Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Moving Forward      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wanderbaby
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Moving ForwardPage 1 of 1    
I'm so sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you and your daughter. You didn't mention when she died, so I would think it takes a long while to move on. I dont' think you've griefed for your wife yet, you were probably working a lot, taking care of your daughter to really release your emotions. going back into the dating world is scary, but I think it's more when you put so much feelings/emotions investedin someone that mentally it makes you scared to try that with another person without getting hurt.

Have you thought of joining a group for widowers? that way you can relate and help you go forward? try meetup dot com and do a search for that in your area. or at least with single parents.

Are you really ready to date or are you trying to date so that you can get a good relationship with your daughter to bond with?
 packagedealx3
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Moving Forward
Posted: 2/13/2008 12:33:32 PM
Sounds like you may not be done grieving and/or that you are scared that you will become involved, fall in love again, and wind up losing someone else.

I can only imagine what you have gone through but I think it affects us differently than a break-up. With the latter, you feel as if you could have done something and getting into a new relationship is risky but not filled with the same level of potential danger as it may appear in your shoes.

Do some reading and/or go to a counselor to make sure you have worked through your feelings and then I guess you just need to close your eyes and jump.

Making a connection versus being by ourselves is a challenge for all of us, but I would rather do the former than the latter.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Moving Forward