Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Breakfast In Bed      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LanSir
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Breakfast In BedPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
For me, if I used cheese for eggs in a nest, it would work better with Canadian cheese...
Breakfast In Bed
Posted: 4/27/2008 5:36:44 PM
Wouldn't room service be a better idea and THEN get into bed?

I'm just saying......

~~Beth~~
 Ladybug0503
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Breakfast In Bed
Posted: 1/12/2009 8:49:16 PM
Spinach, Tomato and Feta Omelet

Servings: 2
Preparation Time: 13 min
Cooking Time: 12 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Looking for a way to pack in more vegetables? Try an omelet. The eggs are loaded with spinach and then stuffed with tomatoes and feta.

Ingredients
1 large egg(s)
3 large egg white(s)
1 cup spinach, choppped
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp table salt
1 sprays cooking spray
2 small tomato(es), chopped
2 Tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
4 slice reduced-calorie wheat bread, toasted

Instructions
Combine egg, egg whites, spinach, oregano and salt in a medium bowl; beat until well-blended.
Lightly coat a 9-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet and spread to cover pan. Cook until bottom is lightly browned and firm, about 5 to 6 minutes. With a large spatula, flip omelet and cook other side until center is set, about 3 minutes more.
Transfer omelet to a platter. Sprinkle tomatoes and cheese on one half; fold over other half to cover. Allow to stand 1 minute; cut in half crosswise and serve each piece with 2 slices of toast.
Notes
You can also serve the feta and tomatoes on top of the omelet or on the side.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 10
Breakfast In Bed
Posted: 1/13/2009 1:44:04 AM
Jeeves serve me breakfast in bed, daily.
my favorite from childhood is

1 three minute egg in shell
dry toast points
porage with cream
grapefruit segments, lighty sweetend
freshly squeezed orange juice
black coffee.

Then he draws my bath.
 Okietokie88
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Breakfast In Bed
Posted: 2/11/2009 11:04:30 PM
I'm going to start cursing in a dead thread as a way to vent...I've only had one woman cook for me and that was because she was cooking for her dinner birthday part!!!Hmm and I've never had food in bed made by a woman,God D.am.n.I cook for everyone and sadly well strangely only had men cook for me.What the f.uc.k
 SAguy_06
Msg: 12
Breakfast In Bed
Posted: 2/11/2009 11:11:53 PM
Ah...very good grasshopper.
 lorelei540
Msg: 13
Breakfast In Bed
Posted: 2/12/2009 8:03:11 AM

I cannot have breakfast without brushing my teeth and washing my face first. And all the toilet necessities. Then I will have to think of a warm shower. lol Then might as well have it on the kitchen table.

enchanted107 this makes me think of the book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie." First he needs a glass of milk to go with it, then he needs to clean up his milk mustache, then he realizes he needs a trim, then he needs to clean up the sink after his trim, then he needs to sweep the floor, then he needs to...

Very cute book. =)

As for me I would love for someone to bring me coffee in bed, but beyond that I don't usually feel like eating until I've been up a long while. I like making breakfast in bed for others though.
 CurvesssDaytona
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Breakfast In Bed
Posted: 2/12/2009 10:40:16 AM
Hash browns are easy just a few steps to sucess!

Grate about 3 -potatoes and put them in a colander. Squeeze all the juice you can to get the sticky starch out. Heat some butter (about 3-4 tablespoonfuls) in a heavy fry pan (cast iron is great) Spread the potatoes in one layer in the pan, lower heat to med and cook for about 5-6 minutes then flip the potatoes over and cook for another 5-6 minutes. Yes you will have to separate them into portions to flip them. Season with salt and pepper while cooking. Enjoy!
 SAguy_06
Msg: 15
Breakfast In Bed
Posted: 2/12/2009 4:59:23 PM
Orida has ready shreaded...
 junipermoon
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Breakfast In Bed
Posted: 9/7/2010 6:32:06 AM

Breakfast in bed is not my thing.

nor mine.

if i eat breakfast in bed, does that mean i have to sleep on the table?
 ~JustSimplyMe~
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Breakfast In Bed
Posted: 9/7/2010 10:23:29 AM
I'm glad to not be the only one who dislikes breakfast in bed. I totally appreciate the gesture but breakfast period is not my thing, let alone being expected to force feed myself first thing.
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Breakfast In Bed