Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  > Who makes the first move?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 greywolf1
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Who makes the first move?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Well this is interesting ...if your interested and you do make the first move...and she replies yes and as you say (all the right signals are there why now try) the only thing i think is that you should go on the date ..because its the only way you'll find out if it work or not . I guess u have to make it clear where you want from someone.....

But this is only my comment.
 Commonsens
Msg: 3
Who makes the first move?
Posted: 2/10/2008 9:25:25 AM
Well, my friend you are a lot like me in many ways

I never was a hunter, always a pray...for many reasons:

1) men are way to (any women will tell you what) when hunting. I do not want to be like them, as i believe that women has the same right to select and 'hunt" whom they like.

2) in that same spirit, it is a form of respect; to leave space and freedom of movement to the ladies.

3) I am happy with my life, a relationship is a big plus...but not an absolute "desirata" or the main focus of my been on this planet. Not that I am a self centered person, am quite the opposite in fact; simply believe that there is something bigger in life, bigger then me.

4) I can speak in front of thousand of people with ease, dance in a battlefield, evolute in circles where the spot light is on me...no problem....but when it come to the "inner me"; I am far more reserved, close to shyness. Classical education, I guess, play a role into it.

5) I can read people and know what they think before they even think of it; but when it come to the "woman-man" thinking...am so blind, that the girl who want to date me will have to hit me hard behind the head with a baseball bat marked "your mine!".

6) people sometimes place other on a pedestral or something, am a simple guy and i like to think that my personal view of myself should remain humble.

I can probably name a thousand other reasons; but i wish that some had more courage and remember that WE all are just human beings...and simply talk to one to the other.( yeah, I know..I should do the same too....LOL!)

Damned if you do, damned if you don't....indeed.

Now girls, go ahead and jump on malemontrealer...trust me (Commonsens paw of approval); he one of the "great catch" !!! but do your moves!
 Yeronds
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2008 5:39:07 AM
I always feel, as a guy, that I have to make the first move. It's hard for me to do so though, simply because I am always a bit shy with people at first. I have never been approached by a woman, and when I hang with friends, it seems the same way with them, that they (the guys) have to approach the girls first. I guess it's some kind of social stereotype, but a mostly true stereotype in my experience.
 tooyoung
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2008 7:09:06 PM
The Dominant one!
 Dr Rob
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/8/2008 8:32:02 AM

As do many here on a regular basis (which is no excuse), "people who draw random simple minded conclusions" and then shamelessly expose those 'knee-jerk' thought patterns over the internet, are found everywhere, not just in Quebec and/or Canada. The true meaning of thoughtlessness is not about forgetting a birthday or an anniversary.

Clearly, "who makes the first move " (assuming the conditions for a "first move" are there to begin with) will always be based solely on the individual personality traits/life experience of each of the two people meeting.
 Dr Rob
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/8/2008 5:42:40 PM
elusive_obsession wrote:

Go back and actually read the article in the link I posted. Seems you only read the title and there are some really good points that you apparently have missed.

With all due respect, if I'd wanted to read the article, don't you think I would have? Just so you know, I haven't even clicked on the link you left, much less know what the title is. Once again, a wrong assumption on your part.

Hmmmmmm...Do I see a pattern here?

The first part of the message I posted (Msg: 16) was left in response to Msg: 14 and Msg: 15 and the second part was left as a comment regarding the thread topic " Who makes the first move?", not for any other reason.

Have a nice day...or night.

Dr Rob
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/13/2008 9:58:07 AM
Someone who agrees with/has the same opinion as that of elusive_obsession = good attitude.
Someone who disagrees with/has a different opinion than that of elusive_obsession = bad attitude.

elusive_obsession,

Unless you specify in your post who your comments are directed at, and since my post, being the one directly above yours, was left at 8:32 AM and yours was left at 11:07 AM (approx. 2 1/2 hrs later), I felt it safe to assume that the comments were directed at me. In the future, to alleviate any misunderstandings, please make it clear exactly who you're addressing.
 Dr Rob
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/13/2008 3:04:08 PM
elusive_obssession,

You wrote in Post #23 on 3/13/2008 @11:43 AM :

...no one said anything about attitude anywhere on here.

Oh, really?

You wrote in Post #21 on 3/13/2008 @7:05 AM:

(...I doubt it would change your attitude.)

At this point, I suggest you let it go and let sleeping dogs lie.....that is unless, contrary to what you wrote about having "no idea how you guys get so dramatic about stuff like this", you actually enjoy fanning the flames.

tooyoung
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2008 3:00:21 PM
"And he put it on Craigslist?
What would people think of this man?"
ChrisofQuebec,
Are you so sure that a man wrote that
article? what if it is a woman?
Women have as much desire as we do,
and depending on their state of arousal,
they can be very kinky.
I personally love it when their
inhibitions come off with the clothes.
There's a time for slow sweet sex,
but be ready for hard fast sweaty sex.
If you can't handle the heat,
stay out of the bedroom.
P.S.
COQ, those SoCal girls like to f**k hard!
 its really me
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/14/2008 4:44:20 PM
I'm going to bake some prozak brownies for these forums I have to admit it gets pretty amusing when two people who most likely will never meet let alone matter in the others life, duke it out on the net. I have done so myself, but only to set some sorry macho man straight. Have to go bake those brownies now...
 tooyoung
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2008 9:20:38 PM
"May I ask how you would know that?"
Been there, done that.
but these days, watch out!
New study says 1 in 4 has STD.
Protect yourself!
 tooyoung
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2008 5:19:45 PM
Best bet:
Wholesome virgin!
Good luck!
 slybandit
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/18/2008 12:14:09 PM
Hey, chrisofquebec, can I ask you a question?

Would you give me an answer, as in, an answer, rather than just interpreting the question as an attack on you personally?

I understand that you are moving to Southern California, that you do not like it in Quebec, and that is perfectly fine, I do not think that anyone would say that you are not entitled to your opinion.

Why are you so angry? Just about every post I read from you seems to radiate bitterness and hostility, and maybe I would just like to understand why that is.

I mean, fine, if you are angry and you have a good reason or reasons for it, that is one thing. And it is obviously better to vent on some online board than to go and get into a fistfight or something lowbrow like that.

But what use is the anger? Isn't there enough negativity around without adding to it?

And would the moderator please not delete this for being somewhat off-topic?
 its really me
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/18/2008 6:36:06 PM
Off the topic....can we eat our Easter Chocolates now The place you live is what you make it. If you're unhappy no matter where you live, it won't be good enough. Smile and the world smiles with you...frown and you end up with alot of wrinkles

Happy Easter everyone!

P.S. I'm going to make the first move on the Easter Bunny ...shhhh
 tooyoung
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2008 5:57:21 PM
"Who makes the first move?"

ChrisofQuebec....
to SoCal!

Ah, good old USofA
and SoCal good pick, especially!
Run by a former weightlifter,
Ravaged by wildfires and soon floods.
Silicone Valley has become
Silicone State! Good old USA,
Home of the real terrorists!
Their economy is going
down the tubes, a magical
place where the $250,000
house you bought is turned
into a nightmare.

Back to the original question:
Whoever is the horniest!
 tooyoung
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2008 9:52:19 PM
WAY OFF TOPIC!
we want to know about personal relationships, not Countries!
who cares about who runs the Gvmt, who rules you?
We want to know if one gender is more prone to make moves!
I say the women are the ones.
You can make a first move as a man,
and that can be read differently,
depending, on how you make that move,
and what type of move it is.
I say women, because they make the real first move.
In the sense that they ultimately move to our interest.
I don't think any woman would be making any moves
unless they got interest, or are interested themselves.
Because we live in a chauvinistic society,
we assume that it's men chasing women,
maybe we got it all wrong!
Maybe it's the women who are on the chase!
Good luck to all!
May spring be full of LOVE!
Blessings,
Peace out
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/21/2008 8:46:19 AM

Personally, if I'm out with a guy and he doesn't try anything, there are a few things I will assume.

As will I, but then again... if I didn't make any moves either. What's he assuming? probably the same thing I would be (but not that he's gay). And what you assume, too.

No one wins this way, obviously.

I can't see how anyone would think a man wrote that craiglist post, by the way.
Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  > Who makes the first move?