Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Break up over fashion! :(      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jlizzy
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Break up over fashion! :( Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
:(:(:(:(:(

Boyfriend just broke up with me.
In trying to find out why the conversation essentially revolved around he doens't like the clothes I wear....
I have my own unique -often described as bohemian style...I like wear long skirts some days, more sporty looks another....he wanted super super ass grabbing tight jeans....

I'm not joking...
I thought he ran deeper than that..
Another clash today was me joking about cheesy pop music by singing one such song that was playing in a shop just making fun and he got annoyed?!

Sounds like teenagers...nope we're talking about a 33 year old man here!!
 jlizzy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Break up over fashion! :(
Posted: 3/16/2008 10:47:14 PM
Crimson...how can you tell from a post that a girl is blonde?? What are you trying to say? Sounds a bit nonsensy to me sorry........:/
Also you seem quite quick to judge if you automatically assume I'm an airhead etc...

The guy broke up with me about an hour ago...I'm getting increasingly angry thinking about the whole thing :(

I was saying he hates popsongs...not loves them and got annoyed with me for singing a poppy song.

The guy is definately not homosexual but one of these guys obsessed with fashion.
He has about 20-30 pairs of trainers and is all into his clothes...labels...one of his issues was the shop I went into today..not cool enough apparently...and that I was paying attention to money. I've returned to college..I can't throw money around-have to be sensible.

Vro it occured to me it could be a "convenient" excuse but seriously it's come up in shades before....he's been trying to get me to wear super tight jeans...he really is that into his fashion and he's a quirky character...not the average straightforward person at all....

We put it down to chemistry in the end.. some days he really wants to call me, some day he doesn't feel it so much...he didnt feel it...then he'd talk about my clothes again..he hates that I like pink...he thinks I'm self concious about my body coz I made a point to him that I don't feel comfortable walking around in super super tight trousers because 1- it's uncomfortable having mens eyes glued to your ass 2- I feel more comfortable in skirts/looser fitting clothes...

What is it with me going for superficial men :(
My ex husband was all about me slapping on tonnes of make up, dressing this and that way, not being sexy enough in bed etc...

I feel a horrible anger welling up inside me...I'm wanting to lash out at him with verbal abuse via text messages to his mobile...any tips on how to let the anger subside/ how to kind of "float" through for lack of a better phrase....

I really really find myself questioning...why even bother going near a man again....hurt time and time and time again...why bother?? Why do I keep setting myself up for hurt??
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/17/2008 9:04:06 AM
I'm guessing he just wanted to "show off your ass" to bolster his esteem perhaps.
Not a good thing.
 hanging In
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/17/2008 9:11:20 AM
Where did this Gay crap come into the equasion?

Couples tend to find faults with the other person and then bring up an argument over something totally different from what the problem is.

This is simple. He doesn't want to be with you anymore. That is all that matters.Why are you wanting to keep questioning the why? It doesn't matter! Move on with your life. Not every couple will stay together for life. Next time find a guy that likes you as you are and does not want to make you into something he imagines.
 jlizzy
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2008 7:12:46 AM
Well now he's coming out with stuff about it wasnt that he didnt like pink it was just he didnt approve of a top I picked up to look at in the shop!

What's more confusing is he's talking about moving back home close to his family (parents and siblings) now that's he's lost the one thing he had close to family here. Mentioned that I had become like family to him. Easy to talk to etc....So I'm close like family but he's dumps me over clothes?? I'm really really confused now!
 hanging In
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/18/2008 3:31:58 PM
Why don't you understand what he is trying to tell you?????

He is over you..Get over him. All you are going to do is keep asking yourself the same questions, but in the end you will not have answers. He found an excuse to break it off.

Of course you will probably call him or show up at his door one evening wanting an answer. You end of crying and you and him end up in bed and then the next day you are still broken up but now you are going to scream to the world that he used you. Grow up...move on!
 Masked_Hero
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/18/2008 3:47:57 PM
I been in a situation like that before where I really didn't care too much about my G/F clothes selection... I just used the opertunity to get some brownie points and kill two birds with one stone.. I took her shop'n, quite naturally she wanted my opinion on the clothes... So I got to say NO to the ones I didn't like without her being offened because they were not her clothes.. And I got more brownie pts for being the guy who goes shopping with the girlfriend, without her even know'n the REAL reason... But to break up with somebody over clothes ?? Not quite sure if I could go that far.. Unless she was wear'n some Gothic clothes or someth'n off the wall like that..
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Break up over fashion! :(