Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > this event is CANCELLED because of the nasty freezing rain! London Me      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 star-dust
Msg: 1
view profile
History
this event is CANCELLED because of the nasty freezing rain! London Meet and greet at the Palasad on Feb,6.2008Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Lets have another night out
Date: Wednesday February 6.2008
Place: Palasad , in the 8 ball lounge
Address: 777 Adelaide Street North at Oxford, London Ontario
7pm til whenever
Host: Star-dust
Co-host: Wildnan

They have WINGS NIGHT on wednesdays for 39 cents with purchase of a beverage

Everyone is welcome to join, have fun and some laughs, maybe some hugs too, Nan is REALLY good in the hugs department.
so I have an Idea how many people to make reservations for

Marion

I could only get reservations for maximum 20 people,
please remember to sign up anyway
Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

meeks88

SpikeyLady

star-dust

syllie

wubbydub

5 people are attending
 meeks88
Msg: 2
Meet and greet at the Palasad, London, Feb,6.2008
Posted: 2/4/2008 8:12:04 AM
Gang, if I can get Kim to join us, we'll be there!
PS "Mystery", no pinching!!! (AHEM!)

D&K
 star-dust
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2008 12:48:37 PM
I just talked to the man in charge at the Palasad, we are going to be in the 8ball lounge,
Just ask for the plenty of fish party they will point you in the right direction
Marion
 star-dust
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2008 2:43:53 PM
sorry Hugggy, I forgot to post the time, it has been corrected,
we will meet at 7pm, ask for the plenty of fish people at the 8 ball lounge
Marion
 Syllie
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2008 1:45:13 PM
@Fewnrl: I agree with fishowl and nan, why bother to post? And we certainly don't need someone bringing us down. Your opinion of these gatherings may be that they are lame, but the rest of us look forward to our weekly gathering and meeting new people. It beats sitting in the house and being alone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you find what you are looking for with such a negative attitude.

See everyone on Wednesday

-Syllie
 star-dust
Msg: 6
view profile
History
London Meet and greet at the Palasad on Feb,6.2008
Posted: 2/6/2008 6:41:29 AM
I just received a call from the Palasad to confirm the meet and greet tonight.
I hope lots more show up then signed up for this event, come out and have some fun with friends!
See you all tonight.
Marion
 star-dust
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2008 2:01:34 PM
Because of the nasty weather outside, this event will be cancelled for tonight, we can always re-schedule it at a later date
Marion
 star-dust
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2008 4:07:17 PM
Hello, @continuing the search, I tried to notify you by e-mail about this meetings cancellation, but because of your restrictions I could not let you know.
Marion
 Syllie
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2008 4:48:42 AM
Nan, the event near the airport was the adult night. Totally different type of event from Wed night dinners.
Fewnrl, there is no need to trash these get togethers. If you are not interested in attending, that is your perogitive. But that doesn't mean you have to put everyone else down for it. As Nan said, many of us have been attending these for a very long time, and enjoy them. I, myself, have been hosting/attending them for over 2 years now. So I guess that just goes to say, they do something for some people. We have had up to 35 people out to these dinners.

@miss allison, sorry you guys came out on such a nasty night, but some of us that come from across the city, and have to pick people up in different areas, just didn't feel it was safe driving. Or safe for someone with a broken leg to come out on such a nasty night. As Marion said, we tried to notify those that have signed up that the event was cancelled. If the venue knew nothing about the reservation, that is not star dust's fault. The venue should be telling all of their staff about all reservations. I have had this happen to me many times after making reservations at certain venues. I get to the venue, then have to hunt down the person that I made the reservation with, before we could be seated. You have hosted on many occasions, I am sure you can relate to this.

We thought it would be much safer to cancell the event, than to put people in jeopardy by having them come out in such nasty weather. As a matter of fact, there was no event posted for last week, but those of us that go on our own when there is no posting, cancelled last week as well due to the weather. This is winter in Ontario, and the weather is 1 thing none of can control.

-Syllie
 star-dust
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2008 6:19:35 AM
I am sorry to Miss Allison that you came out without checking the posting on POF first.
I did not know that you are back to work after being sick for so long.
And like Syllie has said, we do have a sign-up button for people to let me know who is coming out to these events, even if you don't sign up, the least you could have done is write in the posting that maybe you where thinking of coming out, if you would have done that, I could have let you know about the cancellation.
plus at other events, people have signed up and never showed because of weather conditions or something other then that.
I will be posting this event again at a later date, please feel free to SIGN UP for that event.
Marion
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > this event is CANCELLED because of the nasty freezing rain! London Meet and greet at the Palasad on Feb,6.2008