Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > beware the scams      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MadMicko
Msg: 12
view profile
History
beware the scamsPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I played along with a gorgeous russian girl, new it was dodgy from the start and only after a week of chatting on and off she was calling me "Mick my love, the one for me". She was sending me photos of her and her mother and telling me she was organising to come and see me in Brisbane. The day before she was due to fly out, she tells me some extra fees had come up and she needed "only" $850 so she could come and see "her darling". I sent her an email and told her I had a good feeling that she was trying to scam me She never replied,funny that. My names Billy, not silly. It was fun playing along, waiting to see how much money she was going to ask for
 debnco
Msg: 18
view profile
History
beware the scams
Posted: 9/28/2008 5:58:58 PM
I read some stories from the monkey sight .OMG I nearly peed myself Talk about funny .Can't wait for one to contact me .
 Moon_Rocket
Msg: 41
view profile
History
beware the scams
Posted: 4/3/2013 10:37:04 PM

Dearest one,sorry for reaching you through this means it is because i needed your attention.I am Mel Aisha Fatima

Mate, (brizguy) thanks for putting me in touch with Fatima (that is her first name by the way!) This girl is so genuine and lovely and you have so made such a huge mistake. Fatima has totally fallen in love with me after I contacted her thanks to your post here and because of this has decided to split her fathers money with me 50/50!

That's 1.75 mill bro! Ha ha. See guys like you who don't believe in the Christian ethic wind up broke, miserable and lonely, but because I have trusted this wonderful human being I am now on my way to being rich beyond my wildest dreams, happy as a samboy and joined forever with a beautiful 19yo. (yes there is an age difference of some note but I will be gentle, this I have assured her)

And....this is how she is sooo genuine! I said I would open a new account for the money but she INSISTED I just use my existing account to avoid spending any money to open a new one! Brilliant! Not only that, I have included her as a signitary on the account as she suggested because it will be our joint account soon anyways! Saving money already? Yessiree bob!

Oh yes and by the way guys, remember Rob (robbbyg, message 25)

I'm sure some of them just need a couple of hundred to pay for food or their families malaria shots,, its a bad world we live in when some of us are reduced to scamming people for the sake of health

I wish i could help them all

Peace Rob

Well I told her about Rob and, would you believe it? She has a friend who is in almost exactly the same circumstances as her, and, praise the Lord, will be contacting Rob to offer herself to him so he can help her out! Wow, funny how things happen huh? Rob...ask and ye shall receive believer, watch your inbox winner!

It's just Karma I'd recon!

PS. I'm asking if she knows anyone for Hilly.
 tisme_susan
Msg: 42
view profile
History
beware the scams
Posted: 4/7/2013 5:39:47 PM

I love scambaiting , it used to be a hobby of mine.

Scambating, what a great idea. Wouldn't mind trying that myself. When I correspond with someone, as soon as money is mentioned, I'm out of there. It's happened a couple of times...

I've read of women handing over $thousands, one even sold her home to be with a 29 yr old, she was in her sixties.. Although I felt sorry for her, I don't get how they could be so gullible, even after warnings from friends and families.
 virgogidget
Msg: 43
view profile
History
beware the scams
Posted: 12/13/2013 5:51:58 PM
Wow I just posted a lovely little letter about this subject. Im looking at a lovely blank page
 virgogidget
Msg: 44
view profile
History
beware the scams
Posted: 12/13/2013 6:07:51 PM
Be aware of civil Engineers even if they say the live in Australia. Even if they show contracts etc. As I said I posted a lovely letter If they cant spell, bad Ac cents yes he phoned me. wanted 9,ooo then 7,000 Machinery broke down Os. ( oh Dear ) I better get my tissue box. This also happened to a g/f of mine so was pre warned. A male friend as well. All said they where born in Finland. I am the most terrible woman on this earth now because I didn't help him in his hour of need. Lovely Christian man that he is. Lucky I'm a wise woman.
 virgogidget
Msg: 45
view profile
History
beware the scams
Posted: 12/13/2013 6:09:57 PM
Been there not long ago my self. Sorry mate I am a wise woman, He picked the wrong person. wow only 500. Mr Finland from Hobart Australia wanted 9,000 then 7,000 Mind you he is a civil engineer own business, had to fly to China regine to build a bridge, Machine broke down, aaaaaaaww sent all the photos plus the contract. Funny, along time female friend had the same problem different name different type of contract name. But yes another civil Engineer. A man up the road had a lady who sold neck laces etc. She got struck at the same airport needed money. All said they were from Finland.( I'm not against anyone from Finland. Just seems weird. B2 Cheers
 boatbob2q
Msg: 47
view profile
History
beware the scams
Posted: 12/12/2016 12:56:21 PM
A few months ago,I got an Email (out of the blue)no idea WHO this woman was,but,she is from Australia (really) We emailed for more than a month,she sent me many photos,of her,and her children,and her car,with 22 inch rims (are you getting the picture yet) Her Father died,leaving her 27 million dollars (AUS) and an antique store,she couldnt get the money,until she turned 35 years of age. still sounded good (im not stupid) I knew it was coming, then she told me,that she had a ship load of antiques,for her shop,comning from the states. a week later,she told me,she didnt have the money to pay for the custom tax,and would I PLEASE loan her $8,000, she would pay me back in 1 month. I told her The bank wouldnt loan me the money,and I was broke,she went from calling me DEAR,And Boyfriend,to calling me a cheap,low life M..... F.....
 raven_sirius
Msg: 48
view profile
History
beware the scams
Posted: 1/15/2017 11:31:18 PM
I got to the point of being asked for money once. I said to her (?) I would send money if she sent me a photo of herself with today's newspaper. She got really mad at me! Yelled at me! Then disappeared.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > beware the scams