Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > The worst thing you can call with to break a date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AussieChris
Msg: 1
The worst thing you can call with to break a date?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm feeling completely gob-smacked right now.. a "lady" rang me tonight, just as I was about to leave to meet with her (we'd met in person previously, but this was supposed to be the night we got physical) with the excuse that she had to break the date because she had a condom from last night's exercise stuck inside her... is that tacky or what? To say nothing of the fact that I didn't realise she was "dating" a number of other guys.
Comments?
 airplane_geek
Msg: 2
The worst thing you can call with to break a date?
Posted: 5/26/2005 7:47:52 PM
I dunno what you're looking for, but if someone used that line with me, I'd hang up the phone without saying anything else. That's just not cool. At least she called though....
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/26/2005 7:56:42 PM
Im sorry that happenned to you.I need to lay down .Im suddenly feeling ill..........
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/26/2005 8:02:48 PM
Yea definate points for calling,but takes awile to climb back from negative ten thousand
 AussieChris
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/27/2005 11:39:26 AM
Actually, no... it wasn't just our second date or anything like that. And fow what it's worth, I'm certain she was telling the truth: too much information, certainly.
I think that I'd just mistaken her for a person with morals other than those of an alley-cat. I'll be sure to ask a few more questions re: other partners in future... goes to show that just because I am seeing her exclusively, doesn't mean she's doing the same in return. Perhaps there's a lesson there for all of us?
Aussie
 AussieChris
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/27/2005 8:20:38 PM
hi Tweetie, no, she didn't ask to re-schedule, although the speed with which I hung up the phone damn near dislocated my shoulder... I'm pretty sure she didn't get a chance.
Did get a couple of emails after that, telling me how pissed she was... didn't bother to clarify whether she was pissed at being caught playing the field, or just that she wasn't
going to get laid.
Enough of this, I'm sick of thinking about it, it really bothered me to have been so naive and assume that I was in some way "special" to her.
Guys and gals, without preaching, I hope we're learning from this :)
C
 veni vedi vici
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/2/2006 5:57:53 PM
its ok aussie its all for the best!really don't need women like her anyways!!there is a real nice one waiting for you out there!!you'll see!
 AussieChris
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/4/2006 4:26:57 PM
@ Gwenivere, thanks for the kind words, and was nice to meet you too, class recognising class was it? well put Miss, although class isn't a word used often to describe me :)

@ everyone else I have met some very pleasant people here, needless to say it doesn't always work out, but at least most people have the decency to be honest and just say "thanks, but you're not what I'm looking for" or "no spark/chemistry/etc" a miserable few feel the need to block someone they didn't feel a click with, or to make up an outrageous story, but I'm sure they're in the minority.

And yes, for those who wondered - my original post is a true story, not a joke topic,

Oh and yes, I'm aware I tend to p!ss people off sometimes, probably something to do with saying what I think, not mincing words (I'm way too blunt for most) this is unfortunate, but WTF, I am what I am, as Popeye said.

Hope everyone's having a fabulous weekend so far, how's about we put this thread to bed, it's not exactly an uplifting topic, is it?
 dceeeee
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/7/2006 6:19:49 PM
@ QUEEN GUENEVERE : msg 25....I have that framed and used to hang on my wall....isn't it so true, though?

(By the time you are MY age, that means "You've LEARNED a lot!!! )

O/T: My friend used to be an ER nurse, and she has told me of women coming in with things getting stuck, but usually it is because of suction...(ie:bottles)....but a condom??? That's a new one to me! Like everyone else said..better that you found out now...

@ jleiker51- If she was 5'9", and you were 1/2" shorter, then you LIED about your height....you should've EXPECTED the end result!! No, all girls won't leave you over the height issue, but a lot of girls WILL leave you over the LIE!!!

~DC~
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > The worst thing you can call with to break a date?