Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > NEW YORK GIANTS      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Basicniceguy
Msg: 1
NEW YORK GIANTSPage 1 of 101    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
WE ARE THE CHAMPS OF THE WORLD ........THE NEW YORK GIANTS.....For all those who didn't believe we could do it......THIS ONES FOR YOU......A FANTASTIC END TO A GREAT POSTSEASON..............This one will last for a long time and the New England pats will have to swallow the hard pill knowing that we went into arizona and took their perfect season from them.........HATS OFF TO A GREAT TEAM AND THE BEST CITY IN THE USA......NEW YORK
 berreta35
Msg: 2
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/3/2008 9:00:03 PM
Well i was wrong about the New York Giants,they played a excellent game against the Patriots.Eli Manning played a great game and he step up to the plate and the Defense was Awesome by putting alot of pressure on Tom Brady and the offense.Thats all for now but i want to congradulate the New York Giants for winning the Super Bowl.
 AvidArteest
Msg: 3
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/3/2008 10:42:56 PM
Actually, 18-1.

Yuck.

Waste of a year.

Oh well.

Congrats. Again.
 kevinmach
Msg: 4
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/3/2008 10:59:51 PM
From the perspective of someone who is neutral on the issue (but slightly rooting for the underdog), the game was kind of a snooze fest for 90% of the affair. Good thing it had an exciting finish. I don't think anyone saw that coming, not even most Giants fans.

By the way, the Dolphins only had a 14 game regular season.
 ONE2ENV
Msg: 5
view profile
History
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/3/2008 11:22:04 PM
Props to the Giants..However no one should bash the pats. They did something that will prolly never be matched. 18-0 is something to be proud of.

No one has done what they have done, and they are the best team in the last 5 years..

Now new york fans congrats, but plz dont bash.
 AvidArteest
Msg: 6
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/3/2008 11:31:15 PM
72 dolphins are not that impressive.

They never went 18-0.
 extrememale2004
Msg: 7
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/4/2008 12:34:25 AM
I am not suprise that the Giants won and they play like they wanted to win the game at the End. I want to know what does everyone who don't like Eli have to say now.
 fishernick
Msg: 10
view profile
History
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/4/2008 11:56:47 AM
and what would have been the appropriate thing for him to be doing in your opinion? he is on crutches with a broken leg also. what do you think its like to watch your team win the super bowl while all you do is watch, do you think thats easy to do? classless is when you search for negatives in one of the greatest victorys ever. i remember everything you said about eli. well that boat sailed so now you are trying to get a spot on the shockey ferry. give me a break
 kevinmach
Msg: 11
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/4/2008 12:22:07 PM
What was classless and odd was the way the Patriots head coach made his exit before the end of the game, as if to say "Good game guys, but I am not sticking around for you to have your moment."

I am not sure what his reasons were for doing that, but I can't think of many good ones. I guess I would just classify it as strange more than anything.

I am neutral on the issue as I said before, but I think people are going a little far touting Eli as the real hero there. Before everyone starts boo hooing, think about it logically. As a former athlete, I totally respect the pressure he was under, and he did well. But every other pass looked like a near interception. In my opinion, it was a series of desperation plays that payed off. I am not trying to take anything away from him, seriously, but more to say the the MVP was the Giant Defense. That point is so clear it's pretty much unimpeachable. They held the best offense in football to 7 points for 95% of the game?

Manning got the job done, good for him. I just hate how offensive players in just about every sport steal the limelight, and in this case, from the true heros of the game. (yeah, I realize it has to go to one guy, so I dunno what single player on D would get it-but they kept 'em in it)
 fishernick
Msg: 14
view profile
History
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/4/2008 1:31:40 PM
allright, i guess if you did not know he was on crutches i could see what you were saying.
 sum1reel
Msg: 15
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/4/2008 9:51:41 PM
............the Giant's SB victory kinda has some similarity to the 69' Jets win.......the Jets were a major underdog in that one as well....however in the glory of that victory came dissent...even though they had the same talent, the Jets never followed up with an impressive season afterwards!

.......i think there are certain precautions that need to be put in place on a team that wins BIG in an unexpected way!!!..........as it now stands, the Giants can't go any higher, so the challenge for next season will be on how to keep the 'egos' on some of these guys from getting too big.

..........then there is the question of Shockey.....do they really need him as much as they might have thought?.....obviously not!.....having a balanced offense makes you less dependant on just 1 man.
 kevinmach
Msg: 16
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/4/2008 10:10:11 PM

...........the Giant's SB victory kinda has some similarity to the 69' Jets win.......the Jets were a major underdog in that one as well....however in the glory of that victory came dissent...even though they had the same talent, the Jets never followed up with an impressive season afterwards!

I agree. As a matter of fact, I had a disagreement with some kid who claimed that if the Patriots won, we would have all seen history in the making, but since the Giants one, it was just some underdog who one that everyone forget about it.

I am not sure how old he was, but had to explain to him just how wrong he was. From my understanding (football geeks can feel free to call me wrong here), Namath was at best, a slightly better than average Quarterback, and did not do much career wise following this Superbowl victory. Yet I grew up seeing him in commercials as far back as I can remember, and people still know who he is to this day, almost 40 years later!!

Same with the 1980 Miracle On Ice team. Nearly 30 years later, people are still talking about the underdog.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 17
view profile
History
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/5/2008 2:38:05 AM
The Jets Superbowl win imo was the biggest Superbowl game in history, because it changed the face of the NFL's future forever. Before then a lot of people thought that the AFL could never compete against the Elite NFL and the AFL was nothing more then a minor league. The Jets win changed all that and changed the entire look of the AFL soo much that it was one of the biggest reasons for the AFL/NFL merger between the two leagues to what it is today.

I would put the Pats and Giants game the second biggest game in Superbowl History.
 Foster1
Msg: 18
view profile
History
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/6/2008 3:01:01 PM
Patriots forfeit Super Bowl XLII

Thanks to Senator Arlen Specter the Patriots more than likely decided to forfeit Super Bowl XLII. Senator Specter’s focus on Spy-Gate is clearly not in the best interest of the National Football League. Being perfect with an asterisk is clearly not in the best interest of the New England Patriots.

“WASHINGTON (AP) -- Sen. Arlen Specter and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell could meet next week to discuss the league's investigation into spying allegations against the New England Patriots.”

The Week 17 game against the New York Giants, in which the Patriots were to become the NFL’S first regular season team to go 16-0 was scheduled to be shown only on the NFL Network. However after mounting pressure from politicians to make the game available to more viewers. The NFL Network forfeited their position to become the premier football network and scheduled the game to broadcast on CBS and NBC in a landmark simulcast.

Both events were shrouded in liability of antitrust laws. The New England Patriots are as perfect as the law will allow them to be. “Senator Specter and Democratic Senator Patrick Leahy publicly stated that they would review the NFL's antitrust exemption status if they did not agree to allow regular networks to broadcast the game.”

Now ask yourself what does this have to do with sports? Both professional and collegiate Sports are governed by laws, which operate under the leisurely perils of the (Which can be swayed by lobbyist) government. The bottom line to any government or franchise win or loss column depends on taxation. The NY Giants are winners only because the New England Patriots got taxed now you understand antitrust laws don’t follow your heart follow the money.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 19
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/6/2008 8:18:48 PM
"The NY Giants are winners only because the New England Patriots got taxed"

If thats the case then, whatever happen to "No taxation without representation."?

17 let him explain I got to hear this....
 wizardofossington
Msg: 20
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/12/2008 1:22:19 PM
"I was half asleep at the time."

Overkill....Go back to sleep....
 sum1reel
Msg: 21
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/12/2008 10:06:45 PM
@ weather

Way too early to speculate on next year, though. Afterall, the Giants came on strong at the very end of the season so who's to say some other team won't fly under the radar and do the same next year?!

............i can tell you (and others) right now that there isn't an NFL coach, defense/offense coord who won't soon be STUDYING what the Giants did in this season leading up to the SB win!.................all the films/game will be watched and re-watched.........whatever angle the Giants used will soon become public knowledge!

...........the great EDGE that the giants possessed was that they did NOT raise anyone's attention nearly all season long!..........no one believed in them so no one paid any mind to what they were (or were not) doing!!!...it was the perfect camouflage.

........this will NOT be the case next season!....the Giants will need to be ready for this!
 wizardofossington
Msg: 22
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/13/2008 5:31:22 PM
"whatever angle the Giants used will soon become public knowledge!"

You make it sound like the Giants revolutionized the sport of football. They didn't dominate throughout the playoffs because each game were tight scores. The only thing the Giants did is they made better plays than the other team and suprised the league by winning the SB.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 23
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/13/2008 7:22:26 PM
"Time wise and defense."

The only time they really controlled the ball was against the Packers and if you take a look at each game box scores you would see.....Maybe you were too drunk to remember. You know alcohol does lead to psychosis....Do you know what that means?

We all know you are a dreamer.

"Also if I may add......... They had a rough time playing the Giants (won only by 3 and gave up 35 points) Ravens (won only by 3) and Philly (won only by 3) Colts (won by 4) and the Jets defense held them to only 20 points, 2nd lowest to the Giants in the Superbowl. Seems to me these are all tight scores" ............Mr Wiz of OZ"

Several of these games were rallied to victory, but that's besides the point in my earlier post.

"............Mr Wiz of OZ"

You better recognize you hurd....
 sum1reel
Msg: 24
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/14/2008 6:16:31 AM
@ 17

All i've said is that the Giants games will be reviewed and scrutinized by all the coaches...as all successful teams are.

...the Pats are a team who hadn't lost (until the SB) so you could very well bet that all coaching staff will wanna see what the Giants were doing all along......and if there was a special strategy, then it will made known to others!

....as far as the Giants go....they were under everybody's radar all season long....in other words nobody took them seriously...they were expected to lose against all the teams except the Bucs and even if they had lost against them nobody would have been surprised...that is how unassuming they were!...nobody paid much heed to what they were doing!

the team was under no pressure to accomplish anything spectacular this year...so they played with focus, determination and confidence....the fact that shocky (a negative influence) wasn't there also made a good impact!......and for sure they have a good team but psychology has a big part in most winning teams.

i wish them equal success next season.....but the scenario will be different!
 wizardofossington
Msg: 25
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/14/2008 2:03:45 PM
"Time wise and defense. Offense ate the clock in all the games."

This is what you said....

The Cowboys controlled the clock, TB almost split, and the Patriots time was a split too. Giants offense did not eat up the clock in all the games. Like I said early the Giants did not govern the game. They made the right plays to win it.

Drink another one......

I rest my case your honor.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 26
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/14/2008 2:32:51 PM
I can't believe I am arguing with an alcoholic, who thinks he's 17 years old, makes false statements, and then contradicts what he says.

You have a very distorted perceptions of reality.....Don't stop drinking because I love the way it makes you dumb.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 27
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 2/14/2008 5:17:24 PM
"OK OK OK I stand corrected that the Giants did not control the clock in all the games."

I guess there's nothing wrong with being incorrect all the time. That's alright I'll let it slide. Your still my buddy....
 wizardofossington
Msg: 28
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 4/26/2008 3:27:56 PM
Shockey maybe walking with the Saints soon....What is Eli going to do?
 wizardofossington
Msg: 31
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 4/26/2008 8:24:17 PM
I posted it because I knew you were going to respond Senhorinha Crazy.....
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > NEW YORK GIANTS