Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Slim men, heavy women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jf468
Msg: 4
Slim men, heavy womenPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

Yes a lot of my larger sized friends love skinny men and will only date them but then they whine if a skinny guy doesn't like them because they are overweight--yet they won't date overweight men...what a joke

These women are definitely hypocrites. Fat women have every right to reject fat men. But they shouldn't complain if a man rejects them due to weight.
 Angelnurse10
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 1:28:49 PM
maybe cause you are saying you like intelligence, someone wh0 is fun, and looks are maybe second on your list. Just because someone is heavy does not mean she doesn't feel she fits in this category.

And actually I don't find a skinny man as attractive as one who is larger and a little overweight
 SueCat51
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 2:31:44 PM
Who says opposites don't attract? My parents, god bless their souls have been married 57 years, and Mother is quite heavy. He thinks she's the most beautiful woman in the world. He has the infinite wisdom to see beyond her outer shell and see her inner beauty. It isn't always the outer package that attracts us, while looks may open the door, they don't guarantee to sustain a relationship for life.
 bearwoman1959
Msg: 9
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 4:00:10 PM
The comedian, Monique says that two fat people shouldn't try to have sex because it's too hard to find each other's "stuff". I concur, based on experience. I prefer men who aren't boney, or don't look pregnant, but if I really liked other qualities about them then I would overlook their body type, as I hope they'd do the same with me.
 soaringangel86
Msg: 12
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 4:22:48 PM
its because women pick out of their league more often than guys do, and it works more often for them
 Kelley-88
Msg: 20
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/18/2008 1:06:25 AM
Is there something about a slim guy that is attractive to a heavy woman?
It happens:
http://www.nevorask.com/Stuff/redneck_wedding.JPG
 justinakrfc
Msg: 25
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/18/2008 8:17:21 AM
I notice this phenomenon some times. I went to a BBW dance one night. Tons of skinny guys! I'm like...dang. Here I am, a bigger guy, thinking, well I like big girls, if I just go to the source I'm bound to find one I like, and already the odds are stacked against me! Yikes. I would have done better in a regular bar. Maybe those girls were thinking that a skinny guy is better than a fat guy, reasons, I don't know, maybe there will be more food left for them at dinner time <--tongue in cheek.

I do not mind so much if a big girl said she was into skinny guys, just don't go with the "why can't they see the inner beauty" excuse when they get a rejection. When you narrow your sights, you are bound to see very few results. I do it, though there is more leeway when it comes to body type for me, I like my women like I like my peanut butter, extra chunky!
 kittybiscuit
Msg: 27
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/18/2008 9:25:17 AM

Is there something about a slim guy that is attractive to a heavy woman?

I'm a skinny guy and the only women who have ever given me first contact are bigger women. I couple of these women have been very attractive, granted, but I'm just curious about whether big women finds a skinny man more attractive.

In my experience, skinny guys are more open to bigger girls. Believe it or not, it's the heavy guys (our bbw equivalents) that are often the most derogatory towards us. It is as if people see them with a fat girl, people will suddenly notice they are fat too!

Skinny guys can also be jerks, but a lot of times, they appreciate a bigger gal. I don't know if it is because they have been shot down enough times by thin/average women who are too insecure to date a man whose pants they can't fit into or what. Maybe they just appreciate soft curves and jiggly bits? I prefer to think that is the case. I have no idea. Perhaps it is as simple as opposites attract.

Myself? I like men of all sizes.
 Ave Caesar
Msg: 38
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/19/2008 5:44:05 PM
Generally speaking, yes.
 missdolly
Msg: 41
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/24/2008 10:44:42 PM
Some women like smothering. ;P

MistressDolly
 WesternRose
Msg: 42
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/24/2008 10:47:08 PM
Speaking for myself...as a Hefty.. a Chubby Chick...a Big Babe.... I like you skinny-arse boyz....cos I like to be the Dominant partner in the relationship.
I am looking for a Lil Boy to Squish...to Squeeze the Juice out of... yup..yup...that is my motivation.

I want a lil snack before I move on to a Big Fish!

I hope that answered your question
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/16/2008 3:08:13 AM
My fantasy guy is a pro football player.

In reality, I don't care about body size. I've dated thin men and have dated men who were 50 lbs. overweight.

So to answer the original question, I can't say that this woman specifically likes skinny men. She likes men, period, with a preference for goatees/mustaches.

Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/21/2008 3:12:39 AM

some guys do a have a BBW fetish. Other than that it's generally a result of some late night drinking, or doing it on the dl for some relief sex.

I've never dated anyone with a BBW fetish. I've never dated anyone who drank around me, and have never had "relief sex."

Makes you think, huh?

I'd tell you why some guys prefer bigger women but why? Just more fodder to pick on fat chicks
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 8/17/2008 10:41:12 AM
It's not like you're rail thin though. I do prefer the emaciated look. I do not think that is tied to me being overweight though. When I lose weight or gain weight, I am not suddenly attracted to different people. Attraction is in my head somewhere, with no connection to what happens to my body, which fluctuates a lot more than what I am attracted to. Why would there be a conection?

It's naturally a bit easier for men to keep weight off and to lose it (their bodies aren't built for carrying babies), so I actually don't run into too many overweight men who want to date me. I have enjoyed some men's bellies in the past though. A little cushion. But yah, it's the stick men that really catch my eye. Don't know where that comes from.

This is a weird post, because skinny girls also are attracted to skinny guys. It's just what people are attracted to. It makes no sense to pick out the bigger ones - that's just presumably what you're not attracted to as much. Our brains are wired to be attracted to those that would make good babies with us or provide well for those babies. Fit and young are going to be attractive. That's just biology. If I get extra resources and gain weight, why should that wiring change?
 geeleebee
Msg: 75
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 8/17/2008 10:49:27 AM
Big girl, here.
Nope; I've never been attracted to skinny men.
Thank God, the man in my life is evolved enough to realize that there is more to our connection than the physical (which is pretty darn great!).
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Slim men, heavy women