Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Best job to meet women in the workplace?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wowsad
Msg: 2
Best job to meet women in the workplace?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
graphic design definitely gets you the artsy pseudo-intellectual type chicks lol
 rdcnorm
Msg: 3
Best job to meet women in the workplace?
Posted: 3/16/2008 7:49:34 AM
Become a male stripper,,
It's like working in a candy store,, everyone is delicious, so many choices
 rdcnorm
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/16/2008 8:24:23 AM
David Lewis

It was a joke,,, Just like I would think choosing a job to meet woman is a joke,,
 Karrpilot
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2008 8:33:29 AM
And you can forget about meeting women if you become a mechanic. Except for the crazy angry ones with attitude problems. And that is even before i touched their cars. How about a job at a woman's prison? I am sure THAT would be a place to meet alot of women.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/16/2008 8:38:28 AM

How about a job at a woman's prison?

That is a good one,, Plus your always in control,, if that's your thing
 MajorThomas
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2008 8:59:59 AM
Just get a part time job working as a bartender.

If thats not your bag work part time at some retail or clothing store. Working retail gives you a huge amount of traffic "a lot of women coming through" to work with, and you always have a canned opener "may I help you", plus at least half of your coworkers will be women.

Some of my coworkers work at bestbuy on the weekends just to hang out and meet people.
 Doxiegirl
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/16/2008 10:12:32 AM
I am speaking as female teacher who spent the majority of my 20's teachjing in a female dominated elementary school....yuck! Very unstimulating and stagnating when all you do in the staffroom is discuss students and their kids. I needed to detach from that environment and switched to high school where the male/female ratio was more equal. Professionally I needed to make the switch as well but by the time I got there most of the men were married or involved....'boo hoo'.

I seemed to click with a very fine teacher my age who had many of the qualities I liked....kind, handsome, funny, good values, from a smaller town like myself but unfortunately he relocated back to his hometown (NB Ontario) so I'll never know if he liked me or if he knew I was interested in him.

So I understand this engineer's concern. Love is hard enough to find and I believe if you find it at work it shouldn't be discouraged. If he is a trained engineer and that is his talent and heart's desire, I wouldn't consider changing professions due to the male/female ratio at least yet, but the part time bartender job, if he has the energy is not a bad idea.

DG
 Kelley-88
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/16/2008 1:49:39 PM
I don't think it matters. By the time they are employed women have a good idea of their league and, if they can't find a guy in their league at the workplace, they will seek other places to meet him.
 flyingiguana
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2008 1:56:38 PM
a call center with high turnover. lots of prospects and if you do get turned down, chances are she won't be there very long anyways.
 rebelinlex
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/4/2008 7:39:00 PM
short order cook at HOOTERS... need i say more....
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2008 7:27:05 PM
Work in a hotel/ bar/ restaurant. By far surpasses all others.
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/14/2010 6:50:13 AM
if you want to meet women at work, you should go for a job where the vast majority of workers are women. i worked for Susan G. Komen for the Cure last year and was the only male in my area. Unfortunately, the women there are not very attractive. the only one that i liked (and i still keep in touch with) is already in a relationship. I plan on working with them again this year and hopefully, things will be better. Meeting women is the primary reason why I changed my career decision twice in the last three years. First, I wanted to work with MTA New York City Transit because i love mass transit and know a lot about it, but ditched that after looking at the corruption within the agency, the demographics of the employees, and the horrible conditions they face. I switched to computer programming because I am online very often, but ditched after seeing how difficult it was, lack of females in the field, and the stereotypical views on Asians being math nerd and tech geeks. I finally realized that I really want to work for the entertainment world (acting, directing, producing, singing, etc.) because I want to have a name for myself. I want to be a somebody, not a nobody. I hope to meet lots of new people in my new career.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Best job to meet women in the workplace?