getting this craving and an urge to eat at Tasso's... We are going to have to set something up here one night. Possible as a pre-party dinner before an event or something .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/1/2008 11:06:52 PM
Wow... over 50 signed up already for this event and we still have two weeks to go. This one is shaping up to have another good turn out. Possibly the biggest yet. So you won't want to miss out on meeting some really great people and making some new friends. Make those plans now to come out and join in on the fun. Check the main post periodically just in case there I update it .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/2/2008 8:37:28 AM
Yeah... maybe a 2 event day. Early dinner gathering at Tasso's before heading out to a FunkyTown event. Good food and fun atmosphere .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/3/2008 1:24:32 PM
It won't be before this event but we can plan it for the next one... once spring really shows up .
 jshortcake48
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/3/2008 5:34:44 PM
well now this is the first i have heard of it about these parties and boy it sounds great but dang it will be flying back from florida the 15th so doubt i can make that but sure would like to know more about these parties sounds great jo
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/3/2008 6:44:32 PM
That is why you go early like around 4pm so you can get some place else by 8pm.
 Charlene0729
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/3/2008 6:54:37 PM
Are you guys that are heading to St. L gonna be able to party like rockstars or will ya be pooped out? It is Michelle's birthday so I expect the bday girl to get back to this side of the state & be able to celebrate with the KC crowd
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ March 15th 2008 ~ 8:00pm ~ FunkyTown