Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Scratch, hiss, spit...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Xavery
Msg: 1
Scratch, hiss, spit...Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Why is it when women disagree with one another it is called a cat fight? How come when men disagree with each other it isn't called a cat fight?

I think that by using the term cat fight, people negate all of the participants' view points. The term makes the dispute less valid and one not to be taken seriously.

The other expression that negates a woman's view is "hissy fit."

What are your thoughts on these expressions?
 BonnieB
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 2/16/2008 8:48:21 PM
If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and sounds like a duck...

... it's probably a duck..

It is what it is.
 kue
Msg: 3
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 2/16/2008 8:58:35 PM
cat... pu$$y... women

think the logics somen like that
 Walts
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 2/16/2008 9:13:49 PM
Have you actually watched cats fight???? I mean really, it isn't hard to see the comparsion. I've always said that men are actually better fighters than women. Men, have a tendency to battle "the" problem out, finish, shake hands, then go have a beer together. Women on the other hand, have a tendency to start a fight on one subject, go off on all kinds of tangents and thus, their fights never, ever end. They also lack the ability to "let go". I'm sure I don't have to point out any examples to anyone.
 WesternRose
Msg: 5
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 2/16/2008 9:34:45 PM
Women may have long fingernails.....scratching tools... like a feline.
Hiss....well... the high pitch screeeeeeeech that they make when in fit of anger.

I don't know.. I have only gotten into a tussle with two men...oops..make that 3....wait...now.. I kicked the first two....one in the balls...the other across the chest...now the third man...I use that word lightly...he was my EX...and he was going after me.... I took out the claws and fought like a cougar..mtn lion...big cat...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I am woman here me growl.

I agree.. I think a lot of guys duke it out until someone is oozing blood or is taken away by the cops or the paramedics....and they move on. Never saw any of them shake hands.....hmmm...
 Xavery
Msg: 6
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 2/16/2008 10:05:46 PM
LOL _ I have actually watched cats fight and I know what you mean, Walts. I think women do fight differently than men - although, I am not exactly what sure what the differences are. Rose - I see your point about finger nails and higher pitched screeching.
 mo-mo
Msg: 7
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 2/16/2008 11:01:31 PM
Scratch, Hiss, Spit, Lick, Suck, Swallow, Spank, Flog, Whip, mmmmmmmmmm Latex........Squirt!

MEOW...Prrrrrrrr....
 * L *
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 2/16/2008 11:41:30 PM
oops
I thought this was a thread about male self pleasuring
but it's a .............Kitty thread
 Sn0man
Msg: 9
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 2/17/2008 1:53:30 AM

Have you actually watched cats fight???? I mean really, it isn't hard to see the comparsion. I've always said that men are actually better fighters than women. Men, have a tendency to battle "the" problem out, finish, shake hands, then go have a beer together. Women on the other hand, have a tendency to start a fight on one subject, go off on all kinds of tangents and thus, their fights never, ever end. They also lack the ability to "let go". I'm sure I don't have to point out any examples to anyone.

I like this guy. He's got the learnins. Bang on exactly what I would have said - in words that I wouldn't have thought to say.

Keep posting man - I like the way you think.
 * L *
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 11/9/2008 12:22:54 AM
ya ...right what about Tom Cats - aren't they the ones who are really fighting
not the girl cats..its the TOMS
so a cat fight really is about two males isn't it ?

bigboldgrl
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 11/9/2008 3:15:05 AM
Iv'e heard people call guy fights cat fights too .
 Walts
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 11/9/2008 4:22:07 AM

ya ...right what about Tom Cats

Toms are the ones just walking around minding their own business but will protect their territory when called upon. The females are the ones doing the shiat disturbing walking into other's territories looking for,,,,,,,,well,,,,,,,something. Even after get set straight one evening the female pussycats will still come back for more the next night,,the night after,,,and the night after, till their urge for a need subsides. pussycats can get awfully nasty when they don't get what they want,,,,,when they want it.
 garden variety hoe
Msg: 13
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 11/9/2008 9:36:13 AM
Since women, of which I happen to be one, lack the sheer physical strength of the male species (unless we're talking German speedskaters but that's a different thread) we tend to have to improvise with what we have. This includes but is not limited to nails (talons), long hair, and we can't forget the emotional buildup that simply must be purged.

I liken males fighting to two Silverback Gorilla's, beating their chests in a show of bravado and aggression. The first to back down relinquishes the prize.

Namely the female with the nails, big boobs and long hair.
 UrbanX
Msg: 14
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 11/9/2008 9:54:25 AM
Historically, women in North American society weren't trained or experienced in fighting. As such, when they did get in a fight they tended to flail rather than punch, scratch rather than grapple. More cat than pit bull. I've seen a couple of guy fights that were like that too, but in general men are more socialized for fighting and generally have spent more time imaging and frequently preparing for fighting. Even men that have never been in a fight have internalized images of what they look like when fighting that they tend to adhere to, whether the image has an relationship to effective fighting or not.

Men still make up the majority of the visible warriors, but that's changing. Women are taking tai-bo and boxercise, showing up in dojos in increasing numbers and fighting in mixed martial arts. There are a lot more female fighter role models than there were and there are a lot more trained or at least semi-trained fighters than happen to be women. Frankly, there are a lot of women out there right now that could kick most men's butts. No one would accuse them of having a cat fight unless they were deeply uneasy and were trying to make themselves feel comfortable.

It's an archaic sexist term that's headed for the dustbin, but like most archaic sexist terms it's taking its own sweet time getting there.

Cheers,
Mike (capoeira turns much of stereotypical guy fighting style on its head, often literally)
 Phuqd
Msg: 15
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 11/9/2008 10:50:38 AM
I was unaware that women had valid view points.
The scratching, hail pulling and general flailing that is involved in most womens fights is obviously where the term comes from, but I had to wonder...Where is a Jello Pit when you really need one?
 ritawayward
Msg: 16
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 11/9/2008 11:21:09 AM
It's an archaic sexist term that's headed for the dustbin, but like most archaic sexist terms it's taking its own sweet time getting there.

Agreed!

My last and only fight was when I was ten years old and SHE started it lol!
Seriously, I was a geeky wimp with geeky wimp, albeit much older, brothers.
There was no fighting and no talk of fighting in my childhood household or neighbourhood
AND we were in the military!None in any adult homes of my own.

I have travelled the world and across Canada
and lived in most places I went to. I worked in bars for many years.
For the past 15 years, I have volunteered at schools
and spent a great deal of time there.
Most girls are far more vicious and materialistic than ever before.
There is an epidemic of bullying among them.

Since that first and last cat fight a classmate pulled on me,
while doing some routine arguing at 10, I have never seen or even heard about a cat fight!

I think many people talk about this archaic stuff on here to titillate : P
YES, I said tit!
 Bella™
Msg: 17
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 11/9/2008 1:54:26 PM
I don't hiss or spit ..

FRÊCKLËS~JÕ~®
Msg: 18
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 11/9/2008 4:04:20 PM

Scratch, Hiss, Spit, Lick, Suck, Swallow, Spank, Flog, Whip, mmmmmmmmmm Latex........Squirt!

MEOW...Prrrrrrrr....

[u]omg the head wench has spoken...u tell it like it is girlfriend...xoxo[/u]

O/T
I have seen my fair share of" Cat"fight's as well ...
n i agree... it's a lot of intimidation on the male species..
 garden variety hoe
Msg: 19
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 11/9/2008 4:23:53 PM
Head wench?
When did she enter the building?
Isn't she in another forum "blending" in with the crowd?

It's an inane term.(cat fight) Completely untrue.
Women are learning to fight, but mainly for more altruistic reasons.
Chiefly self-defense or to make big money.
 Lone_Stranger
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 11/10/2008 12:38:35 PM
Since women, of which I happen to be one, lack the sheer physical strength of the male species (unless we're talking German speedskaters but that's a different thread) we tend to have to improvise with what we have. This includes but is not limited to nails (talons), long hair, and we can't forget the emotional buildup that simply must be purged.

I don't think you have a problem there miss err.......why garden variety when you can be better than that ?
Anyways, I feel sorry for the poor guy that gets caught in the middle of this bunch out on a night on the town.......lol .......garden variety hoe, Bella, Freckles and a couple others.......I think they could be a gang ?
 * L *
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 11/10/2008 12:46:37 PM
^^ LMAO...gang....havent you heard of the Rainbow gang ?
accidently changed to rainblow recently.......... we dont spit though
at least not at each other....and um some of the gang like the scratch part and keep it to themselves so no worry there of getting scratched by one of the gang....
ps you forgot the omnipotent mo-mo....she is our leader
 Phuqd
Msg: 22
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 11/10/2008 2:06:53 PM

accidently changed to rainblow recently.......... we dont spit though
at least not at each other.

Good Girls.
Because nobody likes a spitter.
A good cum swap however....
 PhatFat the WaterRat
Msg: 23
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 11/10/2008 3:28:33 PM
^^^ now doesn't that just take us back to the snowballing thread????????
 mo-mo
Msg: 24
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 11/10/2008 3:35:32 PM
mo-mo....she is our leader

Ummmmmm just where is it we are "head"ed ?
Are you sure you want me to lead.

You are correct we do scratch ,hiss , spank occasionally but NEVER Spit.
Snowballs........ how festive MB loves snowballs

Scratch, Hiss, Lick, Suck, Swallow, Spank, Flog, Whip, mmmmmmmmmm Latex........Squirt!

MEOW...Prrrrrrrr.... RRRRRRRRRRRRRainbows
 *Splendid*
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Scratch, hiss, spit...
Posted: 11/10/2008 4:11:44 PM

Anyways, I feel sorry for the poor guy that gets caught in the middle of this bunch out on a night on the town.......lol .......garden variety hoe, Bella, Freckles and a couple others..

Hello ?

Did someone call..........................................Prrrrrrrr.........
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Scratch, hiss, spit...