Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > perpetual energy and other promising inventions      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Boomstrike
Msg: 4
perpetual energy and other promising inventionsPage 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogLeKTlLy5E
That's part 1 of several demo videos on youtube.

There's are reasons why nobody has ever been able to extract energy out of thin air. There have been thousands of claims of perpetual machines, all put forth by deluded charlatans. These people all think they're some sort of genius, but it's their lack of knowledge that makes them think so.
There are so many flaws in this guy's setup it's not funny. At best he has improved the efficiency of an inefficient motor, running under conditions in which the motor wasn't designed for, and that degrades it's efficiency tremendously. This guy should have finished his schooling. To think that he gave up his job and his family for his delusional endeavour is beyond comprehension.
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 10
Perpetual Energy & Other Promising Inventions
Posted: 3/4/2008 10:10:03 PM
I have an idea for what I call a Magnetic Compression Engine. It will combine an old, abandoned design with modern technology, sort of like what's been done with the Nipkow disc in Confocal Microscopy and the use of a motorized color wheel in some DLP televisions.

Also, a device that will take a certain kind of photographic negative and create an opening into the moment in time the photo was taken that will allow time travel.

Okay, the latter is more of a basis for a science fiction story.
 Alex82
Msg: 11
perpetual energy and other promising inventions
Posted: 3/5/2008 12:26:50 AM
read some non-fiction folks, everyone needs to wake up and realize that society as a whole is most definately sheep, and the laws of thermodynamics only apply to closed systems as well as the fact zero point energy IS NOT CONSERVED... all the institutions are arms of the global elite(the a$$holes that OWN YOU) so obviously they aren't going to tell you what you need to know to break free of the chains of slavery, look up some alex jones, read up on tesla(wardenclyff is not what you think it was) their are retiree's of the US gov that have stated anything you can imagine they've been there done that, starwars all that sh!t, look at the peroidic table of elements atleast half of the elements with no known stable elements the US has as stable elements in black projects i would imagine.

Permanent magnets only lose their strength when heated too much or are applied to a stronger magnetic field than their own, not to mention the fact they can lift upwards of 1300X their own weight, by no means is it anti-gravity but used properly it can provide us with immense power, you don't have to believe me but you'll see what i mean soon enough as the powers that be will have no way to suppress what i'll show you.

seriously read up on zero point energy and actually think about possibilities not just what the facts say.

Coral Castle is another good example of what is possible, according to every where i've looked it was built by one man that was shorter and lighter than myself, he was like 5'2"? and some of the blocks weigh a few ton.

Why is it that atop the pyramids there's about 450/v per m3 i think it was? hmm, could they be power plants that are harnessing earths harmonic frequency and sending it to space? or were they put there to be tapped by us?

question everything, just because someone says something doesn't mean they are unquestionably right or wrong(including myself) but you should definately look into matters with your own eyes and take a moment to think and come to your own realization of why we are here, why are we fighting eachother and why do we have a viewing budget of space of about 5% of the sky?(5% was arbitrary i admit but seriously we don't have a Fing clue as to whats out there)

yeah, this is abit of a rant but hell it needs to be heard everyone needs to question alot of things, Hemp isn't bad for you, infact there are labratory experiments that have concluded that delta-9 tetrahydracanibanol kills cancer cells in the brain while leaving normal braincells to function.

do some research, put down your fiction books and look at why shit works and you'll see answers(some you may not want to see)

ps, this is what happens when your single for a long time and have nothing else to do but read about what your interested in, i just happened to be interested in why shit is the way it is
 scorpiomover
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2008 12:35:52 AM

He's created a motor that does not slow down when it produces energy, it speeds up. He's been lambasted for referring it to as a perpetual motion machine (a bit of a misnomer), but he does believe that if perfected it could be used to create vehicles and energy sources that no longer rely on oil.
I once watched a programme on a motor that ran on water, and could have replaced all need for motors that ran on oil. The inventor built it in the 1970s. He was approached by the Oil Companies and offered $1 billion simply for not publishing it. He wanted to help the world, so he refused. Then they threatened his life. Then attacks were made on his life. He was still in hiding, as his life was still threatened.

Last week I visited the Biosphere in Montreal. It's a sphere that now houses a museum dedicated to a modern-day Leonardo Davinci (Bucky they called him), someone who devoted his life to inventing environmentally friendly inventions. He found a way to build incredibly strong dome-shaped houses that were more energy efficient than the ones we currently have and could be built at half the cost. However, he was stopped from manufacturing them because of "obstacles" and building regulations. In fact, overcoming obstacles proved to prevent him from keeping any of his inventions to coming to fruition in the marketplace.
Well, I doubt that this is surprising. Most construction companies are set up to build rectangular homes. So they don't want to have competition. But look at the advantages:
Of course, like all domes, geodesic domes provide an enclosed space free of structural supports. Domes are very strong, actually getting stronger as they get larger. The basic structure can be erected very quickly from lightweight pieces by a small crew. Domes as large as fifty meters have been constructed in the wilderness from rough materials without a crane. The dome is also aerodynamic, so it withstands considerable wind loads, such as those created by hurricanes. Solar heating is possible by placing an arc of windows across the dome: the more heating needed, the wider the arc should be, to encompass more of the year.

Today there are many companies that sell both dome plans and frame material with instructions designed simply enough for owners to build themselves, and many do to make the net cost lower than standard construction homes. Construction techniques have improved based on real world feedback over sixty years and many newer dome homes can resolve nearly all of the disadvantages below that were more true of the early dome homes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geodesic_dome

Think about that. You could build a dome that will survive a HURRICANE. And the bigger the building, the stronger it gets.
Also, from the same article:
Of all known structures made from linear elements, a geodesic dome has the highest ratio of enclosed volume to weight.
So it would be much cheaper to make than a regular house, and as the earlier quote showed, it would be much quicker to make.

But here's the real reason:
From an engineering perspective, geodesic domes are far superior to traditional right-angle post-and-beam constructions. Traditional constructions are a far less efficient use of materials, are far heavier, are less stable, and rely on gravity to stand up.

However, there are some notable drawbacks to geodesic constructions as well. Although extremely strong, domes react to external stresses in ways that confound traditional engineering.
There is no question it's better. But modern engineers just cannot get their heads around it. They just cannot grasp what Buckminster Fuller understood perfectly well. As a result, it is hard for construction companies to get an engineer to make them, and when they do, they cannot afford to pay them cheap wages, on the threat that if they want more money, they can be replaced. The same goes for labour. You cannot just hire anyone for dirt poor pay to build a dome. Plus, both construction companies and furniture companies are built around rectangular housing, so it would make competition for construction and furniture companies, and why would they want that?

It's just big business. If you want an idea to become popular, the best way is to make sure that the people who own the oil companies can make a fortune off it, to the detriment of billions. Otherwise, it's your livelihood against theirs, and when you threaten people's money, the knives come out. At least, that's my experience.
 Alex82
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/5/2008 1:26:08 AM
except for the fact there's a video of the guy drinking the exhaust from his skyline that ran on water. yep huge conspiracy theory some guy poisoning himself(if it wasn't water) just to start a conspiracy, riiite.

perhaps the scientific cummunity is corrupt, or mislead by a few that have been persuaded to say otherwise?

edit: 4:30 am here and forgot been inbetween persuaded and have heh
 scorpiomover
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2008 2:19:33 AM

Consdpiracy Theory ... from someone that allegedly has no respect for any scientific theory .. prove it ...
I don't have any source, other than the programme. But that is what he said on the programme. It was on British TV, by the way.
 Alex82
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/5/2008 2:36:44 AM
it's not a conspiracy, hell you can convert your car to a water hybrid for 200 or 300 us now.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2008 3:08:21 AM

There was a mythical car that ran JUST on water, it was mooted as long ago as the 50's, and there are a number of stories about it. About how the oil companies have never heard of it. About how 2 reporters went looking for the guy, and the car had mysteriously disappeared. So there has never been any proof. It was supposedly water and some additive but it has NEVER BEEN PROVEN TO EXIST!
I've seen patents on them on the internet, but never built one. I would have expected the patent office to have seen the thing in motion, but I am not a patent agent, so I don't fully know patent law.

But all this is off-topic. The simple fact is that domes CAN be built, and are known to be stronger, lighter and quicker to build than conventional houses. But it seems that most engineers understand the engineering of a rectangular house much better than a dome. It's not surprising. Rectangular houses have been around for thousands of years, so nearly all of the engineering of rectangular houses has already been done, and all you have to do is study what other people did, and copy it.
 Alex82
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/5/2008 3:54:10 AM
what happened to tesla's car that did 90mph in 1931? it disappeared too! coincidence? i think not!
 chrono1985
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/5/2008 4:18:02 AM
I highly doubt it's perpetual motions he's produce, maybe really efficient low friction, or a really efficient fuel. What most people fail to realize when they set out for perpetual motion is that everything in our universe reaches a point where it Normalizes, all of it's properties level out and all change ceases to be. One of my favorite perpetual motion claims happened not to far from me, the guy had a machine that appeared to achieve perpetual motion, but it didn't work when he moved it to far from where he first started it up. The cause was due to the way magnetics in the ground beneath his lab worked, was even demonstrated through some fairly simple math that there was a constant falloff for the amount of force being applied to the machines main component, which means it'd eventually die even if left there, the projection was something like 4 years.
 Alex82
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/5/2008 5:47:16 AM
forgot to mention that tesla's car was zero emissions to.
 NwMke
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2008 8:13:09 AM

Those are two term that shouldn't be used together in a sentence.
Unless that sentence is "There are no promising inventions that create perpetual energy."

Is perpetual energy possible?
Not involving any current scientific beliefs or technology.
Perhaps in the future...if mankind lives long enough.

Would an inventor who created something like this get "wacked?"
Maybe...but only by a company or group that would use his ideas to make themselves wealthy.
Or wealthier.

And they wouldn't "withhold" the idea from the public.
How would they make any money?

I suppose this depends on precisely what you want to call "perpetual"? Till the end of eternity? Possible but unlikely.

Yep I did say possible

Is millions of years close enough to be considered perpetual? Bet most people never thought of the sun? Its a near perpetual energy device as a result of the hydrogen fusion cycle. Granted it does slowly loose some and someday wil implode on itself but it is nonetheless a greater than a million year energy source. Unfortunately we simply do not take advantage of it.

Next planets in motion are near perpetual motion as well.

As for us creating perpetual motion I summarize it at this time as impossible. The problem of course is that it is possible to get efficiencies greater than 100% and not violate and "theories" (not laws), of thermodynamics but that is nothing more than playing with math and while true has nothing to do with perpetual anything. Simply remove the fuel and these devices will stop or cease to function.

Frankly I think its a bit naive to think the people with the market cornered on "black gold" would not go to any lengths to protect that market since they ahve already proven it. The phish carb that would get 60mpg was bought up by texaco< Im thinking in the 50's sometime where they immediately reformulated the gas so it would not longer work and tossed it in the trash. Moray was shot and woulded and his lab destroyed and burned, Do we see his little 2ft square black box on the market that produced 50,000 watts of continuous power? Nope. Tesla had his magnifying transmitter that could send electricity and power with not wires to anywhere in the world and under water and it was called "magnifying" because his early experiments at colorado springs showed he was getting 10,000 horsepower out for every 10 horsepower in. His device back fed the power company to the point he blew out their generator. He was able and demonstrated his transmitter by both sending out the electricity and remote controlling boats in the new york harbor in the very early 1900's. This technology has been around that long.

Anyone of us using it?

The problem is that the infrastructure had been built for oil and one of teslas earlier versions of electricity that designed in the 1800's. Your 110 volt ac wall outlets in your house". Yup tesla invented that too.

Tesla wanted to see all cars running off his transmitter and electricity at 90+% efficiency but we prefer gas motors that run at 30% efficiency!

Remeber the ev1, general motors electric car?

Yeh they destroyed all of them. Reasons unknown. But not really. They were sort of impractical with the original laed acid batteries so it was a fun experiment until they came out with nickel metal hydride that you could get up to 300 miles per charge and take 1/2 hour to charge back up!!! There was virtually no maintenance they would go in for a check up and drive out in 1 hour and the mechanics had nothing to do!

Now to really throw a curve ball in the works a guy named mead invents a crystal battery that has nearly as much power output and NiMi batteries and guess how they are charged? You shut the unit off and let is sleep for a while and the battery self charges!

Its already out there people, its just no manufactureer is going to produce it because lets face it the big money has trillions invested in their "infrastructure" and now if you have a stainless steel car with an electric motor you can virtually drive the same car all your life so a one time car sale with virtually no maintenance simply does not look to promising for BIG business.

Finally as far as the guy who made the generator, waltzing into the patent office and claiming perpetual motion automatically gets you put into the "gotta bring it in and prove it" file. So this guy was denied a patent because he could not show that his device actually works.

I took the time to review his 6 videos which turned out to be the same thinking that I would see something different that would show me it really worked. I immediately as one other person mentioned here notice a couple glaring errors that he was making and frankly was more impressed with the mueller motor/gen than his. One that I heard a lot about was the gray motor and the bedini but I never took the time to fully understand their operation.

Lots of kool things have been around for literally 10's of years but we just dont use them. As far as running a car off hydrogen is concerned, sure why not? we send rockets into space with hydrogen boosters! All you need to do is re-time the engine and they will run fine off hydrogen.

The best thing to do imo is to build yourselves an on demand HHO generator and run your car in a hybrid mode. So in a nutshell you pipe the HHO both in front and behind the throttle plate and add a little circuit to get your oxy sensor to lie to the car computer so it leans it out when HHO is injected. You will see anywhere from a rough hip shot of 150% to 220% increase in milaege. Oops over 100%!! Ok how about you will get up to a little over double your gas mileage with a little water. I made one from scrap metal for about 75 bucks.

Last but not least, good ole sandia labs is working on some tesla technology with a different twist. You know anything worthwhile is only good if its too big for the comman man to own one and has to be a pay per view community service right?!! (like the power company)

Anyway sandia labs claims to have used 300,000 watts of energy to create upwards of several million watts in their attemps to creat high enough temperatures for hot fusion. Of course is sandia labs or cornell is working on it we all ready know what its intended purposes are.

scorpiomover
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2008 4:31:48 PM
RE msg 21 by Nergal:
How is refuting a claim about a car that runs on water OFF TOPIC
If we keep the discussion short, then it won't be. But if the thread becomes solely a discussion about engines that run on water, running into many posts, then IMO, the thread's subject matter has been hijacked. Am I wrong?

I already posted a note about patents. The patent office dont need to see a working model, diagrams are enough.
Thanks for letting me know that. I wasn't sure, which was why I deliberately worded my post to say that "I expected" the patent office to view the object at work, and why I said that I didn't know patent law. So I thank you for your clarification. But I want to make it clear that I never claimed that the patent office DID see the engine at work.

If the claim involves perpetual motion the US patent office automatically grant a patent, providing the paperwork is in order, as the last time they refused one a member of the office got shot.
1) I can see why the patent office would be expected to automatically grant perpetual motion machines. But from what I read last night, it's an expensive and lengthy process, and there is no guarantee that you will not be refused even so, simply because someone else patented it first, or something very like it.
2) Also, a patent is an expensive and lengthy process that is at the behest of the patent office, not the inventor, so there would be ample room to build in some simple protection against it.
3) Also, other government workers have gotten shot. They don't change their practices. Why should the patent office?

As for domes, it would require retraining the entire worlds building industry,
I don't know if re-training is the right word, because I've never heard of the building industry being the "rectangular building industry". Plus, I've seen all sorts of buildings which are not rectangular, all over. I've seen blocks of flats designed in honeycomb shapes, and all sorts of buildings in London, which don't conform to a typical rectangular structure. Plus, we now live in an industry where things are done on CAD, and mass-produced in all sorts of shapes. I cannot see how it would affect day labourers, or painters, or decorators, or carpet-fitters, or electricians, who already have massive problems to cope with. Plumbers would just need curved pipes, which could be mass-produced by a factory, as long as there was sufficient demand. Heck, these days, a construction company could just ask for a pipe-making company to make 50,000 curved pipes and they would do it, no questions asked. Thanks to modern technology, the only things stopping us making all sorts of houses, are us.

making parts that arent available off the shelf
You cannot buy something off the shelf. It has to be made first. Most of the products you buy have only been made in the last few years, because the way modern products are made, they re-design the production to suit the next line. This is all thanks to modern technology. So the only thing stopping manufacturing companies making such parts is the lack of such buildings. But even so, it wouldn't be hard to make your own shelving. In my flat, the only things I have that stick to the walls are shelving, cupboards and book-cases. It wouldn't take a lot to make them suit a curved dome. Heck, if you took the logs, they are curved anyway. You might save a lot of wood that is typically thrown away.

and who would buy one.
Someone who lives in a hurricane zone, and doesn't have a lot of money, who has to put 4 people in a one-room flat, for one. For another, people who live in a zone where tsunamis could happen, like the Boxing Day tsunami. Think about it. If a tsunami hits a ball, what happens? The ball rolls forward. You get a bit knocked about, but you survive, with only a few cuts and bruises. That is a serious benefit to much of the world.

Most people want to live in square houses, most furniture is designed around that concept ..
So because most people have done it this way for years, we should continue? Most people believed that the Sun went around the Earth, thanks to Aristotle, to hundreds of years. Does that mean we should have left people thinking that way?

Thats the trouble with a lot of these inventions, firstly the energy equation, then the economic equation and then the marketing equation.
Not quite. I used to live with a 3rd-year Building Engineering student in Manchester. Well, actually, I lived with 2, 1 in my first year, and 1 in my third year, and they both worked in the construction industry for years before they went to university. Very smart people. I and the guy in my 3rd year got talking about his dissertation, and it was about how you could build a house that was completely friendly to the environment, with no problems of pollution whatsoever. But he said that it would lower the profits of the construction companies, and they just don't want to lower their profits.

That's the trouble with a lot of these inventions.
First, the inventor looks at the current technology, and realises that with a change, the energy equation becomes much efficient. Then he looks at the economic equation and realises that it will make the object much cheaper to produce, but that will not give the retailer an excuse to sell the product for a very expensive price. Then he looks at the marketing equation, and does his own market research, and finds out that there is a massive demand for such products, and that the marketing campaign would be very cheap, making less money for the marketing and advertising companies, and making the product more competitive in the marketplace, which would weaken the stranglehold that the manufacturer and the retailers who sell the existing products have over the current market.

He ends up coming to the conclusion that it would be better for you, better for the environment, cheaper for you, and in all ways better for the consumer, but not better for the people who make the existing products and those people who gain benefit from your buying those products for high prices, and so he is likely to be cut out of the market.

Do we get more energy out of it than we put in ... the answer is normally no.
No-one expects or needs a perpetual motion machine. A machine that is more efficient than the existing machines would do quite nicely. So the answer would normally be yes.

Is it more cheaper than conventional methods .... again the answer is normally no.
No-one expects or needs a machine that is cheaper to make using conventional methods and conventional materials, at this exact minute. A machine that can be manufactured using methods and materials in 1 year, that would be cheaper to make than existing products, would do quite nicely. Again the answer is normally yes.

Will people want to buy it ... given the answers to the above 2 questions .. probably not ...
Will people want to buy it, given that the companies would rather they had a monopoly selling the same old sh*t, for exorbitant prices, and will do massive ad campaigns against it, and pay the media to claim that it is worse than existing products? Probably not. If they were given a fair deal, simply to show their product and let people make their own minds up? For a lot of inventions, definitely yes. Are the companies that make the existing products likely to give them that chance? No way in hell. Are the politicians likely to support those companies? Yes.

Take electric cars, or even hydrogen cars. Shwarzenegger recently paid out for a hydrogen Hummer I think. He is govenor of California and its a state big on low emission cars. The price he paid was astronomical, luckily he can afford it, but average joe on the street no way. Electric cars have massive problems with range, add more batteries and the car gets slower and still doesnt get much of an increase in range. So in terms of using them for long distance driving its a no go. The US is the biggest users of cars in the world, and they have the cheapest fuel too. And also the longest roads, so to an American electric cars make less sense than in the UK.
Electric cars have been around since way before I was a kid, because we've had electric floats used by milkmen since before I was born. Back then, I watched programmes that said they had a top speed of 50mph. Even if they could only get up to 30, you aren't allowed to go past 30 on most roads in cities and towns. If you really wanted, you could fit a main electric engine with a petrol engine. But the petrol engine would only kick in above 30 mph, which would be applicable for long-distance, and for fast roads in cities and towns, and it could be used to recharge the electric cell as well. That would at the very least massively reduce a substantial amount of the effects of pollution, because pollution is much more of a problem when it is concentrated. That comes from having many cars in the same place, such as in a city, and from the cars moving slowly, because at high speeds the speed would be transferred to the exhaust fumes and would therefore disperse. So why can't you do that?

Now, pop quiz: Does anyone know when CD manufacturers had the ability to manufacture DVDs? Why exactly did CD manufacturers say they brought out DVDs when they did?
 Alex82
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/5/2008 6:13:18 PM
http://www.h2earth.org/ check out that site, water overunity devices.
 Alex82
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/5/2008 6:25:33 PM
hell if we really want energy how about we build wardenclyff towers and pull ions from the atmosphere?

sooner or later you'll realize we are sheep as a society and for this reason we have all of our suffering and energy crisis, if society were free we would know what the government is up to at all times in all of their classified projects.
 Alex82
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/6/2008 10:26:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvRzWYCZ2e0&NR=1

refute that, 2 facts put into one which provides near limitless energy!

all about profitability umm, perpetual energy isn't profitable so right there you just stated yourself you don't want it.
 Alex82
Msg: 26
Posted: 3/6/2008 10:48:58 AM
that link was also posted just as a joke to show that you'll try to refute even jokes as your so adamante to refute even the possibility that someone could come up with a real answer.

I just said it didnt exist in a manner which we can tap profitably.
You mean you can't put a meter on it so lets not do it.

no shit the sun isn't perpetual it's a giagantic fusion reactor which will stop at iron or before then.
 pappy009
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2008 5:35:36 AM
Well this might make sense about perpetual energy.

I watched a special on PBS on a fellow or group of people who built a house, dome style, and covered it with 16 inches of dirt. Because of that the house inside stayed at a constant 55 F. In the summer there was no need for air conditioning and in the winter it cost him $49 to heat the home for the winter. It was easier to bring the temperature up to 72 F if the house was constantly 55 F than it would to bring a house temp. up to 72 F if the ouside of the house was in 20 F below. Now isn't the 55 F of the ground temperature perpetual.

Maybe we are looking in the wrong direction and need to capitalize on what already exists.

We build homes the way we do to intensify labor and create jobs, this goes for the Oil industry also or any industry. One of the reasons why governments will not interfere with the status quo. The fact of what we have created has backed up on us. As we look to create more jobs we forgot that there are methods that we can use that can ease the existing problems with energy.

The home mentioned above I believe was in the US. And if a tornado was to hit this home, it would just ride right over top of it, seeing that a tornado does not travel underground, it was quite the house. That to me is the future, especially in tornado and Hurricane areas. But I wouldn't want to cut the grass on it. Oh yea he used wood too to heat the house, less than a cord a yr. The 16 inches of dirt is the best insulator.
 NwMke
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2008 8:19:20 AM

The frost line varies from location to location and it is also dependent on th eoutside temperature as well as amount of snow etc as to how deep it actually goes.

The frost line can easily go deeper than 4 ft in some areas so you have to know what it is for that area you want to build in. Space is -272k so the temp of the earth is dependent on the sun and only as perpetual as the sun, and likewise only as perpetual as the suns stability. Should the sun lose its stability we could either burn up or freeze regardless of where we try to hide.

pappy009
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2008 11:11:58 AM
--The frost line varies from location to location --

Right, another example of this is in Montreal Canada. What the builders did when they bought an older building was to make rather small units or apartments, the reason was that there was a large market for single dwellings for those who are old, invalid, single mothers and fathers and so on. With the cost of heating these units and I believe there where four of them, they came up with an idea that worked. They used a heat pump to extract the heat from under the ground around 100ft deep. It was a good Idea but they soon realized that if they put solar panels on the roof, and during the summer months they would use the solar energy to store heat back underground and it worked. They use the heat gathered from the summer, stored it under ground, then when the time came they used this heat to heat the building. This is going on at this moment and Montreal during winter is one cold place. I found that quite interesting again, perpetual in a manner. The only machinery they used was to pump the heat down ward. Rather interesting where we are going to day.
 NwMke
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2008 2:08:43 PM
solar panels are extremely inefficient and I would only use them to line the roof/hood/trunk of an electric car to recharge it while I was at work. parabolics are much better.

OTTO BONN
Msg: 33
Perpetual Energy & Other Promising Inventions
Posted: 3/7/2008 10:51:23 PM
If I were to build a solar power collector system, it would consist of an array of photovoltaic cells with water flowing beneath them. That way, you'd convert visible light to electricity and infrared to heat. Then, convert the heat from the water to electricity and store in batteries.

Add a windmill or two just for good measure.

It's all about efficiency and economical design strategies.
 etherealone
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/19/2008 10:04:27 AM
perpetual energy is possible as long as the universe itself is in existence.

taking the three levels of existence in relation to energy, earth has yet to succeed the first level. first level means that we use planetary, second would be harnessing solar sytem energy and being able to manipulate it and third is to be able to manipulated universal energy which in essence would be perpetual.

our only hope to succeed is to be able to manipulate molecules so that they produce massive amounts of energy. electro-magnetism is very promising in this field. take that that train in europe that literally hovers over a type of ceramic using magnetism.

if we cool a specialized pieced of ceramic plating with liquid nitrogen, what we get is an active change in its energy out put. once cooled to this significant temp., you can place a cylindrical magnet on top. what happens? the magnet immediately will start to rotate.

perpetual energy in my opinion will involve mastering the principles of electro-magnetism and thermodynamics.
 etherealone
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/19/2008 3:53:00 PM
The loss of energy is entirely dependent on the temperature, not the friction itself. If you can maintain the temperature with a substance such as liquid nitrogen the cylindrical magnet does not even touch the ceramic. it hovers over it and spins on its own.

In addition, with a controlled magnet for use in say, a vehicle, that perpetual motion could also be rigged to a battery type system.

These are not big buts. This is becoming rudimentary in our quest for energy.

You can get more energy out of a system than you put in. It has already been accomplished. Science has explored all kinds of passive ways to exploit and manipulate energy.
 etherealone
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/20/2008 3:05:22 AM
agreed. like is said, you can get MORE energy than what you put it. it is really all just an energy transfer.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > perpetual energy and other promising inventions