Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Would you marry someone who wants just to get out their (poor) countr      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dingolover
Msg: 5
Would you marry someone who wants just to get out their (poor) country ???Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
He ain't that poor. He has computer access. And enough intelligence to try to scam you. People made it to this country hundreds of years ago. Came with no money in their pockets to start a new life.

Marriage is out of LOVE. Let him hook up with someone else. Do YOURSELF a favor, hit DELETE.
 rustytalent
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Would you marry someone who wants just to get out their (poor) country ???
Posted: 2/17/2008 9:34:02 AM
I would consider helping out a close friend who was already here and working etc. to stay. The situation almost came up once. But I wouldn't just help anyone I corresponded with online.
 wanderbaby
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2008 5:48:42 PM
if he's educated, has computer access, then he should be smart enough to save money and move out. but I"m sure he's smart for a con artist, that there's potentially somewhere out there that will feel sorry and marry him. But you can reverse it, by having him pay the ticket for you and enjoy a nice trip on him lol.
 overleamd
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2008 3:24:14 AM
If you marry someone to get them a green card and you get caught you open yourself up for a lot of trouble. You have committed a crime so you are a criminal. Even if you do not go to jail you will still have to put out money for a lawyer. Nothing on your computer ever gets erased. There are plenty of things you can do to help people that do not include you ending up with a possible police record.
 Ralph C.
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2008 4:30:24 AM
I'm living poof that marring a poor person can and can't work, my marriage to a poor Dominican lasted 14 years, the first three where hard we moved back to the U.S.A. then she changed, the last 6 years where the worst, she stepped out of the marriage, the only great thing that we produced were the lovely and talented daughters
The question still stands is it worth it my answer is YES, but don't give them the visa to the U.S. keep them in there own country were they'll never forget how the lived and suffered.
SORRY that my feeling's

Take Care
Ralph8119...
 Adam 4 Coffee
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/18/2008 4:37:49 AM
1. Its illegal and you cna go to jail if you get cuaght with marrying someone to grant them citizenship status. a lot of people want to be Americans as much as they complain about this country.

2. Thsi si for his own personal financial gain. He does not care about you.

3. If you do him this favor he may rob you, identity theft, he may steal your credit cards and max them out. he'll do what he has to to get by.

4. Why even consider this?
 Murf167
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/18/2008 1:35:59 PM
I would not be willing to sponsor someone from a poorer country to immigrate to mine in a romantic way. It's like living a lie, I'd never know if she was with me because she truly appreciated me, or just for the quality of life and economic improvements.

It would require a lot of convincing from an eastern European girl for me to begin a romantic relationship with her, and bring her all the way here.
 Kelley-88
Msg: 26
Posted: 2/19/2008 3:39:59 AM
That is a typical scam. I thought they had given up on that because women were not bitting. However, it doesn't cost much to send out 50 millions emails in the hopes that a few desperate foolish women will bite.

Go ahead and prove it to yourself. Email it a few times and receive more nice photos and then it will ask if you can send it money to help pay for the trip over. Then when you send money, it will need more until it bleeds you dry.

Then it will disappear. However, you money will not be a total loss, you will have paid for and gained a much needed education.
 mcbobly
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2008 12:50:08 PM
Not in a million years! I won't be used by anyone for anything like that, ever. Let them find their own way out of their mess.
 URLOVEY
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2008 6:01:58 PM
UHHH NOOO! Do you all forget 9/11? Not to mention it is illegal! Are some of us that desperate?
 ~SillyFilly~
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2008 6:32:07 PM
Do it for money.... Tell him to pay you $10,000 a year for the 4 years it takes to get a green card.
You make $40,000 and if it's true love he'll stick around and if not, at least he paid his way......
(I'm joking here, but you could always try the scam in reverse) lol
 cabindude
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2008 5:48:27 PM
Sounds likea scam to me. A neighbour just went through something similar. Then she needed HELP paying for travel papers....then HELP paying for travel...then, she had landed in our country and needed money......then, had never made it to our country, but was detained by the authorities in her country for not declaring a gift for him....you guessed it....could he please send money?lol
 sunnykatt
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2008 10:47:48 PM
_ell NO!

Fake pictures. Fake profiles.
 Padawan61
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2008 12:13:55 AM
No, can't say that I would. Since the person is from a poor country, it's highly unlikely they would have the money to meet my price. There's a lot of legal and financial hassles to get someone out of their country (through marriage) and I would expect to be well compensated for such a deal.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Would you marry someone who wants just to get out their (poor) country ???