Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > To smoke or not to smoke      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 imalitltpot
Msg: 2
To smoke or not to smokePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
do non-smokers have a better chance at getting favorable responses in the dating scene over smokers

As a non-smoker you will appeal to a different type of person than you will as a smoker. I doubt your luck will necessarily be "better" but just "different". You'll have even better luck if you're a non-smoker who is willing to date a smoker.

~~Tpot, trying hard to avoid jumping on the "smoking is icky" bandwagon.....
 kenharleyride
Msg: 3
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 2/13/2008 2:15:13 PM
well you dont want to date a smoker , sorry you might be missing out on something.
we all have rights , seems they are loosing theirs.................
 TheKidof72
Msg: 4
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 2/13/2008 6:38:19 PM
I just had a guy yesterday who said that we weren't compatible cause I didn't smoke...........and here I have thinking that I was "smoking"........just not in a cancer type of way.
 kenharleyride
Msg: 5
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 2/14/2008 1:58:29 PM
typing on the computer cause brain deadness . im sorry to hear about your son . and i do smell good
 imalitltpot
Msg: 6
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 2/14/2008 2:02:44 PM
Eau de Marlboro?
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 7
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 2/15/2008 1:07:30 PM

Eau de Marlboro?

As a smoker I even found that funny. 2 point for you, Woman!
 ~StL
Msg: 8
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 2/15/2008 11:40:41 PM

Eau de Marlboro?

I must agree that is funny and I don't care who you are.

Ok.. I blew it. I went out tonight to celebrate being single once again.. yes the papers were signed and sealed on feb 14th... well here I am with some of my gal friends and the one is smoking... we are in margaritaville... yeah you got it .. .I said I want a cigarette... ok so I took like 2 hits off of that cigarette.. man oh man....I got light headed feeling and I got sick to my tummy... so does that break the fact that I almost made it to 1 year??? I mean does 2 or 3 hits break my year?

I guess it really doesn't matter.. the fact is I am NOT going back to it... I use to have a diet coke and a cig in place of a meal.. I know I know... so now with eating food.. YIKES it is hard to lose weight and I have gained a few pounds since I quit... say 8 to 10 only but it is tough to drop it now.. .. my dr told me to give it a year for my metabalisum to get straight... but good laurd it is almost a year and I still can't get past a couple of days dieting... damnitttttt
 GiggleItsFun
Msg: 9
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 2/16/2008 8:43:36 AM
Susie,

Dieting is hard even if you're NOT a former smoker! So hang in there!

No, I don't think 2 hits means you started smoking again.

And congratulations for having stopped smoking.

Myra
 ~StL
Msg: 10
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 2/16/2008 12:52:37 PM
Thanks Myra. I tell you.. it has been somewhat difficult..I have gone thru some MEGA stress this past year but I made it thru it with the support of some wonderful friends and a great family. I am actually glad that I took a couple of hits off of that cigarette... I was thinking I wanted to start smoking again. Well, after feeling the way I did after I took those hits.. OMG I really do NOT want to smoke.

I am at an age in my life that, well put it this way. If I were to get sick, it isn't because I haven't tried to take care of me. I do NOT want to be a burden on my son who is an only child. Yeah I know, sounds like a Mom huh? So my next step is to drop these few pounds.. I am very grateful I didn't gain a ton of weight. There are some folks that gain a lot.

kenharleyride
Msg: 11
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 3/3/2008 2:54:02 PM
susie are you implying there are some" FATTIES " on this site.
 butterflykisses31
Msg: 12
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 3/3/2008 4:55:58 PM

You all are cracking me up on here... I do have to say i met kenharleyride on sat night at the BBB and he did smell good..
I am actually one of those smokers that smokes when i am stressed out at work or when i drink so socially i can smoke with the best of them..

All though Eau de Marlboro? was funny....lol
 ~StL
Msg: 13
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 3/3/2008 6:55:54 PM
Now Kenny, I guess first one would have to ask what is your description of a fattie??? hhmm maybe we best not go there.... right now with this extra weight I feel like a fattie.. but hey I haven't smoked.. eventually I will drop my weight... I had good intentions of joining WW this week but with this nasty weather.. NOPE NOT NODDA

I took a vacation day tomorrow.. I am going to sit in the warmth of my home and watch the weather thru the window... I am so ready for spring.

frtnhnfloed
Msg: 14
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 3/3/2008 8:00:57 PM
well, i have dated smokers in the past and i dont have a problem with it, if they r clean smokers. U know, pop in a stick of gum after a cig, or dont smoke in the car cause it gets all in your clothes, as well as the interior and films up the windows and i know this will probably get me beat up LOL but dont smoke in the house either, i have seen some peoples houses that has residue all over everything. Uh naaaaaaaaaaaaaa! thats ok
 imalitltpot
Msg: 15
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 3/3/2008 8:01:59 PM
I think I may have mentioned in another thread that my #1 dealbreaker is smoking/tobacco use.
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 16
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 3/3/2008 8:04:34 PM
yea, tpot, i think i did read that somewhere, on here, i just cant put my finger on it where that was
 butterflykisses31
Msg: 17
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 3/3/2008 9:02:04 PM
tpot did you mention that somewhere?....LOL
 butterflykisses31
Msg: 19
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 3/3/2008 10:30:06 PM
well love a good smelling man bring it on! i will be at the pats party....
 kenharleyride
Msg: 20
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 3/4/2008 7:07:18 AM
susie did i mention that im a fattie , also that i smoke . damn the HI KARATE must be working lol. as far as Stan he smells like somebody shiat on xmas tree lol....
 butterflykisses31
Msg: 21
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 3/4/2008 9:07:32 AM
all i can say is you are cracking me up ken and i sure stan does not smell like that.......lol
 kenharleyride
Msg: 22
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 3/4/2008 6:18:11 PM
thats why i come on here , TO HAVE FUN , and dont take this shiat serious ....
 alpinebryon
Msg: 23
view profile
History
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 3/14/2008 12:21:22 AM
Well I do smoke.But I respect non smokers.I don't smoke in my van if I have non's with me.I never smoke in friends home if they are non's and if I'm out on a date with a non'i never smoke around them I'll wait till the date's over and for chance its a sleep over I'll wait till my date leave's or I leave.Its all out of respect for others
 ~StL
Msg: 24
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 3/14/2008 11:10:44 AM
HERE I AM.. a REFORMED SMOKER

it will be one year the 25th of this month.... still it tough. There are time I just sit and talk about it.. well that I have quit etc and my mouth will start watering for a cig.. crazy if I should say so myself!!
 kenharleyride
Msg: 25
To smoke or not to smoke
Posted: 3/14/2008 11:12:38 AM
wow susie , i didnt know i made your mouth water lol....................
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > To smoke or not to smoke