Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > A Slice of Life In 50 Words .............      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 expat57
Msg: 1
view profile
History
A Slice of Life In 50 Words .............Page 1 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
Create a complete Slice of Life picture in one frame using 50 Words.
Please use the paragraph format as shown below.
I ask that you not extend your slice into extra paragraphs.
Just one.

Any topic is welcome.

I once knew a beautiful and creative lady who wrote her poetry in this tightly composed,
often richly descriptive way .
I’ve always liked it.

Friday night. Gallery Opening Reception. Talent-less projector traced drawings. Ooooh’s and Ahhhh’s from patrons. Incredulous! White canvas showing through instead of white paint. Thin. “There is no paint on this painting!” Faux-artists pose, preening and shmoozzz zzz zzz zzzing before their paint-by-number non-creations. Minimalist Modern Art….

expat57
Msg: 2
view profile
History
A Slice of Life In 50 Words .............
Posted: 3/17/2008 7:01:10 AM
Brightly colored carousel. Round and round and round she goes. Where she stops nobody knows. Not alone but feeling lonely. This crowd cannot know my empty resolve. How I long for just one moment, hold my hand while I lay my head upon your chest to cry and say goodbye.
 expat57
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 9:33:38 PM
Oh my! Such glimpses into your worlds!

Hamazing - always a hoot to read your words, and more often than not the peek into your soul they provide when the reader reads between the lines.

VisualDistortion - Love is one of my favorite topics to write about. I enjoyed your take on it.

ravencause - Yep. Exactly 50. I would love to invite the lady who inspired this thread to drop in here and share some of hers. Mine are pale efforts compared to what I've seen her write. I adore the Ocean and your words brought me back to those wonderful memories that are a part of my past and my future..

Eye Guys - I've enjoyed you in the Haiku game here. I am not about carrot breath, but I'm definitely in a mode of disappearing before people's eyes. It feels good to be in control of my body again. I'm going to have to have several belts altered to add holes .. now there's a change!

tropicalgrl1 - I love that scent .. the scent, not so much of the Ocean but of the water's edge. The coast.

mmmmmy - You may never know how your words tugged at my heart right now. .. *sighing softly* ..

silverswan - Welcome! I've enjoyed following along in your thread. I'll get over there with an offering soon. Lovely, lovely sentiments you leave here for me to find. We've all been there.

ash.i.am - Sensuous! My own erotic, sensual words I've not been brave enough to post here yet. I feel like I'd be putting myself out there. You give me courage.
 expat57
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 9:47:17 PM
Paring down. Choosing from all that which is most utilitarian, desired, cherished. My Things. Shared. A new life together. Melding yours, mine into Ours. My Things. Sent ahead with deep kisses and spoken words of Love.. Then silence, silence, silence. Did you tell her your comfort was partly 'My Things'.
 BonfireGoddess
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/21/2008 11:58:34 PM
This thread is a lovely idea, and a challenge.

Tilt my face up and soar among the ethereal. The perfect deep and sparkling magic of another brilliant night. Weave my way around branches bare yet throbbing with the promise of green, fecund rush of spring. And around and within mystery swells and all sings for you oh Goddess moon.
 transcend
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 12:53:26 AM
both hands grabbing everywhere , slow down I can't divide
piles of apples of eyes , jewels of dreams ,last gasps gathered up
will i laugh as loud at what you pick as you will laugh at mine
is laughing last, best, or just a lonely sound in an empty place...... choose
 expat57
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 6:52:56 AM
BonfireGoddess - Just lovely. Deep. A beautiful slice of yourself. Thank you.

transcend - Nice to see you here. I've read your words elsewhere and have appreciated the view of your world shared in words.

Hamazing - We're on the same wave length this morning.

Rose - I read and re-read your first slice. Away from this virtual world, I read beat generation writers. Angry young men seeking to change the status quo through their craft .. their art. Please feel you can share your discontent here and know it will be not just read but welcomed.
 expat57
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 6:54:12 AM
Lao-tzu’s Tao Te Ching. 1st Verse. Nameless wisdom. Comprehension? Yes. Living the Way will take time. Meditation. Contemplation. Reaching for that place of absolute acceptance . All is now and always has been how it should be. Morning calm. Birds outside my window. Reading light illuminating the quest. Illumination. At peace.
 Brizo
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 1:28:04 PM
tough act to follow....

Rural Ohio. Small woods hide deer, and foxes . Trees skeletons define borders and creeks. A frozen red hydrant. Eighteen gnarled shagbark hickories, clumped. One oak. Robins fight to claim territory. Small fluffed birds cling to wires stretching into infinity. Killdeer run, stop. Hawks soar, carrying my spirit. I sigh, waiting.
 transcend
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 3:42:27 PM
wrist deep. handfuls of every elephant. switching senses,
styles, angles into understanding ..grip is lost or losing
traded for a better, hanging on to hanging out hoping to be held
to something longer than the last time we found everything the matter
with the lover we forgot to hold onto
 expat57
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 3:10:11 PM
Such a treasure to drop in here today..
I've always loved little slices of life. I sit here reading and feel humbled that others have found an interest in expressing a peek into their world in this way. This is the best reading I've done all day!

silverswan - What a prolific writer you are. Each a glimpse in one frame. Each so unique. Each with a depth that takes past the visual and into the soul of your world. Loved, especially, the slice on Woodstock. What can I say? I was 12 and there is no way Daddy would've let me go, even if I had known about it. But looking back. I so would've been there. Mud, mud, mud and all!

Brizo - I've enjoyed reading your words in other POF poetry forums. A pleasure to see them here. Completely drawn into the nature scene and pulled into your very being upon your conclusion. So appreciate your putting this here for all(me) to enjoy.

transcend - Imagery! Admitting I read your slice several times (more than 3-4) playing with each phrase, translating, rolling them over my senses, absorbing. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful imagery. You write with a depth of vocabulary that I envy. Welcome!

eyestothesky - Glorious healing. I so welcome your words. I am compelled to browse to read more of them. These, here, speak to me. Happy Easter back attcha.

Kasper Utz - Yes! LOVED your contribution. 18 words. Profound. I wanted to pick that young boy up and feed his self-worth and teach him he is all .. he is valuable .. he is good .. he is great.

Rose - "unsure of his feelings" .. I'm betting he is unsure of yours. Life will unfold as it's meant to. In the end, you'll see whatever that is, it is for the good.
 expat57
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 3:14:35 PM
New reverie pours friendship into vessel void. Filling in dried seams with mortar. New buoyancy. Volumes of conversation. Lapsing into stories many times retold. Embracing this flower. This day. Birdsongs, sunshine, calm. Opening valves of color: warm yellow, terra cotta orange, natures greens ooze forth blending there .. lines of time
 transcend
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2008 12:23:09 AM
religious experience
everyone, everywhere seems to have them..
..how can all religions strike such a similar note ,
the only thing in common is us...
are we creating pathways to generate our own energy ,
finding our own switches..triggering our own electrodes
Is it the lab monkey that can't stop pressing his own button?
 BonfireGoddess
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/25/2008 4:04:25 AM
These 'slices'- they're so beautiful, so intense and moving. What a way to start the day! With your heart both broken and stirred in sympathy/empathy.

Beginning - heartbeat. Bolder feet begin the dance. Wildest rhythms quicken the air. Alive . Primal. Energy unleashed sustains, consumes, transforms me. Us. We're all a part, one ferociously beating heart. Hands flying. Plucking beats from air. Hips sway to pounding feet and we- you and I and we all- are one.
 expat57
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2008 9:56:19 PM
Invited to attend a fashion show. Dallas. Fancy shindig. $30 a seat. Do they still not get who I am? Push me. Pull me. Mold me. Plan me. Play me. These are my friends? Longing for real people with real lives. I'm so outta here. Calm's sweet lull my lure.
 BonfireGoddess
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/27/2008 9:36:37 PM
There is something of destruction in me; even I fear to tread that forlorn path. You: solemn eyes, gentle mouth- you'll find no light nor sustenance here. Cannot bear thought of you frightened, hungry in the dark, so turn away from your smile. You'll never know what I've spared you.
 transcend
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2008 8:50:55 AM
ambulance sings to demand its due, the pain inside won't wait
can't drive fast enough to catch early ,have to outrun too late
cars scatter, lights ignored, metal monster makes its way
Fates spinning tires instead of wheels , picking a price to pay
past the cross smeared door , ...mercy moves
 transcend
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2008 7:22:04 PM
living in the moment has a catch, you have a friend if you listen
that voice that takes the longer look, watches your back for signs
first steps down the wrong road, not everyone understands themselves
changes required to deal with them should serve as a warning
avoid the unaware
 expat57
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2008 3:43:32 AM
I haven't been a good hostess here but I drop in and savor each contribution. Have always liked this form of expression. I just wanted a little place to leave my own brand of journaling. It's wonderful that you come here and make it such a diverse, interesting place to read. So appreciated. Each slice. Each person.
 expat57
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2008 3:44:56 AM
Home from another dinner-and-conversation girl’s night. Outside. Breeze: comfortably cool, refreshing. Sitting on a tree log. The tree that ripped from it’s roots two months back and smashed onto my car. That tree log. Enjoying the night. 12:30AM Watching the locksmith jimmy for over an hour. Keys inside.
 Alyosha
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/31/2008 4:08:10 AM
Sent a first note off to someone whose photo, profile and posts attracted me. Got a better response than I dared hope for. She lives too far away but how far away is a vivid fantasy? How will she answer my next, more ardent note?
 Alyosha
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/31/2008 4:15:57 PM

^^^^^ahemmmm...you're short 5 whole words....a slice in 50 words....^^^^^^^^

(I get to correct the professor!!!! hehehehehe)

I thought it meant fifty words OR LESS. Anyway, here are my missing 5:

Bugger off, you smart ass!
 transcend
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2008 2:23:39 PM
break in breathing demands your attention , your reverie struggles on the hook of the moment , breaks free, disappears, you chase the tail but its gone then even the memory is gone , a creation of the transition , like so many that visit then twist away laughing at you .. sleepy head... rest
 transcend
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2008 7:21:11 AM
a turn of a word or phrase rising from a fate that cannot befall me but will
or could anytime , brings an onslaught of uncertainty riding a tsunami of fear
for what comes next for those i leave,
the vacuum of passing has to be filled..
let it be lovingly..
 transcend
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2008 7:37:50 PM
You never see it coming but you always watch it go, i guess i didnt hear it coming either, it fits , hindsight is for a$$holes, that much i believe .. history has to be more than regrets and remembering or why make more?
Can you blur reality til fun is free?
Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > A Slice of Life In 50 Words .............