Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Who shoud initiate kissing/sex? The man or woman?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Leeanne
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Who shoud initiate kissing/sex? The man or woman?Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I like it better when we both get that undeniable urge to lean in and go for that deep passionate kiss right at the very same moment! Warm, soft and amazing!
 pipeman110
Msg: 3
Who shoud initiate kissing/sex? The man or woman?
Posted: 3/19/2008 7:12:17 PM
hell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 packagedealx3
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2008 8:06:11 PM
Dude you are 22, save your condescending crap for people that are impressed. Duh, adults want to have sex, is that the only thing they are interested in, probably not.

It depends on the situation. I have dated guys a foot taller than I and the logistics of that kiss depend on what we are doing and whether I need to stand on a box to accomplish it.

VVVVVGood point, first date or in general?
 vaxplant
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/19/2008 8:26:56 PM
Most of the time, women send out the "I'm ready to be kissed" vibe and guys either don't see it or misinterpret it. So yeah, women already pretty much do make the first move (sans the reaching over the table grabbing dude by the collar and going "DO IT ALREADY")
 dontmakecookies
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2008 9:16:29 PM
It depends on whether the chaperone is a man or a woman.
 slow_hand_001
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/19/2008 9:44:48 PM

I am a firm believer that a woman should.

you done messed up your resume. So after she initiates it, then what ? Will she have to initiate all sex acts in the bed ? I see a lifetime of missionary position in your future.

When a man asks a girl out, that signals some type of intimate interest.

this effectively contradicts your first sentence. If you are both attracted, why wait for her. As long as you dont show up with a butcher knife wearing a rubber suit and demand sex then I think you will be ok.
 ~Nocturnal Girl~
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/19/2008 10:46:36 PM
I think the first kiss should come naturally to the point that you arent all that sure who initated it. I do like an assertive man though and wouldnt hold it against him if he made the first move
 Wound_Up
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/20/2008 1:20:01 AM
Things like this shouldn't be in a person's head to begin with. Kiss with passion, give her a kiss if you really want to, or don't kiss her at all.
 867love
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/20/2008 1:39:33 AM
if your following her subliminal signals, you know when (or if) she wants a kiss
my favorite is (towards the end of the first date) she puts a stick of gum/mints in her mouth then offers you a some...
however if she is making it unbelievably clear she wants you to land a smooch on her, you could flip a coin or spin a bottle to see who goes first
 deerdog1
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/20/2008 8:25:44 AM
i have only been out with two women i didnt want to kiss ...never been out with a woman i didnt want to have sex with ... the first one i was 11 and it was fixed up by my sister in law ... i just wasent into kissing at that age ... but i knew enough that if sex had been on the table...i would have give it my best ... the second woman that i didnt want to kiss we wrer kinda forced together ... i didnt like her she didnt like me and we were just thrown together by some friends ...but as the night wore on ...i did kiss her ... we did have sex and we did find out we liked each other ... and we did become friends and lovers for some time ... damn glad i didnt follow my first impression ... damn what a woman ... and still a good friend .... now most of you may say that im a slut ... i dont think so ... im just picky about who i go out with ... i like most people men and women know very soon if there is a chance for sex.... no wont go out with just anyone but if i ask you out ..its a pretty good bet that i am open for intimacy....unless the mrs hyde comes out in you
 girlcantalktoo
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/21/2008 8:03:52 AM
The woman most definately because guys will usually kiss anything if it looks decient and is female....lol
 simpleman20188
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/21/2008 10:09:48 AM
What I can't understand is how anybody can be dating in this fasion and not have a helluva good idea not only if you are going to be kissing but if you are going to be having hot monkey fvcking or even who will bring the hancuffs and the paddle???

Geez Louise don't people talk, a lot before they even decide to consider a relationship?
 fancynanci
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 11:31:35 AM
I expect a man to take me in his arms and kiss me passiontely.
 ChicagoStyle
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 12:39:04 PM
Why should a women be the one to initiate the first kiss? Because, according to your research, 99% of the time the guy just wants to get in her pants? Where did you get these numbers? Or are you speaking for yourself and including men in your little world?

Not every guy asks a girl out because he wants to get laid. Some guys will ask a girl out because he likes her/has a crush on her. Ever think of that?

Also, what's with all the stupid rules these days? Why not do what you fell when it feels like the right thing to do. According to you, what if a girl is too shy to initiate the first kiss and therefore is waiting for the guy to make the first move, but the guy is like you and believes she "should" make the first move and is therefor waiting for her?

Guess it's going to be a long time before that first kiss.

Why even add more stupid pressure to the date? Just go out, relax, have fun, and if you want to kiss your date, wait for the right moment, and go for it.

At 22, you have a lot of growong up to do and a lot of learning about relationships. But hell, so do I.
 labyrinths end
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/21/2008 10:38:17 PM
i love it when the guy initiates the first kiss
its all about polarity for me
 *buzz*
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 1:26:42 PM
Although in some ways I'm an old fashioned girl, I do raise my hand for e q u a l i t y in this topic.
Anyone who is enough hot to trot would turn into an action
 cocoprecious
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/2/2009 5:02:08 PM
I feel the man should initiate the first kiss, if he don't feel your kissable, then that is your first indication he is not very interested in you.
 Tigress
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/3/2009 7:18:39 AM
I don't think it matters, as long as it's obvious that you both want to kiss. However, you should not have to chase somebody down to kiss them, or pull them closer or hold them. If a person wants to be kissed or kiss, you will see it in the body language... getting close, gazing into your eyes, sweet talk, etc. ...You can figure it out!
 MelloDLyn
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 7:47:57 AM
I believe the woman should!
 c_deacon
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2009 10:15:46 AM
Nothing better than a woman that knows what she wants and will be assertive enough to either make that move, or ask for it.......

Sex will not happen if the kiss is not good. It is all in the kiss and what each of you say......desire.......with that kiss.

A wanting kiss from a woman is like her taking your hand and leading you into the bedroom......

Nothing better......

Just my opinion.......
 867love
Msg: 51
Posted: 3/5/2009 11:42:28 AM
women were born to want to kiss, or be kissed
dont you remember back in grade the girls trying to kiss the boys...
if she likes you, follows you around like a lost puppy, throws rocks at you or tackles you in the field and pins you down... she wants some kind of intimate contact, -and she wants you to man up and initiate it
 celts123
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/6/2009 3:39:10 PM
It should be both people. I don't think that it should always be one person's job to initiate any type of sexual contact.
 matchlight
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2009 11:46:17 PM

I do love the idea of a guy kissing me first as it makes me feel like he's interested.

I can understand that, and for me, it's fun to go for a kiss. But I sometimes find myself wishing women did more to make me feel *they* were interested. If I sense that a woman's willing to let me take all the chances so she won't have to, sometimes it dilutes my positive feelings toward her.
 deztiny4you
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/7/2009 12:02:49 AM
Well I dunno... I have had moments where I wanted to kiss a guy... I usually always ask first though or say " I want to kiss you" maybe its not okay?
 matchlight
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2009 2:11:55 PM

I usually always ask first though or say " I want to kiss you" maybe its not okay?

If I'm attracted to a lady, I don't just have moments when I want to kiss her--I want to all the time I'm with her.

I looked at your pictures--you don't need to ask. It might not be OK? What's the guy going to do--call the cops because you kissed him without his permission?

If you want to kiss a guy you're with, all you have to do is touch him on the hand or arm while you're talking and just very slowly bring your face closer to his. And keep smiling. If he ( for God knows what reason) doesn't meet you halfway, kiss him anyway.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Who shoud initiate kissing/sex? The man or woman?