Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Does regularly wearing high heels tell anything about a lady?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 missdolly
Msg: 4
Does regularly wearing high heels tell anything about a lady?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Don't get her mad. :0

MistressDolly
 luv2lol
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Does regularly wearing high heels tell anything about a lady?
Posted: 2/26/2008 7:59:09 PM
It's probably because they are short...regular to tall women don't tend to want to be 6+ feet tall so 4+ inches are a bit much. If they just wore regular ones (like 2-3 inches) then it's because they just love shoes/fashion. Many of the images we are being fed these days about how we should look to be fashionable involve very high stilleto heels...reality is most of us can only use them as "printer shoes" (meaning I carry them to where I'm going - like work - and I can only make it to the printer and back to my desk). I used to wear high heels more when I drove everywhere, now I have to walk alot so flats are my new best friend.
 Heydrich
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/27/2008 8:50:22 AM
nah it doesn't at leat i don't think it does
 DarkSkyA
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2008 7:31:59 PM
It could say that she likes the way they look in the store window, on her feet, or with a certain outfit which might in turn imply that she's a fashionista. It could say she likes being taller or having a more pronounced swing in her stride. Perhaps she likes the way her legs or butt look while standing or walking in heels which could mean that she likes the attention she gets when wearing them. Some of the foregoing could imply that she's competitive (in business or vs. other women) and uses high heel shoes as a social power tool.

I don't think most women care about being taller, but I think a good percentage long for longer legs. There are all sorts of wardrobe tools for looking thinner, taller, more buxom, whatever - pencil skirts, black stockings, belts, blouse tailoring. High heels are an apparent leg lengthening device - just an other weapon in women's fashion arsenal.

Consider a business deal with several female attorneys participating. Shoes ranging from flats through business minded three inch pumps to 100mm stiletto sandals. You can't pull off a serious strut in flats, but taller heels force a more confident strut. Maybe the confidence isn't just exuded, but absorbed too - so the shoes aren't just tools to manipulate the psychology of others, they also serve to buttress the confidence of the wearer, much as wearing sexy underwear makes women feel sexier (and more confident) even when no one else knows anything about their undergarments.

High heels are often accompanied by a pronounced click-clack sound on hard surfaces. A wall-flower is not going to be comfortable with the attention that the sound generates, while a high confidence woman can effectively dispatch the attention. That says that the wearer is confident enough to be the center of attention, to command the podium, ... in effect, to be a leader. Women that want to lead or manage others may not need/want to wear heels to effect that power posture, but you can certainly conclude that women that don't want the attention are going to avoid broadcasting that click-clack sound and the heels that generate it.

So... there are multiple motivations for wearing high heels and multiple motivations for avoiding them. The only way to draw a conclusion about the wearer is to talk to the wearer or observe them talking with someone else. Perhaps that's really the core of it - wear high heels, get approached, start a conversation.

Men aren't going to walk up to women and comment on how effective their makeup is - that's going to backfire big time. It's also not politically correct to express your enthusiastic appreciation for their great rack, bubble butt, or whatever - all of which are a consequence of nature or nurture (largely out of their control). On the other hand women aren't born wearing clothes and shoes - there's a huge element of personal taste involved. If you appreciate their sense of style, e.g. in shoes, then you (as a couple) have already made a small step toward an intellectual common ground. That's a good thing, right?

IMHO, high heel shoes are conversation starters. Since you can't have a relationship without some conversations along the way, women that wear high heel shoes are giving guys several things before the relationship even starts:
1) Something pleasing to look at - style, and the aforementioned body enhancing effects.
2) Immediate insight into the woman's sense of style.
3) A politically correct conversation starter.
4) A willingness to sacrifice their own comfort to offer the first three.

If there are guys that think any of the foregoing isn't a gift, or somehow says something negative about women that wear high heels, I think we can safely conclude that there's something seriously psychologically wrong with the accuser.
--------
It could also be that whoever starts threads taunting women to justifying their taste in shoes is really just interested in finding women that like to wear heels.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/24/2008 11:03:32 PM
It tells you she likes to wear high heels...anything else you get from it is probably wrong..they are just heels!!!!!!!!
 ksenia1
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:40:43 PM
Lol, I don't wear them everyday, but I do like the look of them.flats, boots, high heels, never met a shoe that I didn't like..well cept for maybe nursing shoes...
 arwen52
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2008 11:20:24 PM
It tells you that she is more concerned about her appearance than her well-being and that she is very out of touch with her body. High heels are bad for your feet, your knees, your legs, and your back. Watch how women walk in them - their gait is unnatural. Women will insist they can walk normally and are comfortable, but they have adapted to something totally unnatural and bad for their posture. Try wearing high heels some time, if you can find a pair that fits, and you'll see exactly what I mean.

I've also encountered women who wore heels so consistently for so long that they could no longer wear flat shoes because of shortened calf muscles and tendons. They usually had sedentary jobs and were not physically active. They adapt to the discomfort early on. Later, the discomfort comes when they *don't* wear them because their foot and calf adapt to the unnatural position.
 Diadora
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2008 11:00:20 AM
I think you have to ask her. And I have.
Some women put up with a lot of pain to be fashionable. Some find wearing them is very comfortable. If you notice the brows knit together and each step is hesitant then I would say she is willing to be in pain. If there is a lack of pain on her face and she is fluid and graceful in her movements voila! you found someone who can wear them.

I think the trick is to figure out where YOU are and be honest with yourself. And say to hell with what someone else says..... except of course your podiatrist....if he/she says you are heading for a foot problem...... best listen. When you can't stand on your own two feet regardless of what shoes you are wearing your life changes in ways you cannot imagine.
 Invictus01
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/4/2008 11:14:20 AM

oooo, ooooooooo I know the answer!!!

It's compensation for a small penis.

I'd be as pissed off if her penis was bigger than mine as she'd be if my boobs were bigger than hers...
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Does regularly wearing high heels tell anything about a lady?