Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When a woman goes for the kill (first kiss) on first date...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 2
When a woman goes for the kill (first kiss) on first date...Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I prefer to set the tone for most of that stuff, the initial interest/approach, the handhold or kiss, the eventual sex (if that's what happens)...but trust me, I won't go near it if I'm not attracted or interested. Don't go by me tho, I am sure different women do different things...and I am by no means your typical broad.
 suny
Msg: 7
When a woman goes for the kill (first kiss) on first date...
Posted: 3/13/2008 9:16:21 PM
Well mine was reversed, it was several years back. I was working and sold a desk to a young man that was from Ireland with a green card. He had no way to get it home and asked me if I would deliver it. He seemed harmless and it was close so I did. He cooked me dinner. Had a drink or two. Got the desk in the apartment. Everything was really nice. He said lets go out to the balony, we go. Next thing I know I am having this snake going down my throat,,,,,lolol,,,it was all over in my mouth. It actually scared me and not sure why. Took me totally off guard and I basically ran after that. I did like the guy, would of gone out again but the tongue down the throat was too strong and moving way too wildly for me for a dinner date. Soft kissing would of been welcomed on the first date. Maybe I didnt like him that much, I think I might of felt that kind of kiss was more about sex and I wasnt ready to go there with him, not sure but I have never forgotten it either.....
 OutMind
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/14/2008 9:11:21 AM
It has happened a lot to me. I remember when I started dating and waiting for the end of the date and how to set up the kiss. Then after dating a while I figured out a way where you actually make her want to kiss you, and you saying, easy girl, I am not that easy. When the dynamics are like that, the women then tend to chase YOU, instead of the other way around. So keep her chasing and wanting you, and you won't be surprised what will happen next.
 Adam 4 Coffee
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/14/2008 2:23:49 PM
Ok dude you are Nuerotic jsut kiss and donl;t even think about it. Let ehr know you like her and have some confidence in yourself. Dont; second guess yourself and just have fun with it there are no ruiles for kissing and there are many differnt ways the fact alone thayt you kissed multiple tiems means a sucessful date.
 867love
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/14/2008 3:15:24 PM
i have had a few dates where she was quicker than me. -took me by surprise, however loved it.
girls: dont ask for permission -just do it! -if you kiss the boy and make him cry then your not dating much of a man
 packagedealx3
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2008 3:51:39 PM
There are two things that I would say maybe are going on here. You were shocked and took a moment to respond and maybe while you did seem to end the kiss, it does not sound as if you took control of it and then ended it, maybe that's why it was weird and why the conversation ensued.

I met a guy, we had a second date. Instead of slowly working into a long kiss, he went straight for the tonsillectomy. Freaked the crap out of me and I wasn't really wanting a third date. I mentioned this to the next guy I went out with and he was very careful to make the good night kiss enjoyable but not like I felt like he was pouncing, but what was weird was that I don't think I would have minded if he went in for the kill because I WANTED him to kiss me.

Maybe you like this chick but hadn't figured out if you liked her that much?
 justme1124
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2008 3:55:01 PM
you look like a pretty good guy,you seem a cut above a lot of them on here that I hear about from women, just looking to exploit their dates,glad to see you had fun with her,nice to see you held off going all the way.Well,i wouldn't want someone to dive right in ,thats definitly a sign of too much to drink,lol,but them making the first move toward kissing is always fun, ,just some harmless kissing,have fun with it,see where it goes,just don't get serious too fast.Never worry about doing well with a date,if you do,you'll always be seeking their approval,they'll pick up on that and possibly manipulate you,cheers
 AtypicalOrgin
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/14/2008 4:37:47 PM
I always go for the first kiss. I think the boys think it's cute. ;)

Cute?....lol

Honestly, I feel that men have been conditioned by society to allow the female to make the first moves and a lot of times the female steps up to the challenge when interested. Sometimes the female doesn't and gets frustrated when a man doesn't progress to a FIRST move fast enough to meet her satisfaction.

Our conditioning stems from our genders being accused of rapes, assaults, sexual harassments and other little tid bits of charges. We have basically been molded and taught to keep our hands to ourselves and allow the female to initiate every FIRST desire or contact, whether that is a kiss, a touch, holding hands or sex.

After the FIRST initiation though we feel comfortable becoming somewhat more aggressive and will come forward in our approach. I think that is why we are somewhat timid and hesitant at first about the FIRST kiss or the FIRST touch.

I have been the first and have been on the receiving end. I am always a bit timid at first and it has nothing to do with fear of rejection and more to do with “WHAT THE HECK WILL SHE DO OR SAY WHEN I GO FOR IT!!” and think of the consequences if it isn’t to hear liking. Thus why in relationships I tend to be reserved until all boundaries of contract have been broken down or time has withered my conditioning to a point of "Ah Hell, lets get this over with and see what happens....LOL

CONDITIONING!!
 DonDeLaMancha
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/14/2008 4:42:47 PM
I have a different take.

As I see and greet the woman the first time, I move for a hug rather than a handshake, and move for a kiss on the cheek in greeting (we've spent plenty of time online, so she's comfortable of who I am, and what I look like...it's just better in person). She usually responds to this greeting well (wait, I'll tell you more about your q's as it pertains to how I proceed), some women even move for a full kiss at this greeting. I keep it as a greeting kiss on cheek or lips as she offers, even if they want to linger longer.

The date then moves forward. I don't even think or move to touch, kiss, hold hands, except that, as we move, walk, etc., I gently lead by subtle finger tip touches, (like a dancer moving her) forward, or aside, as I position her for me to open the door before her, or pull a chair out for her, or go first through an open door. If you are a gentleman, and both are walking or moving, this is often just like a dance to position yourself ahead or to a side to get the door, etc. I never avart my eyes if she catches me "eyeing some of the goods". Most women like that you notice and know what you want...after all, they primped and prepared for it to look good. I always make sure to enjoy the show they've prepared.

Back to the gentle touching... it's not a game, or even meant to be suggestive, but what happens is she gets used to it...begins anticipating it from a gentleman, cuddles and moves closer as she wishes, tries to get me to linger in the moment, etc., and as the night progresses, she becomes the one initiating the contact, as we move. At times, she positions to create the opportunities to be kissed, and I MAKE SURE SHE INITIATES ANY OF THE NEXT COUPLE OF KISSES! Usually she begins to "long" to be kissed, and by the end of an evening, we've progressed way past a second kiss, even a good night kiss.

I make her want to be kissed, and tease her into fulfilling her desire, more w/ words and playful teasings as if from close friends. This adds to the allure. Often I hear, "I can't believe how I threw myself at you, I'm not usually that way." or, "I am never so agressive," as women who initiate a kiss usually know they're letting their desires to be known and that they really want the man. This is usually protected by women on their first dates.

They are often puzzled, wondering when I will make the first move, and the fun topics and teasing conversations really lets her know I'm interested. The confusion adds to her desire, and she usually moves to fulfill her desires by the end of the date. I'll never "make out" in public...even though she may want to. At most, two or three (or sometimes four or five deep kisses of any name you want if she's a "babe") is all I allow, no matter how hot she or I get, unless we go to my place...not hers ...never to hers.

Of course, when there's no attraction...these actions leave her left alone as unresponsive way before she can decide I'm unresponsive. I usually can feel her distress early in the date, and help it end quickly, never to her discourtesy. A gentleman bears the weight of any mistake either of the two of us had made to get there. Strangely, even these end with her giving a kiss on the cheek.

Emphase...it sounds as if you need to focus on the whole of life, and the whole of the woman rather than if you can safely get to first base. My best as you progress. Abundance to you.
 867love
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/15/2008 12:17:25 PM
heres the scoop on the woman making the first move situation:
if hes not into you -your beating a dead horse. however if he is intrigued by you, or your presence captivates him. then he pretty much doesn't care what the hell you do to him
whether it be stealing kisses, getting him really drunk and rubbing on his leg or strapping him down with duct tape and taking him away in the trunk of your car
 TheLimey
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2008 2:38:09 PM

Guys, have you ever had a woman go for the kill (first french kiss you) by herself on a first date?

You were caught off guard by a kiss? Jeeze, I've had gals grab me by the spuds (on a first date) when I wasn't expecting it & thats "being caught off guard".
Altho last time that happened I just looked at the gal & raised an eyebrow, her reaction to that was "oh, should I let go?"..
 HikingFitGuy
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/16/2008 2:28:40 AM
I can't even get through a first date, women tend to cut the date short and meet other guys. I guess I don't have the game to keep women interested on a date
 AtypicalOrgin
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/17/2008 6:53:31 AM
heres a Great question... do men like for the woman to ask for a kiss, or tell him that shes going to?? I usually just, 'go for the kill'

I have actually asked a female if she would like to kiss......Works every time....lol

I like making their knews buckle on the first date...Makes for an interesting second.....haha
 OutMind
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/17/2008 8:09:40 AM

I make her want to be kissed, and tease her into fulfilling her desire, more w/ words and playful teasings as if from close friends. This adds to the allure. Often I hear, "I can't believe how I threw myself at you, I'm not usually that way." or, "I am never so agressive," as women who initiate a kiss usually know they're letting their desires to be known and that they really want the man. This is usually protected by women on their first dates.

Dude, well said. But don't give away all our secrets. Hehehe. Actually, if you think about it, with women complaining so much about the guy right away asking for a BJ, or goes sexual and practically turns them off, guys as well as women need to know this approach because first of all, it's no pressure, second, both feel comfortable. The woman things of the guy as a gentleman, and the guy allows the woman to determine her true feelings.
 Musicphilosophy
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/18/2008 4:42:41 PM
My man, you sound like a regular dude!

I can't say that's happened to me on a first date, but it did happen on a second. Thing is, I didn't fully realize they were dates since both times were completely spur-of-the-moment.
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2008 8:39:25 PM
Yah, I agree with some previous posts - your little third kiss in your home country hint was already the move (albeit just a verbal one) and she just took the hint and went forward with it physically. Besides, did you ever tell us what her home country was? Maybe they are more forward there.

I enjoy men making the first kiss move, so I probably would have said something coy but welcoming back regarding the third kiss, and waited for you to go for it. But I'm on the submissive side anyhow.
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/4/2008 12:10:36 AM
Well put eazk. Tho I have gone for the kill as the op put (funny I intitially thought he meant something far greater then a kiss when I read the title), and will again if I feel the desire, it is more desireable for a woman (atleast this one) when the man makes the first move. Unfortunately unless a woman is flashing a neon sign saying kiss me, some men are clueless like the op seemed to be (no offense). She apparantly all but put up a neon sign and you still missed it. I would be (as eazk said) she didn't feel swept away and got tired of waiting and the drinks lowered her fear and let her go for the kill.
 OutMind
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/4/2008 8:38:00 AM
Not only this is good. That is to have the girl be the one who plops the first kiss, but there are some techniques that guys can learn that once you get good you can not only be sure that she will do it, but you will know exactly when.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/4/2008 12:14:12 PM
You are young but not that I'm anything special, but I've had more than a few girls want to go all the way on the first date. I'm one of 5 men in the U.S. I think that wouldn't do it and to see their shock is still amazing to me.

Women are as aggressive, sleazy, and wild as men nowadays. With girls gone wild going full speed, its not rare at all.
 867love
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/4/2008 2:51:30 PM
love it when a gal builds up enough confidence to initiate the first kiss. -doesn't happan much though, cuz her nervous unintentional "kiss me" signals are soooooo easy to spot its easier just to lean in and make the first move. -makes her weak in the knees when the guy she wants to kiss, is dyin to kiss her too...
 fancynanci
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2008 3:44:51 PM
Never. Not me. I always wait for the man to kiss me first....on a FIRST DATE
 fancynanci
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2008 3:45:32 PM
and another thing...DON'T ASK ME if you can kiss me... JUST DO IT!!!
 Boricua Papi
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/4/2008 10:05:45 PM
She didn't go "for the kill". You are assuming things that didn't happen but that you would;d have liked to happen. Kissing in first dates is just a spontaneous event, not necessary "going for the kill". Relax bro, she has more dates to go!
 lilmslefty
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/4/2008 10:23:37 PM
Oh heck yeah! I've found it to be a great icebreaker, and relieves that awkward "Should I kiss her" moment for the guys, and the "Is he gonna kiss me?" moment for the gals. Afterwards, just sit back, relax and enjoy the date!
 ck1time
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2008 10:38:11 PM
LOL, man. Thanks for opening up Pandora's Box. Actually I did that.
Yeah, this "fiesty woman" comes into the comedy club w/her gf. GM tells me, you're in their table, mind moving back? No, so I do. Over 30 mins she's constantly knocking over her
bottle of Peregrine (sp) water, I'm righting it, telling them 'bout the headliner (world known), etc, mild everyday stuff for me but I guess different 4 them (well, yeah, I'm touchy-feely naturally, but just shoulders & stuff, totally respectable). So, she eventually turns around & says, "The only reason you keep righting my bottle is so U can get a good looks at my tits." I say right, 'cept I forgot my flashlight. After which she hands me her table
candle. 2 funny, but this is a comedy club. OMG, & unknown 2 her, I'm thinking: "Oh, shit, here comes another 1, she wants me & I'm not ready 4 that tonite...dang, I need to buy a days' time."
Whatever, in 10 secs she comes over to French-Kiss me. I feel her back, but w/my boundaries . @ end of show, as I follow up, I remember not ever seeing sparklier eyes in my friggin' life or @ least a long time. All she says is, "So...?" Like I say, I went to laugh that Friday night, not to get laid. Fine, exit outside, more laughs, I go. Within 10 mins she's calling me, talk for hour. Next day she comes over w/gift drink, looking for massage. She strips, I do what I promised...but I don't get into sex-on-demand. So, she stayed confused & a little angry. Oh, well, it was nice anyway. At least we talked several times after that.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When a woman goes for the kill (first kiss) on first date...