Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > This Week In Baseball      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kaos86
Msg: 1
This Week In BaseballPage 1 of 106    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Legendary Hall of Fame former Detroit Tiger broadcaster Ernie Harwell began the first spring training broadcast of each season with a reading from Song of Solomon 2 "For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle(dove) is heard in our land."

With spring training beginning today it's time to talk baseball again.
Tell us about your favorite team and their moves in the off season.
Tell us why you think they have a prayer in beating the Detroit Tigers this year.
 Ezzee
Msg: 2
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 2/15/2008 10:43:15 AM
Because my favorit team is giong to play the Detroit Tigers like 18 times this year and it is almost impossible for a team to beat another team 18 times in a row without suffering a loss.
 Kaos86
Msg: 3
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 2/15/2008 10:47:58 AM
Ok... So the Tigers go 17 and 1 against them. The only question then is will they lose the one at home or on the road?
 blondblueyed
Msg: 4
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 2/15/2008 2:36:09 PM
I am holding off any "fears" of the season so I can just relax and enjoy spring training.
My team made a few moves, but as usual they will just be fighting to stay out of last place, though the "experts" think the Orioles will get that prize.

I personally don't think any team is completely unbeatable, even the lowly Rays have taken games from the "Evil Empire" on occasion.

I do have tickets to see the Tigers at the end of the month.
 SoxfanJen
Msg: 5
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 2/15/2008 5:24:47 PM
You never know. Good teams on paper sometimes have very bad years. Just look at the White Sox. Its all about working hard and playing as a team. So I keep hope alive.
Go White Sox...
 bpazjr13
Msg: 6
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 2/16/2008 7:38:57 PM
white sox might take away the ceilar position from the Royals this year...

just what a tigers fan ( one who went to 35 games in 2003 and 4 since) thinks
 SoxfanJen
Msg: 7
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 2/17/2008 1:43:53 PM
Im from Chicago, we have faith
 Fitch83
Msg: 8
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 2/17/2008 10:51:34 PM
The Tigers pitching staff is boom or bust.

Verlander is a machine and a Cy young candidate but after him you have a bunch of question marks. How will Rogers pitch after last season and with him getting up there in age? How will Willis pitch in the american league after two mediocre seasons with the Marlins the past 2 seasons. How will mental midget Bonderman pitch after totally falling apart the second half of last season. There batting order is dangerous but there pitching staff and bullpen have big questions to be answered.
 asheel_heel
Msg: 9
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 2/18/2008 5:41:06 AM
the White Sox have added a couple of players in O Cabrera and Swisher. Hope they've fixed the leadoff woes. They still have the slowest middle of the order in baseball. Crede's a question mark. Last year I felt great going into the season, because there were so many good young arms in the bullpen. Turns out none of them could pitch. Most are still there, still throwing great stuff-have they learned anything? We'll see. They've added some veteran relief but the starters don't appear as good as before.

Cleveland and Detroit look solid. Minnesota appears to be rebuilding. KC is KC. If I had to bet now, I'd say 3rd place, 2nd with a few lucky breaks.
 MrForumsOnly
Msg: 10
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 2/18/2008 7:40:51 AM
All I say is , I wonder how the Los Angeles Dodgers will due this year now that they got Joe Torre. I can't wait for the season.
 Fitch83
Msg: 11
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 2/18/2008 9:00:42 AM
Ya Swisher should have a big year in that bandbox of a stadium. I actually like the Indians the most out of any team in that division and something has to be said for teams who experiance success for the first time and how they usually take the next step the following year. You have to remember the Indians were close to heading to the world series last season with Hafner having a terrible year . If that pitching staff can pitch similar to what they did last year I like them to win that division.
 jonnyj
Msg: 12
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 2/19/2008 3:37:02 AM
the tigers should have no problem winning their division....even with their well-below-par bullpen, their offense should be enough to steal a fair share of the games, and let's face it...that's a very weak division as it is.

Go SOX Go

(my sox are Red, don't you worry)
 Kaos86
Msg: 13
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 2/28/2008 6:42:06 AM
Tigers bullpen sharp in first outing.
Zumaya throws for the first time.
Cabrerra homers in first Tiger at bat.
Tigers smoke the Mets.

This is gonna be fun!
 blondblueyed
Msg: 14
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 2/28/2008 7:10:27 AM
Kaos, try to contain your excitement. The Cabrera first at bat home run was off of the pitcher for Florida Southern.

Yesterday's game was hardly a smoking, the Tigers had a great 7th inning and by then it was mostly the kids. Not a complaint mind you, I personally love watching the newbies, I can see the "Stars" all year long.

The Tigers were down 2-0 before that inning. A really nice triple by Mike Hessman started the rally. I didn't get a chance to find out if taking Magglio out after he was hit by a pitch in the 5th was just precautionary, he was limping quite a bit. Even though I was freezing (I know, I know us Floridians shouldn't complain) I had a great time.
 flipalou
Msg: 15
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 2/28/2008 9:40:43 AM
hey sorry to pipe in here but id like to admit for once that i am a jay fan. ew i cant believe i said that out loud.lol this yrs team is going to be good and really fast. great corner on the left side and the outfield will be one of the best in the game overall. wells,rios and and and whoever, johnson ie. with rolen and eckstein as pickups should be interesting to watch for once. hopefully the doc can get help from the other starters and maybe bj can get back to what he was. loyal fan but not one to admit it always......
 Kaos86
Msg: 16
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 2/28/2008 11:24:59 AM
Hey Blond the Tigers are spanking the Blue Jays 4-1.
Florida Southern ... win
New York Mets ..... win
Toronto Blu Jays... win

Is their any team in baseball that can beat the Tigers?
 Just alittle crazy
Msg: 17
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 2/28/2008 1:49:32 PM
I know its early to say who is winning the series this year. But as a life long Mets fan. Well .... almost a life time. But since 1967 when I lived 2 miles away from Shea. I became a Met fan. This is our year I feel. What a terrible ending of a great season last year. But with new blood in pitching. I think we can do it. My Giants did it so, maybe its a New York Year in sports. Would be nice. I am actually going to a basketball game tonight. Was handed ten tickets to the Nets and Bucks game.

Any one want to come?
 slysterling
Msg: 18
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 2/28/2008 2:26:19 PM
"""...Is their any team in baseball that can beat the Tigers?..."""

4 days of minus 33 degrees here makes it a wee bit hard to be thinking baseball just yet, but why does that statement sound so hilarious?
Oh I know why. The same statement was made by a Detroit Red Wings fan when they were 20 points ahead of the pack as they made the turn into February. One win in their last 10 and Dallas now 5 points back.
Now you have your answer kaos old boy.

Let's go Blue Jays!
 Kaos86
Msg: 19
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 2/28/2008 4:50:57 PM
I figured you would pick up on that one Sly.
Jays did not look so good today.
The Tigers lineup is scary. They start an All-Star at every position.
Pitching depth will be tested. Last year it faltered.
31 days to Opening day at the Copa.

Remember it is 5 points with 3 in hand and defensemen now starting to return to the lineup. Wings can't win anyway... European leadership. Fortunately that does not apply in ball.
Tigers start... 36-4 one better than 84!
 blondblueyed
Msg: 20
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 3/1/2008 5:37:42 PM
Hey Kaos, what happened today? They only tied, just messing with ya!

I spent the weekend in the Orlando/Kissimmee area. Saw the Dodgers play in the Braves park at Disney on Friday. Javy Lopez hit a 2 run homer. Had a decent seat just under and to the left of the press boxes. I saw John Kruk so I am assuming they must have aired that game on ESPN. The Braves won 10-3.

On Saturday I saw the Braves play the Astros in Osceola County Stadium. Small park, but very fan friendly, sat in the 3rd row right behind home plate. Glavine started for the Braves, he looked sharp, though he gave up a solo homer to Ty Wiggington in the 2nd. Francoeur hit a 3 run homer in the 4th. Braves won 7-5. Next stop, Astros at Rays on Wed. (5th).
 Kaos86
Msg: 21
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 3/2/2008 4:05:57 PM
Tigers have to tie and lose one every now and then to keep the commissioners office off their back.
 JBoOz
Msg: 22
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 3/8/2008 9:38:13 AM
Big time METS fan and gettin Johan Santana.. but you guys had the best winter to get willis and miggy.. WOW... Goodluck man..
 Kaos86
Msg: 23
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 3/22/2008 11:31:09 AM
The players union is now investigating the lack of interest in Barry Bonds. It's time to investigate the Players Union!
 blondblueyed
Msg: 24
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 3/22/2008 3:44:42 PM
Supposedly there is an "unusually" high amount of free agents left (especially pitchers) for it being to close to the season, so there is a suspicion of collusion. Rumor has it that Lofton turned down an offer from the Rays, stating he was insulted. No one else seems to be offering anything at the moment. Perhaps it is more of holding out for what they think will be better or they deserve offers than anybody low balling them.

I saw the Tigers lose to the Blue Jays yesterday, nice home runs though.
 ruich
Msg: 25
This Week In Baseball
Posted: 3/23/2008 9:29:25 PM
I watched some of the Mets game today. Wow! Hernandez is going to have a rough time making that comeback. Lead-off double, walk, sac fly to center, hit batsman, broken bat single and a balk. Talk about a rough start! And a fastball that topped out at 84 MPH. Not looking too good for that new leg kick motion of his. None of this would be that big of a deal if it wasn't already nearing the end of March, I guess.

I know they have Pedro and Santana. But Pedro ALWAYS seems to get injured and wear down after the All-Star break. Might be a long year for Mets fans. As much as I hated to see Santana leave my Twins, I hope he has a great year. We get the New York station up here, so at least I can still see him pitch.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > This Week In Baseball