Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Occassional smoker      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dameon
Msg: 2
Occassional smokerPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Well I sometimes smoke cigars. But if a girl I go out with dosent like it, I can quit right away. Its no big deal, Im not addicted. But I dont put I smoke cause that will just put them off all together.
 SarGasm
Msg: 3
Occassional smoker
Posted: 5/28/2005 7:36:15 PM
i know of a few people who only smoke when they're having a few drinks...or it could be someone who occasionally partakes of a 4:20 celebration...

guess you just have to ask...
 trophyboyfriend
Msg: 4
Occassional smoker
Posted: 5/28/2005 7:44:06 PM
Someone once called me smokin hot. Actually many people have. Does that make me a smoker? Probably.

Exploding garbage cans are dangerous.
 DreamerĀ®
Msg: 6
Occassional smoker
Posted: 5/28/2005 11:34:44 PM
I seem to think that when they put occasionally, it means pot smoker...Is this true?
 DreamerĀ®
Msg: 8
Occassional smoker seldom a thinker, mostly a follower
Posted: 5/28/2005 11:35:47 PM
I have to agree with you!!
 SarGasm
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/29/2005 12:16:59 AM
it must be nice to be perfect.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/29/2005 5:03:10 PM
So far, I have found it to mean less than 5 cigarettes/day or it can also mean wacky weed.
 You go first
Msg: 18
Occasional smoker
Posted: 7/20/2009 9:18:12 PM
A girl I work with only smokes when she's out with friends on the weekend and has a drink. During the week, non-smoker. That strikes me as very odd - why not just quit!?!?

The smoking question should be a Yes/No question. But then the cigar afficionados would get all bent.... Oh well....
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 20
Occasional smoker
Posted: 7/20/2009 9:23:02 PM
I think people who are use chemicals to calm themselves have different patterns of use. I know that some people smoke when they drink so that smoking is a weekend thing. IMO, if you choose to do this, you are on the edge of addiction. There are people who only smoke out meals and they somehow manage to limit their addiction to this degree.

Any drug that is smoked is really addictive because it gets into your bloodstream quickly.

Occasional smokers, you are so close to almost being nonsmokers that I think you should find away to stop because I suspect you are occasional addicts.
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 22
Occasional smoker
Posted: 7/20/2009 10:58:20 PM
^If this is the case, then you can argue that everyone is an occasional smoker. I mean no one smokes all of the time. You have to butt out to sleep and shower, don't you.

I am thinking that occasional smokers are light smokers of nicotine but they could be smoking something else.

Let's just stick to what is legal. I think they are light smokers and may butt out for several days or smoke after a meal or two.

I am not sure what a light smoker is by definition. My guess would be under 5 cigs a day.
 unleashed27
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Occasional smoker
Posted: 7/21/2009 9:14:15 AM
in my opinion a smoker is someone who smokes every day. An occasional smoker, to me, would be someone who just smokes once in a while - perhaps while having a drink or after sex, or some other special occasion. This person would not smoke every day and would probably NOT have the craving when they first wake up in the morning.

If this is the case, then you can argue that everyone is an occasional smoker. I mean no one smokes all of the time. You have to butt out to sleep and shower, don't you.
wow, still shaking my head on this one.... odd, very odd I must say..
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 24
Occasional smoker
Posted: 7/21/2009 10:21:46 AM
^ I suppose I should qualify and say that you could argue every smoker is an occasional smoker.

I would agree with WW's definition of occasional smoker. And I believe we are still discussing nicotine.

The problem with that occasional smoker label is I am never sure what people occasionally smoke.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Occassional smoker