Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Does plenytoffish work?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 weirdscienceofluv
Msg: 2
Does plenytoffish work?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Some people will say different, but i love P.O.F. and met a beautiful lady ive been with several months now. Without P.O.F. i wouldnt have done that, and its always a fun site to hang on and see how people are doing, its much more than a dating site..........
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 4
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 2/25/2008 2:09:23 PM
Ya. Yes. Indeed. Five months so far. And bless Markus.

SimplyUnique
Msg: 8
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 7/10/2008 6:18:50 PM
No, POF doesn't seem to work. Of the twenty or so people in the last month I've contacted, only 3 have had the decency to even REPLY. Of those, 1 was downright rude, and the other 2 were disinterested.

That's just communications trying to find people to talk to -- I imagine if they're THAT selective about who they talk to, I'd have several orders of magnitude harder time find a "significant other".

On the bright side, even if I don't find friends/contacts/signifcant others here, I'll still have learned a few interesting things and it won't even have cost me a penny.
 Mrsensual2008
Msg: 13
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 7/11/2008 8:30:36 PM
would have to agreee with just andy who said "in a word NO" this site seems filled with overly picky judgmental and mentally twisted women who really dont know hwta or who they want.guess what ladies MR PERFECT does NOT exist so get over it....have had very poor success on here and am glad its free or id feel i was wasting my money for sure...
 Thatguy67
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 7/14/2008 10:53:04 PM
Does POF work? Sure, it works at wasting my time when I could be doing other stuff.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 19
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 7/14/2008 10:55:51 PM
Been ten months now, still going strong, getting better by the day. Love PoF!

&hearts
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 29
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 7/15/2008 1:19:52 PM
Has not worked for me either, but in my case it is understandable.
 Ron429
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 1/7/2010 8:15:51 AM
While it may work for women (I doubt it) it sure as hell doesn't work for men or perhaps I should say me. I have a killer profile, and most women are just gameplayers and like to play on the computer. They definitely are not serious in my opinion about meeting a man for even marriage and/or a long term relationship. So POF is an ego trip for many of them. I haven't even come close to meeting anybody desirable, and those that I do message, simply ignore the request for interest if any. Nah, POF is a sorry excuse for a dating site. I think also that becaue it is free, many feel they do not have any financial interest in their "search" and thus have very cavalier and trivial attitudes about meeting anybody. Many of the women on here need a board certified psychiatrist and/or a psychological counselor.
 Pharoah80
Msg: 39
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 1/25/2010 5:03:59 PM
Maybe, maybe not...honestly I don't really care. Just be yourself. If people can't like you for you, oh well that's their loss. At the end of the day, never change YOU for anyone. Some take it seriously and some don't. My opinion, I guess it can work, but you might be here awhile...then again, every person is different as well.
 Pharoah80
Msg: 41
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 2/1/2010 1:07:16 PM
musicman212...Trust me, I've learned to take pof as a grain of salt. Like people have stated, the fact that the site is free you're going to get a lot of people would just come here to past the time and whatnot. Also, people have a lot of choices and will sometimes overlook who could be the jem in the ruff. So that's why I say it's their loss. I cannot say this site does not work because I met my ex here. the site technically did it's purpose. It's up to the parties to make it work. In my situation I thought it would go somewhere but it didn't.
 31Outdoorsman31
Msg: 50
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/6/2010 6:07:35 PM
I'll echo that!
 breear
Msg: 63
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/15/2010 10:28:22 PM
OMG! This shit is sooooooooooooooo fake I'm ****ing outta here. Good Luck people. If ur smart ur'll figure out that this shit is a big game. Again good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Ron429
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 11/10/2010 9:14:59 AM
You've never discussed anything with me and you're probably projecting about the age issue. If you're thinking I'm suggesting you're nonsensical, lying, and stupid to boot, well, for once you're correct.
 JP1111
Msg: 82
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 1/13/2011 10:44:43 AM
I can only WISH to have had similar erxperiences as those mentioned above but alas for me, it's been about a year now and all I've experienced thus far is MANY Read but never replied to or Read/Deleted :(

Do note that the only reason I am mentioning it here is only to give a more realistic version of what happens on this site :)
 Softy63
Msg: 84
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 1/24/2011 4:01:14 PM
This is my second time here. I joined a few years ago and found it quite sucessful. Had some lovely dates and short term friendships. Had no problems at all.

Coma White, you're correct in what you say about some being married. My dear nephew who is 32 had a bad experience from this site a while back.

Talked to a lady for ages and decided to take her out for dinner. Evening went well..... drinks afterwards in a quiet bar then her HUSBAND turned up! She ran over to him and said "this guy wont leave me alone!"

My nephew felt the force of this man's fist many times. He no longer uses internet dating.
 paulofgroveton
Msg: 92
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 10/27/2011 4:03:59 AM
No truer words were ever spoken!! A complete waste of time.
 Aspy0680
Msg: 94
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 1/26/2012 1:51:37 PM
I agree with you. It does NOT work! There are so many cheaters, liars, crazies on this site. I am really thinking about deleting my account
 ben1731
Msg: 95
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 1/26/2012 3:25:56 PM
yep i have to agree been here 4 years not one date the forum is the best place to really come to i gave up on dating on this site i had speaken to woman over time just were friends and pretty much they have already left im thinking of doing the same .
 peepslob
Msg: 97
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 2/26/2012 5:13:33 PM
I am happy that some people have been successful finding a mate. I have not found anyone from this site. I think it is the area that I reside. There are not that many quality men in this area. When I first registered, I was receiving many email from prospects that did not fit my criteria. I have a variety of nice, good-looking, and ambitious men while living in Europe, but since, I have been back in the US...Nothing. I really think my perceptions have changed, and I don't think I would be happy with an American man.
 Jurkcity
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/8/2012 11:58:20 AM
Your better off playing ur local state lottery...chances are much better there
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Does plenytoffish work?